Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scythe Buffs happened, but is it enough? .__.

PraetorPtolemy

I've been playing Warframe for around 2 years now and sadly Scythes and Machetes are still sadly forgotten. 

So I did get info that Scythes did get a buff "I was taking a break when this buff rolled out I guess" but I still feel like its not enough, Reaper prime which is the best of the scythe variants didnt have much going for it, the only significant buff in my opinion was to its Crit% which went from 10 to 20. I guess it would be ok against some higher lvl'd units now but to be honest its just not enough, and this leaves us with the same ol, dumb crit build thats being used on pretty much everything because its becoming the only viable build option for weapons. 

Does anyone feel the same? Even with the new release of the Gazal Machete "which actually isnt a bad weapon but part of its function is attached to Djinn, and Djinn will die in the first couple minutes of any high lvl content.

We want new stance's for the machete's as well.

Edited by N7-JackSwallows
Obtained new info on the Buff that was rolled out.

Just now, AXCrusnik said:

Well I feel stupid now, x3 I hadnt even noticed. Since we've gotten new mods I took my Scythes to the Simulator to try and see if I could make a build for higher lvl content, but I still feel like they are not up to par. Is it just me? or am I modding them wrong?

H

1 minute ago, N7-JackSwallows said:

Well I feel stupid now, x3 I hadnt even noticed. Since we've gotten new mods I took my Scythes to the Simulator to try and see if I could make a build for higher lvl content, but I still feel like they are not up to par. Is it just me? or am I modding them wrong?

Hate with a 2.5 crit multiplies is fantastic with blood rush and body count now. 

2 minutes ago, N7-JackSwallows said:

Well I feel stupid now, x3 I hadnt even noticed.

If you didn't notice then that speaks volumes either about how much you care or about the quality of the buffs.

Either way, my Hate is a beast. It's just... too slow to be decent to use.

1 minute ago, N7-JackSwallows said:

Is it just me? or am I modding them wrong?

They made them all more crit viable and increased base damage, so build for crit/berserker, also the scythe buff wasn't included in patch notes (not sure if they added them later or not).

Just now, Chipputer said:

If you didn't notice then that speaks volumes either about how much you care or about the quality of the buffs.

Either way, my Hate is a beast. It's just... too slow to be decent to use.

Yeah, as I said I did take a break, and recently came back and tried to mod Hate and Reaper prime for higher lvl content. Yeah I've always felt that Hate was much too slow. I dont have primed fury yet, so maybe that would fix its speed issue, but reaper prime has a higher speed stat so I've been trying to use that instead.

They made them all more crit viable and increased base damage, so build for crit/berserker, also the scythe buff wasn't included in patch notes (not sure if they added them later or not).

I want to say that its not, I did read through patch notes, "not all of it because that would be near 7 months worth of patches to read through, but I didnt see Scythes come up. Maybe I just missed it. But the base stat for crit on Reaper prime says its currently at 20%, wasnt it always like that? or maybe it was 15% even still thats not much to go off of, also I just feel like its the same "crit mod setup that acts like a band-aid" it doesnt open up different ways to use it or offer any new viable play styles. Or at least thats how I feel.

Edited by N7-JackSwallows
wording choice.

5 minutes ago, N7-JackSwallows said:

But the base stat for crit on Reaper prime says its currently at 20%, wasnt it always like that?

If you want to know a weapons/warframes stat history, I recommend using the History feature on the items wiki page (use the drop down arrow on the Edit button). I happen to have the reaper prime buff comparison in my browser's history so here's a freebie: http://warframe.wikia.com/index.php?title=Reaper_Prime&diff=1253588&oldid=1230743

Edited by AXCrusnik

If you want to know a weapons/warframes stat history, I recommend using the History feature on the items wiki page. I happen to have the reaper prime buff comparison in my browser's history so here's a freebie: http://warframe.wikia.com/index.php?title=Reaper_Prime&diff=1253588&oldid=1230743

Thank you for grabbing that mate, I'll take a look at it.

If you want to know a weapons/warframes stat history, I recommend using the History feature on the items wiki page. I happen to have the reaper prime buff comparison in my browser's history so here's a freebie: http://warframe.wikia.com/index.php?title=Reaper_Prime&diff=1253588&oldid=1230743

Alright, so they did double its Crit Chance from 10% to 20% but if you look at the rest of the boughs they are actually pretty miniscule. So then this weapon would be viable with a crit build but not really otherwize. :/ It just makes me sad that a lot there are a lot of weapons people are not able to use unless its just the same old crit build. 

23 minutes ago, N7-JackSwallows said:

Yeah, as I said I did take a break, and recently came back and tried to mod Hate and Reaper prime for higher lvl content. Yeah I've always felt that Hate was much too slow. I dont have primed fury yet, so maybe that would fix its speed issue, but reaper prime has a higher speed stat so I've been trying to use that instead.

I end up having to use Primed Fury and Berserker for it to feel even slightly good. It's just too slow for anything other than quick melee and you're better off pulling out a greatsword-type or a sword and shield with Final Harbinger to get that same type of swing coverage.

It makes me sad because I like my glorified pickaxes that they call scythes, but I just can't justify using them.

20 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

I end up having to use Primed Fury and Berserker for it to feel even slightly good. It's just too slow for anything other than quick melee and you're better off pulling out a greatsword-type or a sword and shield with Final Harbinger to get that same type of swing coverage.

It makes me sad because I like my glorified pickaxes that they call scythes, but I just can't justify using them.

Well said brother, I agree with you, as well as all the other Scythe class lovers would. I think it would be cool to have a voting system where players can go on the forums and vote for DE to look or revisit something theyve worked on, "if they dont already have that, Im not much of a forums guy".

7 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Use another stance. The main reason they feel slow to you is not the attack speed, but the lengthly animations. From my experience, Stalking Fan is a slow one, use the other blue stance.

16 hours ago, N7-JackSwallows said:

I've been playing Warframe for around 2 years now and sadly Scythes and Machetes are still sadly forgotten. 

So I did get info that Scythes did get a buff "I was taking a break when this buff rolled out I guess" but I still feel like its not enough, Reaper prime which is the best of the scythe variants didnt have much going for it, the only significant buff in my opinion was to its Crit% which went from 10 to 20. I guess it would be ok against some higher lvl'd units now but to be honest its just not enough, and this leaves us with the same ol, dumb crit build thats being used on pretty much everything because its becoming the only viable build option for weapons. 

Does anyone feel the same? Even with the new release of the Gazal Machete "which actually isnt a bad weapon but part of its function is attached to Djinn, and Djinn will die in the first couple minutes of any high lvl content.

We want new stance's for the machete's as well.

if you have problem with your Djinn dying run Nezha with wardin halo augment..

if you want a faster scythe run the stalking fan stance with rush and overdrive melee mod....the stance is affected by sprint speed not just swing speed.

if you want a better scythe then reaper prime their is one in the infested research lab that those the JOB

of course I still feel like scythe and machete are not the best they can be but I also feel people have not tried experimenting with their stance mechanics and the weapon quality on synergy with their warframe to try to get accurate results on their real potential. So their is potential we just haven't measure it in all this 2 years ....WHY because we have taken the trip in the one though train that leads us to try to be effective with what we know instead of trying to be effective with the unknowns and the underrated weapon classes/type

10 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Use another stance. The main reason they feel slow to you is not the attack speed, but the lengthly animations. From my experience, Stalking Fan is a slow one, use the other blue stance.

They're both slow. Stalking Fan is slower but Reaping Spiral is terrible. I'd rather have slow and usable than average and terrible.

3 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

They're both slow. Stalking Fan is slower but Reaping Spiral is terrible. I'd rather have slow and usable than average and terrible.

Come on, what exactly would you expect, a daggers speed? They are classed as heavy weapons after all, but they still have more manageable speeds than the heavy blades or hammers.

7 hours ago, Chipputer said:

7 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Come on, what exactly would you expect, a daggers speed? They are classed as heavy weapons after all, but they still have more manageable speeds than the heavy blades or hammers.

Try running it with overdrive channel mod the one that increases Sprint speed on channel kills...additionally try rush on warframe ...The stance combo are not just affect by melee swing speed but also by the speed of warframe....don't ask me why but I do remember the wiki making mention on the stance stalking fan that is affected by Sprint speed

19 hours ago, Leavith said:

if you have problem with your Djinn dying run Nezha with wardin halo augment..

if you want a faster scythe run the stalking fan stance with rush and overdrive melee mod....the stance is affected by sprint speed not just swing speed.

if you want a better scythe then reaper prime their is one in the infested research lab that those the JOB

of course I still feel like scythe and machete are not the best they can be but I also feel people have not tried experimenting with their stance mechanics and the weapon quality on synergy with their warframe to try to get accurate results on their real potential. So their is potential we just haven't measure it in all this 2 years ....WHY because we have taken the trip in the one though train that leads us to try to be effective with what we know instead of trying to be effective with the unknowns and the underrated weapon classes/type

that last bit didnt make much sense, and yes I have experimented with combos and on other frames. right now the stances suck to be honest, Stalking Fan would be better if the combo animation wasnt so slow. Playing for 2 years, I know how to mod. My point for this whole post was that the base stats need an upgrade. I dont wanna have to mod my Warframe with specific mods to make my melee play faster. "some weapons I might do that, but right now its not even worth doing that for Scythes."

17 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

I've actually found that Reaping Spiral is better, it doesnt synergize well while going forward and spamming E "because thats part of a combo" but theres another combo down the list a bit and you can actually chuck the scythe kinda like a glaive [cool animation, but hard to use when being mobbed]. And yeah I agree that since they are classed as heavy weapons they shouldnt be as fast as a dagger, but since they ARE classed as a heavy weapon they should have the stats to reflect that. "especially reaper prime, because duhh its a prime right? haha". This is just in my opinion, Im sure there are a lot of players who might agree.

9 hours ago, Leavith said:

Try running it with overdrive channel mod the one that increases Sprint speed on channel kills...additionally try rush on warframe ...The stance combo are not just affect by melee swing speed but also by the speed of warframe....don't ask me why but I do remember the wiki making mention on the stance stalking fan that is affected by Sprint speed

Like I was telling the other guy, we shouldn't have to mod our Warframe around a melee weapon though, it just doesnt make it a viable option to use, and some frames need all those slots to even have a chance at higher game play without a major struggle in game.