Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Consider Changing Forum Software

xDaitenshi

As time goes on and the community grows (after closed beta mostly) I must suggest a better forum service than the one currently used. This one suits its needs at the moment and does what we need it to do.

But, as an avid starbound community member I love the accessability and how well done the forums are. It truely isn't my decision in the long run but I'd love everyone to check out xenForo and share your opinions and concerns. It really does't even have to be xenForo, if you know of a better forum service please suggest one too!

Mostly my issue is with the lack of options accesable by those who don't know bbc coding, such as buttons up top of the message box. This is an issue to me because I like to properly format my suggestions in an easy to read manner with all the prettying up.

Anf Spllchej And Spellcheck would be a wonderful addition.

http://xenforo.com/

Edited by xDaitenshi

To be perfectly honest all this forum really needs is sig/avi options, player profiles and private messaging.

You can get spell check add ons for most browsers these days anyway.

Thats true and I know that very well. I'm sure most of us do, but I'm more talking about the accessability to the public/layman who doesn't know and would like to become part of the community. Sadly we can't just make everyone understand these things. Switching to another forum software would add those options as well as more.

This forum currently runs on IP.Board and I can assure you that IP.Board is good enough and advanced too. It's just that DE decided to limit most of the options to the user. I don't know if it's only for the time being, but we actually don't really a need a new forum software.

This forum currently runs on IP.Board and I can assure you that IP.Board is good enough and advanced too. It's just that DE decided to limit most of the options to the user. I don't know if it's only for the time being, but we actually don't really a need a new forum software.

Well I suppose i should have done more research as my post was a testament to my ignorance on the matter. Still, I'd like it if the let me format my posts properly instead of this absolute limit on our options.

Well I suppose i should have done more research as my post was a testament to my ignorance on the matter. Still, I'd like it if the let me format my posts properly instead of this absolute limit on our options.

Well, true. Sometimes it's hard if you don't know what BBcode works if there's no button in the text editor. This may be the standard editor, I'm sure IP.Board has the option to enable WYSIWYG editor.

I did some BBcode testing, all that I know works fine. But I don't remember a lot, since I rarely comes to a forum anymore these days.

logo.png <-- it's clickable!

Warframe

https://warframe.com/

Update 5: The Big One!
Major new features:
- All-new mission structure: explore the solar system!
- Different factions control regions of space; destroy them!
- Crushing bosses added; team up and take them down!
- Foundries have opened up; build your own gear!
- Resources are hidden in different regions
- Real-time mission events on the star-chart
- Lucrative opportunities and tough raids
- Artifact cards to be used for missions of extreme danger
- In game voice chat to coordinate your attacks
- Host migration & improved networking fault-tolerance

Major changes:
- New and improved revive system; includes temporary invulnerability!
- Ships can now have multiple objectives unlocked throughout
- Improved enemy placement and encounter pacing
- Enemy difficulty scaling tuned for greater challenges in deep-space
- Automatic profit-sharing with your squad
- Upgrade UI now has stats to help you make the ultimate gear

Cool updates:
- Mag’s pull ability can rip shields away from enemies
- Cold damage now slows affected targets
- Corpus ships now feature turrets, cameras and laser doors
- End of mission bonuses & rewards
- Tenno bonuses for “First win of the Day”
- The in-game music is now generated dynamically
- Painted targets are now context-sensitive
- Weapon effects now change based on installed modules
- In-game challenges can now be completed

Notorious bugs fixed:
- Walls are no longer transparent on older video cards!
- The Lotus’ voice now conforms to volume control
- DirectX11 no longer crashes when running multiple video cards
- Mission-completion checks are now more thorough
- International keyboard stability issues
- The upload datamass cannot be lost in missions
- Ultra-wide displays now supported properly
- Improved video-card compatibility and min-spec detection

Miscellaneous updates:
- Nearly 1000 translation updates from our volunteer army!
- Improved Tenno animations
- Many menus & screens polished

Note: that all accounts have been reset due to these massive changes.

Note 2: Some hotfixes!
- Fixed text corruption in several languages
- Improvements to Exterminate spawning
- Affinity Boosters now give boosts for non-combat actions
- Fixed minor respawn issues
- Higher level enemies are tougher
- Captain Vor is more aggressive! Look out!

center

left

right

IPB is the best forums software. XEN is terrible.

A LOT of the forum features are diabled, which is why you think the forums is bad... I'm sure more features will be enabled as time goes on, but there is no need for a PM feature or profiles or anything like that during the closed BETA.

Edited by Kiwi

All the bbcode works, its just the editor doesnt show it

Usually it'd be up to the user to choose what text editor to use. But DE didn't enable the function where it let us to choose which. The User CP is currently very limited, only to General settings (very limited, only timezone setting is useful for now), "About Me" (which we can't even see, for now, I guess), Notifications and Ignore list.

We even don't have the permission to view users' profiles. I've tried, only to know that it said I don't have the permission to do so. But it's still in closed beta, I guess they want to take it easy first. Lesser functions, lesser load for the server.