Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

G1 Limbo is more powerful then you think

General_Durandal

The reason I see people not use him, is because how hard it is to use him at full strength. (and that you can't loot while rifting)

He's so squishy, one mess-up can cost the game.

I just helped someone that never played limbo with a good build before,

set up a good build for limbo, and taught them ways to use limbo.

They had the Naramon path, and wondered if it stacked with surge, 

and rejoiced at the sight of 400+k red crits with their Fragor Prime speed criter.

Edited by General_Durandal

Well, I'm tired too of seeing "X is OP". If we use what we have correctly, almost everything is OP. My banshee when using sonar, does x13 damage, that's way too OP and nobdy says notging. Convered lethality does instakill, lecta secura with maiming strike does 180k per swing doing 2-3 swing per second at crazy range. Tonkor does 50k area damage per shot, titania melts everything, loki is directly invisible (crazy combo with gas where 5 enemies lvl 140 lasts no longer than a coulpe of seconds), rhino makes the whole team do x2,5 damage for 70 seconds etc...

You see where I'm going, why still comlpaining?

Edited by Folllet

As a limbo main player, I gotta say, I completely agree with you there, you just gonna have to use limbo the right way, just use the right mods, and the right lens for him, and you'll be fine. And if I'm correct, limbo's ult will be having a little tweak, limbo's damage will increase depending on how many enemies are inside the rift, wonder if that stacks with his 3rd ability augment. 

1 hour ago, AlphaSierraMike said:

Or.... Grab every enemy in sight with a max range Nidus and mow through 20+ enemies at once with any decent melee weapon.

400k red crit is still just one kill.

1 hour ago, General_Durandal said:

400+k red crits

An s at the end of a word means multiple of something.

Limbo might not be able to kill rooms with his powers,

but he can kill gods with his weapons.

1 hour ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Or just use Banshee since she is way more simple to play. You get even more damage with silence + naramon + sonar. You'll crit for millions if not for billions per hit with a gas build.

Naramon is OP, not the frames.

How does a gas build with Banshee work?

silence+naramon+sonar+gas build melee weapon, (right?)

Edited by General_Durandal

1 hour ago, Folllet said:

Well, I'm tired too of seeing "X is OP". If we use what we have correctly, almost everything is OP. My banshee when using sonar, does x13 damage, that's way too OP and nobdy says notging. Convered lethality does instakill, lecta secura with maiming strike does 180k per swing doing 2-3 swing per second at crazy range. Tonkor does 50k area damage per shot, titania melts everything, loki is directly invisible (crazy combo with gas where 5 enemies lvl 140 lasts no longer than a coulpe of seconds), rhino makes the whole team do x2,5 damage for 70 seconds etc...

You see where I'm going, why still comlpaining?

Wat?

Tell me the secret of maiming lecta please.

3 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

Wat?

Tell me the secret of maiming lecta please.

Is lecta secura, of course, here you go: Primed pressure point, primed reach, maiming strike, blood rush, north wind, molten impact, spoiled strike and organ shatter, and the stance is coiling viper. Note that I have everything maxed out and that damage is done when the blood rush is at max efficiency (with no combo does around 40 to 80k per swing). You need to invest 5 formas, one on the stance slot. 

Have fun

Edit: The way of the swing is if in your mouse you have 2 buttons in your thumb, one is for crouch, the other one is for meele attack. That way you can do insta-swing attacks, as fast as you can press both buttons

Edited by Folllet

I'm not sure people have ever really complained Limbo is weak. I love Limbo and I know he's one of the most powerful frames if played correctly. The problem people have with him, the reason they tend to abandon the team immediately, is because his mechanics aren't very team friendly. I play him very well as an indestructible assassin frame that picked off specific powerful targets. But he doesn't work well with others in most scenarios, that's what should be worked on among other things. His new abilities look awesome though, so honestly I'll probably play the hell out of him whether my team likes it or not. :crylaugh:

6 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

An s at the end of a word means multiple of something.

Limbo might not be able to kill rooms with his powers,

but he can kill gods with his weapons.

I'm fairly sure that's the reason why most people don't use Limbo, instead of not being able to find a build on the internet. It's a faff to kill one target at a time when the room is packed.

But realistically, in what situation would that damage be necessary? Sortie 3? Bosses? And at that point, simply surviving should probably be the first priority and limbo is....ehhh. There's not much point being able to deal massive damage if you don't get the chance to.

When people refer to Nidus as being OP, it's because it's OP in gameplay, not in numbers. It's able to do damage + cc, heal a little, and an invincibility system that rarely depletes itself. Because being at a higher level, where invincibility has even a chance of kicking in, results in more hits being needed to kill with anything. More hits mean a faster stack accumulation, therefore more invincibility time. I'm surprised not that many people run a minimum strength build on Nidus.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I'm not sure people have ever really complained Limbo is weak. I love Limbo and I know he's one of the most powerful frames if played correctly. The problem people have with him, the reason they tend to abandon the team immediately, is because his mechanics aren't very team friendly. I play him very well as an indestructible assassin frame that picked off specific powerful targets. But he doesn't work well with others in most scenarios, that's what should be worked on among other things. His new abilities look awesome though, so honestly I'll probably play the hell out of him whether my team likes it or not. :crylaugh:

Cataclysm Sniper. (best used in missions like mobile defense and defense, where your team stay in one place for long times)

Find a good vantage point overlooking the area your team is or the defense target,

from that point riftwalk and surge, and cast long range+duration cataclysm, (not max, because max would lower power strength) 

and snipe enemies with your Opticore, or Sniper Rifle. (i use vectis prime)

Rift Reviver/Decoy/Support

Rift walk alongside your allies, and get between them and enemies.

Try to be the enemy's center of attention to get they to shoot you instead of your teammates.

This build is best utilized with the Broken Scepter, which it's special effect can be used in the rift.

With it you can create health orbs and energy orbs safely for your teammates from the corpses of enemies.

Should also use a Syn Gun, since their burst can affect enemies outside the rift.

Also keep an eye on allies health, when they go down, revive them with for worry, even if they fell in front of a rampart.

1 hour ago, AlphaSierraMike said:

I'm fairly sure that's the reason why most people don't use Limbo, instead of not being able to find a build on the internet. It's a faff to kill one target at a time when the room is packed.

But realistically, in what situation would that damage be necessary? Sortie 3? Bosses? And at that point, simply surviving should probably be the first priority and limbo is....ehhh. There's not much point being able to deal massive damage if you don't get the chance to.

When people refer to Nidus as being OP, it's because it's OP in gameplay, not in numbers. It's able to do damage + cc, heal a little, and an invincibility system that rarely depletes itself. Because being at a higher level, where invincibility has even a chance of kicking in, results in more hits being needed to kill with anything. More hits mean a faster stack accumulation, therefore more invincibility time. I'm surprised not that many people run a minimum strength build on Nidus.

Yeah, he's a slow killer, but when there is one target that needs killing at that moment, he's the best. (since he can do it to bosses too)

Need to kill a sortie three boss with limbo? You will need a long range rifle with high accuracy, (i use vectis prime)

find an area overlooking the boss, riftwalk+surge, then cataclysm the area the boss is in, then shoot him from a safe distance with your rifle.

With many bosses, Cataclysm sniper can be used efficiently.

But, not against bosses in small rooms, now that the catwalks have invis walls. (why? it makes being a sniper imposable)

They need to get rid of all the out of bounds/invis walls that don't make sense.

Limbo is extremely powerful, but not for the reason you listed. Naramon has been broken for over a year now, and it can make Hydroid seem god-tier.

Limbo is powerful because he can walk up to any enemy in the game, and say "nah". A level 150 Bombard will sweat inside his cookies n creme suit as he realizes his rockets are passing through the Tenno. Then, before he can say, "That defies the laws of Reality! I call shenanigans!" the Limbo banishes him onto his marbled &#!, hits him with a Rift-Surged Tigris barrage, and walks away, whistling some dapper tune.

Limbo is powerful because he can dictate who, when, and how he fights. Some missions you do deal no damage and take no damage(spies). Some missions you're stats show up orange, despite the fact that there was an Ash, a Banshee, and a Mirage in your squad. 

A smart Limbo is the most devastating force in this game, equal to RNGesus, on his mighty pedastal prime.

6 minutes ago, brainjelly2g0 said:

Limbo is powerful because he can walk up to any enemy in the game, and say "nah". A level 150 Bombard will sweat inside his cookies n creme suit as he realizes his rockets are passing through the Tenno. Then, before he can say, "That defies the laws of Reality! I call shenanigans!" the Limbo banishes him onto his marbled &#!, hits him with a Rift-Surged Tigris barrage, and walks away, whistling some dapper tune.

He's waaay slow thought, if the mission involves doing something besides killing a set number of enemies or doing non combat objectives limbo will end up being overwhelmed very very fast by fodder mobs, infested literally spawn faster than limbo can kill them, grineers have hiekkas and corpus will huddle with the nullifiers until there's so many of them they'll flush you out of the rift. 

4 hours ago, bl4ckhunter said:

He's waaay slow thought, if the mission involves doing something besides killing a set number of enemies or doing non combat objectives limbo will end up being overwhelmed very very fast by fodder mobs, infested literally spawn faster than limbo can kill them, grineers have hiekkas and corpus will huddle with the nullifiers until there's so many of them they'll flush you out of the rift. 

If you're impatient and facing low-tier enemies, hell yeah there's better choices. However, a smart Limbo is what I was referencing. Players like that are skilled enough to dance in and out of the Rift to take down enemies, and Limbo's playstyle is remarkably versatile in its application. If you don't like him, fine. But know that the problem lies not in the frame, but in your own inability to GIT GUD M8

2 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

I think the current Limbo is quite strong. How many warframes do you know can take on twenty sortie level sentients? Its not even min maxed.

Yes.

Just put strength and range mods + 3rd ability augment.

The 3rd ability augment is STILL uncapped. Feel free to spam your 4th and 3rd ability as much as you can before DE (might) change it. But still, limbo needs that buff to takedown whatever enemy is inside his home. (rift plane)