Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More consideration to be put in for how weapons effect your allies in the squad

-FV-Metheria

I don't think it's unfair to say there is a decent amount of players that heavily dislike options such as the Telos Boltace, Tonkor, Synoid Simulor, and so on. The reason why, is that they do so much for you over a big area for less effort. This creates a positive experience for the user, but potentially lessens it for other people. One thing these weapons generally share is that you fire and forget. I feel like they could do well to be more like the Penta, where the user both has to fire the weapon and detonate at the optimal time. This does two things, it both ensures active effort on the user creating a more rewarding experience, and makes sure they need to spend more time in a area if they wish to truly lock it down, rather than being able to ignore it.

Just to clarify, i'm not saying that everyone dislikes seeing them, but that there is enough people who that this should be a legitimate concern for future weapon creation.

Ib4 "it's a pve game" and "let me play how I want".

I totally agree with you though op.  The people who defend the use/abuse of these weapons aren't considering the "co-op" aspect of Warframe.  Or maybe they are, and just don't care.

I typically only take cheesy things like the Simulor when I'm playing solo or with friends.  But 9 times out of 10 I regret that practice because there's inevitably a Mirage/Simulor in the group and I'm left twitling my fingers and watching affinity numbers pop up.  That, or I leave the group.

Sometimes I do wish there is a telos boltace or synoid simulor in the group during very high level missions.... definitely don't want to see all players with a lex prime shooting 6 bullets with a 2.3sec reload time against large horde of enemies that can potentially one-shot us.

31 minutes ago, kyori said:

Sometimes I do wish there is a telos boltace or synoid simulor in the group during very high level missions.... definitely don't want to see all players with a lex prime shooting 6 bullets with a 2.3sec reload time against large horde of enemies that can potentially one-shot us.

what about 120 bullets in half second with 3 sec reload? :P

i myself do not really care too much

i have seen the mirage-simulor combo been used in a public match a few times
as well as telos boltace users (myself only in solo)
the first time i saw the mirage simulor combo ( where there were 2 of them even) i was thinking ''wow so this is what everyone is angry about'' i just could not understand all the hate and i did not really care

and i think the telos boltace is not even that strong, try a maiming strike blood rush atterax (crit build with possibly combo duration and weeping wounds) and the telos boltace does almost nothing (starting after the 5th hit already, the other hits are cinda equal) in comparison whilst also having a range that is practically equal (btw i have both i just don't use them often)

just to clarify i have mirage but i do not have (synoid) simulor and i do not really care about that weapon

i just think you should play how you want to play and if you are angered by a public player then be happy that the chance of getting in the same squad again is minimal
(ragequitting a match is cinda just as negative on the team as these weapons and something i actually dislike)

I have to say the Tonkor, Ignis, and many other AOE weapons don't bother me in the slightest. The main reason I personally dislike the Telos Boltace and Simulor is the overwhelming spam of both noise and mainly visual spam. The Ignis doesn't obscure my vision much even when 3 other people are using one (we had an all Ignis ODD run and I had no problems keeping a clear view of what was going on). The Telos Boltace is quite a bit of graphical spam even when done at a moderate pace, add in the macro everyone uses and it just gets obnoxious. The same happens when there is a Synoid user spamming shots all over the place.

If they would just tune those two down to about 10% of what they are graphically it would be a much less annoying situation.

Oh and along these same lines PSA: Frost please make your energy color black (no blowing sleet in the snowglobe is awesome!) Limbo, please don't press number 4, thanks!

19 minutes ago, Malkav42 said:

I have to say the Tonkor, Ignis, and many other AOE weapons don't bother me in the slightest. The main reason I personally dislike the Telos Boltace and Simulor is the overwhelming spam of both noise and mainly visual spam. The Ignis doesn't obscure my vision much even when 3 other people are using one (we had an all Ignis ODD run and I had no problems keeping a clear view of what was going on). The Telos Boltace is quite a bit of graphical spam even when done at a moderate pace, add in the macro everyone uses and it just gets obnoxious. The same happens when there is a Synoid user spamming shots all over the place.

If they would just tune those two down to about 10% of what they are graphically it would be a much less annoying situation.

Oh and along these same lines PSA: Frost please make your energy color black (no blowing sleet in the snowglobe is awesome!) Limbo, please don't press number 4, thanks!

I blacked out Vauban's power color too -- I was having issues with my own vortexes being too blinding. I'll remember to switch up my frost next time I equip him.

I personally stay away from most cheese gear, unless I'm running a mission that I want to be in-and-out.

However, I've no problem with letting cheese users do all the work for me.

If they want all the kills, I'll just walk around looting lockers and picking up statues. It's not like they get angry that I have 0 kills, anyway :P

4 hours ago, Tyrian3k said:

Best thing is when they use those on Sorties with the Radiation Hazard modifier and kill the whole team.

Dude, this.

Every cheese user I've had on Radiation levels would make a beeline for the objective the second they get rad proc'd, as if the player behind the PC was also hit by the Radiation.

It's happened so often that I now prepare to kill friendlies more than enemies. Which is entertaining in its own right, but not what I should be armed for, y'know?

So, should we just ask to bring back conclave point, and the weapon you considered OP will have some much points that there will almost 0% chances that you get matched with that kind of gear ? I mean with that we may all have what we want

Edited by Soketsu