Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare prime parts ducats prices dropped by 35 ducats

Gendalph

I messed up a bit and didn't make this a bug report right away, so here you go: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/766160-rare-parts-cost-less-ducats/

According to this https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5vnjwt/several_rare_prime_parts_have_gone_from_100_ducat/

Several Rare prime parts got their ducat price "adjusted" with no warnings:

/u/Chikunnism

Complete list of 100 to 65 ducat changes the last hotfix.

• Vectis Prime Stock
  • Carrier Prime Cerebrum
  • Kavasa Prime Buckle
  • Fragor Prime Handle
  • Ash Prime Systems

This is an undocumented change introduced by adding unaccessible relics (until Banshee Prime release), which effectively just cuts ducats price by 35 out of the blue.

Please, return out 100 ducat prices for this weekend (I personally got cut for over 100 ducats).

Also, 65 for rare parts is a bit too low, I feel like 75 ducats would be much more fair price for rare/uncommon parts.

Edited by Gendalph
add link to bug report

The best option, IMO, would be to always have items remain in the same rarity tier so this 'in-between' pricing doesn't need to happen at all.

It just screws over players who farmed the items when they were rare but haven't yet sold them or converted them to ducats.

It also makes things more confusing when choosing rewards in fissure missions, unnecessarily.

If for some reason DE really must do this, then at least give advance notice so players can convert the items at 100 ducats first to reflect the rarity that existed when they obtained the item.

41 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Maybe because these part will be uncommon on the Banshee prime's relics.

It is, most likely.

Thing is those relics are not in game yet.

10 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

The best option, IMO, would be to always have items remain in the same rarity tier so this 'in-between' pricing doesn't need to happen at all.

It just screws over players who farmed the items when they were rare but haven't yet sold them or converted them to ducats.

It also makes things more confusing when choosing rewards in fissure missions, unnecessarily.

If for some reason DE really must do this, then at least give advance notice so players can convert the items at 100 ducats first to reflect the rarity that existed when they obtained the item.

This would have been the best, but I think this would require us ti have 2 separate items and recipes would have to accept interchangeable items.

Concept sounds nice, but "under the hood" this would take some work.

As for advance notice... "Undocumented change", see? This is most likely a bug, All I want is for them to fix it before Baro arrives.

1 minute ago, Gendalph said:

This would have been the best, but I think this would require us ti have 2 separate items and recipes would have to accept interchangeable items.

Concept sounds nice, but "under the hood" this would take some work.

I think you've misunderstood what I posted.

If an item is rare it should always be rare, I don't mean that there should be rare and uncommon versions of exactly the same item.

Players dont buy useless trash for 800 ducats? Let's just stealth-nerf ducats gain, problem solved.

56 minutes ago, sleeviesaurus said:

Why can't they communicate these changes in advance before they happen? There was a similar unannounced change to some ducat values back in July 2015, and it was implied in the official announcement that the lack of advance warning was an error. And yet it's happened again. 

Because it's more effective without warning.

Edited by SonicSonedit

2 hours ago, sleeviesaurus said:

Why can't they communicate these changes in advance before they happen? There was a similar unannounced change to some ducat values back in July 2015, and it was implied in the official announcement that the lack of advance warning was an error. And yet it's happened again. 

I agree. They should do their job before saying joke about Bansee Prime giveaway.

DE you admitted that you prematurely released this so please revert this until it's supposed to come out. How would you feel if the government took 35% of your money without telling you ahead of time. You would not be able to pay rent of buy food, get evicted, and die in the street.

It's really a shame to see people make a mistake, realize their mistake and its affect on people, and don't fix it.

Give us a chance to sell the items at the original price. Many people don't sell their primes until Baro comes. Many are angry about this.

I am MR 23 and rarely post. I have put up with a lot of questionable/controversial changes, but I can not stand idly by this time. This is injustice!

2 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

@Gendalph Post on the feedback forum and let them know our thoughts on the matter.   Your version is borderline harassment.   

This is feedback. They got feedback on reddit (link in 1st post). They got a bugreport, because unintended changes like these are bugs.

Reaction? "Sorry, this was unintentional, we will try not to do this next time". Shall we make a bet that they will do the same for the third time? It's a policy now. And you should know that policy like this is detrimental to business.

So we either make them have their way and keep stealth-nerfing stuff or we raise a huge fuss so they will tell us before acting.

I want this fixed for today's Baro visit and ducat prices raised to 75-80 ducats, because this change makes rare parts almost equal to uncommon parts, lowering their price by a huge amount.

Edited by Gendalph
typo

1 hour ago, _Vortus_ said:

@Gendalph  You are correct, this is the feedback forum.  When asked what were you supposed to do, I told you.  This is where the discussion should be held.  Your comment on harassing DE's staff rather than discussing it civilly on the forum was the issue.  

In another 30 hours most of this discussion will be irrelevant.

We need ducat prices back for this Baro visit, because on Wednesday Banshee Prime will go Live and these new relics with rares being uncommon will be our reality. So either now or never.

Also, they have noticed this whole fuss, which means my tactics of kicking up a fuss did pay off, somewhat. However, it looks like this was almost for nothing because it ended up being another "Ah, sorry, but we won't change anything.", feels more like "We don't care about time you've spent farming that stuff, go cry in a corner."

On 2/23/2017 at 8:17 AM, ChuckMaverick said:

Exactly. It devalues the work that people put into farming these parts. If they're going to do this, then they should rework the relic selection UI to show the ducat value of each item, since that's effectively what it did originally before they messed with the 25 ducat value items. Even then that was less of an issue, because it's much easier to get common/uncommon parts. Rare parts should have some appropriate value, and 65 is not adequate. Rare drops are our treasures, don't mess with them.

May I also note how this likely wouldn't have been necessary if Banshee P's drops had just been made uncommon to replace Volts'. But nope, gotta reinforce the grind wall, heaven forbid there be any prime frame that's a little bit easier for beginners to get, like Volt P was.