[DE]Danielle

Recent Ducat Price Changes

2 hours ago, AzoreanEve said:

At least there's that. The issue doesn't hurt me much because I had enough ducats for this week but I'm sure some people got f'd over the unexpected changes. Let's hope next time there's less surprises then. All in all, thanks for the clarification.

ya. lets hope. and lets see DE "try their best"

• Upvote 5

why am i not so much of a believer when someone tells me "oh it was a mistake, that i took nearly over 300 dukats from your cashout by accident after you allready gave the prime parts away for ducats" ? i was on the nearly 2000 (around 1940 or so.. now i have 1610!) not cool

and the doorframe amor for the kubrow is not centered in the preview and the leg guards are floating behind the legs, so i asume it will be misplaced on the kubrow in game too? i dont want to pay the ducats i still got on this misplaced mesh

(sry if my frustration might sounds like "you're the one behind this, i want your head on my wall!" nope! you're just the one who informed us now, so you're the one that i can reach out to with a little tennostyle begging: remember clem, how he loves to count the ducats with all of us. how he enjoyed the sound of the coins rolling on the table, dropping to the floor. with every ducat missing, one of his heartwarming "clem!" is missing now. pls, let everyone know, that we can make him happy again, tell them: guys, we need to run a script to make clem happy again, giving the ducats from before the change took effect, to give him the cheer tears of happines, when counting and listening to sound of the ducats.. just a little whisper from the back of the head... just say it: clem! )

Absolutely not in favor of this.

We already saw these items basically lose all their platinum trading value because of the amount of keys that were converted into the relics containing them. Now i can get gold items from my relics and they're only worth 65 ducats at trade-in? How is that possibly fair?

Counter-suggestion: If you must lower their price because they are now dropping more frequently, fully lower them to 45 ducats and immediatly pay out 55 ducats to anyone who receives them from a relic as a gold drop. Otherwise this is just going to devalue the old key collections players had EVEN MORE.

In a time where Baro is bringing around 1-time use blueprints for 100 ducats, nerfing the ducat value of RARE items just because you want to reprint them (to lower their trading value even further?) below that level is unacceptable when you consider the chance of actually getting one of these as your mission result when opening a corresponding relic.

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Danielle stated in the OP that the price change happened accidentally ahead of time due to the contest winners' advanced access to Banshee Prime.

It was a mistake, not any sort of shady behaviour.

Well correct me if im wrong but this is the fourth time that ducat values of relics that were created in the big key conversion were "attacked" and every single time except for the first time (making this the third time consecutively) these changes were "accidentally" put into effect without prior notice (the amount of ducats i lost on not selling those nyx systems, dayum)

I know you don't like developer bashing, but come on. THREE accidentally unannounced consecutive changes? All to the disadvantage of those who held a big collection of old keys? something that DE promised not to devalue? (i mean, now that even the gold items are at best worth 65 ducats out of them, i guess they're purely a source of void traces and not to be taken serious anymore)

If you make that mistake three times in a row, each time to the disadvantage of your playerbase, it is a natural reaction to assume a quantity of malice (not the acolyte) at work. Especially if compensation both retroactively and for the future is declined.

Think about it, people were buying "crap relics" for ~2 platinum (roughly trading 5:10 or 5:9) because of their innate ducat value. If the maximum payout of certain (old) relics has just taken a massive 35% dumpster dive, you can pretty much expect trading prices to follow suit. Which will not only force players to keep spreadsheets of ever increasing numbers of relics in terms of their value, but which also once again extends the grinding required to keep up with baro (i've lost count on how many times THAT has happeened since his rythm was slowed down to 14 days to make the grinding less attricious but i know it was over five different patches)

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

I know you don't like developer bashing, but come on. THREE accidentally unannounced consecutive changes? All to the disadvantage of those who held a big collection of old keys? something that DE promised not to devalue?

I was on a break at the time of the big key conversion, do you have a source for DE's promise not to devalue key collections? It would be really interesting to read/watch what was said at the time.

1 hour ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

So you decided to give some free Banshee Prime to 5 people or so and decided to S#&$ on the rest of us? ty m8

The people who got Banshee Prime for free, were winners in the "Prime Gaming Giveaway" running from Christmas last year to 1st February this year.

They did not just give them out to a few people to annoy everyone else.

52 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I was on a break at the time of the big key conversion, do you have a source for DE's promise not to devalue key collections? It would be really interesting to read/watch what was said at the time.

A lot of it was in devstreams and i had a big topic about various problems with the relic system before. unfortunately that topic derailed and got subsequently deleted (for a limited amount of reference, try this old thread)

It appears to have a link to the original (closed) thread in it, so feel free to look for sources there (with a grain of salt). I remember i posted one particular youtube link to a devstream with a timestamp, and the whole "we're not going to impact your collections value" was also stated on twitter repeatedly (to be later somewhat replaced by the weakened statement "your collection will maintain value" (not ITS value, SOME value, which has now, in this patch, taken another shotgun to the face)

• Upvote 7

Once again they rolled out unannounced nerfs, ignored people requesting clarification until a S#&$storm had become large enough to require this kind of "official thread" response a full day after it became an issue. I thought we were past that kind of communication.

I alone came up with two fixes for this in under five minutes (

- 1. reimburse the ducats lost to those who currently hold these items in their inventories,

- 2, give players who receive them as rare drops from old relics additional ducats instantly upon obtaining the item)

And the best DE can do in 24 hours is tell us that they're sorry they accidentally took thousands of ducats out of our inventories, negatively impacted trading prices probably permanently and not announce any fixes for it whatsoever? I will be thankfull if they do in the future, but you have to understand how this kind of one-way communication is frustrating. Not even mentioning that you're internally discussing compensation for those afflicted just tells everyone who reads between the lines that there are no plans for reimbursement neither short- nor longterm. And that's hella frustrating to some people who just lost a whole chunk of ducats after an unannounced value nerf for a THIRD time.

At this point, the mathmatically logical action for me would be to log into the game and immediatly trade in every single non-extinct prime item i own for its current ducat value, because i have to assume that it could be nerfed at any moment in the future without notice. The fact that high value items were intentionally targetted makes this even more pressing and even worse for those impacted. It also creates an unhealthy atmossphere of anger and anxiety (as demonstrated by me and everyone else airing their grievances here and in other threads)

The correct response would be to roll back the chances and stick with a consistent system where bronze drops are worth 15 ducats, silver drops are worth 45 and gold drops are worth 100. I have listed two scenarios on how to do above and would love to see either of them implemented. It can't be that hard to make sure the value of our items is maintained properly if i can come up with two ways to do it on the spot.

• Upvote 13

11 hours ago, Jukantos said:

At this point, the mathmatically logical action for me would be to log into the game and immediatly trade in every single non-extinct prime item i own for its current ducat value, because i have to assume that it could be nerfed at any moment in the future without notice. The fact that high value items were intentionally targetted makes this even more pressing and even worse for those impacted. It also creates an unhealthy atmossphere of anger and anxiety (as demonstrated by me and everyone else airing their grievances here and in other threads)

Hmm, seems very fishy that high value items were affected.
Maybe that is what DE wanted, to mislead players into converting all their prime items into Ducats.
This way, prime sets/parts would be traded for even higher plat price, and DE benefit from it.
This would also reduces server load in storing all those prime items and instead store just the Ducat values.

Oh, and it reminded me of these previous issues:

Not sure why recently, there are multiple "mistakes" going on around...
:sad:

• Upvote 4

For shame, DE, for shame.

For your next underhanded move I suggest you apply argon crystal-type decay mechanics to ducats, plat and all resources. 

• Upvote 3

Will there be any indication that these are worth more than uncommon items, but worth less than rares, when choosing rewards in a fissure mission?

Like the other guy said about Hema and how people worked hard for it and so rest shouldn't get the easier treatment.

I worked hard for farming relic/traces to rad run it so why ruin it and not give us advanced warning? lol

DE is making many mistakes lately. Eveything they say will go hunt them down the road but we all know they don't care.

• Upvote 8

On 2/23/2017 at 5:05 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

We apologize for the sudden change, and will try our best to give you advanced warning come any future changes for Ducats.

You/DE said that very same thing on the very first ducat nerf when i lost over 2k ducats.

So forgive me if i think that old chestnut...

• Upvote 7

Ya many wanted banshee prime and when she comes she jinxed many things.

Could have bought few more items if not for the ducat value drop.

Now those banshee lovers should be happy that there are problems now. lol

@[DE]Danielle , with introduction of new relics for Oberon/Silva & Aegis/Sybaris prime, can you let us know which ducat exchange rates are going to change in advance, if any?

Edited by YasharF

Of course this all could be avoided if when introducing new relics, you didn't take previously rare items and make them uncommon or common.  What's the rational behind that?

If item A is Rare on a relic getting vaulted due to item B, create a new relic and make it Rare on the new one... seems simple enough.

Aside from the ducat devaluation that occurs when you mess with the rarity, the plat trading value goes down the toilet as well - so moving Ash systems from Rare to Uncommon also dumpstered the value of Ash Systems people had saved for future platinum.

Considering this rather lame move, not actually giving people enough time to get rid of the items before dropping their value...  I would honestly hope DE will be a bit more forthcoming and adjusting Baro's high price ranges to be less excessive. Hell, I don't have a whole week to farm and open eggs to get a ton of low-value prime items that won't amount to a SINGLE mod from Baro. not to mention anything else he sells for much higher prices.

18 hours ago, Jeffrey94 said:

You guys realize this happened months ago, right?

Although the OP was for the last occurrence.  We are asking DE if they are going to have changes again next week when the new prime item and their relics are to be released.

I would like to take the time to repost what ive already said before, these ducat price changes turn DEs stated commitment to nit devalue our converted key collections into a farce and a lie, as these relics now literally are worth less on the same reward tier as newer relics.

Please add the appropiate amount of ducats as a payout to these old relics when dropping now more common parts. As long as you do not do so, you are proving you are willing to go back on your word when it comes to player inventories, making it rather difficult to trust you or the ingame value stability.

And again in case you try to say that statement is somehow in violation to tje rules regarding developer bashing: my intent is to state facts and to get you to amend your own actions. If you view that as an offense against you, you're entirely missing the point. I WANT to be able to put my full trust in you, im just not a fan of losing literally over a thousand ducats because i didnt trade in my items before an unannounced Day X when you publically guaranteed our collections QUOTE "would not lose value". I will continue to attempt to persuade you to be reasonable and accountable to your word.

• Upvote 3