Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building a great Jordas Verdict Nightmare

-FV-Metheria

With the many bug fixes for Trials recently, it's clear [DE] is paying more mind to these bits of daily end game content. The next logical step after some more bug fixes would be to either create a entirely new Trial or give the Jordas Verdict a nightmare version. Assuming you read the title, you know what i'll try to give my mind on what makes a good experience. 

Now, before we dive in let's just quickly identify the meta of Jordas Verdict. You focus on killing enemies very efficiently, with DPS frames and Supports built to sustain or buff. Archwing segments tend towards mostly Amesha for surviving and Odonata to provide more damage dealing for the team. A Nightmare variant as I see it, is meant to ramp up the already existing difficultly to require players to always be actively fighting for the victory. 

A fair progression, would be to have stuff such as green bubbles that can destroy the spore instantly. This will require further spore control ability to properly navigate. Adding ability nullification bubbles would also be a logical progression, since it won't stop you from killing enemies but require more base mechanic knowledge of the players.

Something I would suggest against, is instant failure states. Don't do something like the raid is failed if Jordas purges before a nerve is destroyed. As can be seen from LoR NM, all this did was create what many felt was arbitrary difficulty that caused spite and hate in chat.