Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fissure Excavate - let us get artefact reward at extraction like non endless mission types

BenzinNinJa

Title pretty much says it all.

When the extration requirement has been met (Get whatever much Cryotic it is), it would be nice to be able to acually get the relic reward rather than having to start the next Fissue cycle.
Then it'd conform better with non-endless mission types.

21 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

But excavate isn't non-endless. Why do you want it to act like it is?

Because it's a waste of time to jog around and start the next cycle only to extract right after.

4 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

I don´t really understand what you are saying.

Right now you have to finish the current Fissure cycle to open the relic you have chosen, even though you already have 10 reactants, and "the relic has been cracked open".
If you have 10 reactants, and extract before you complete the cycle (and thus start a new one), you don't get anything from the currently equipped relic.

1 minute ago, Sargeant_Q said:

Because currently if you go to extraction with a relic equipped the relic is NOT opened.  Even if you have all the reactant. Same issue with Survival.

Because you have to wait for the mission objective to be completed (5 minutes for survival, 200 cryotic for excavation, 5 waves for defence, 1 wave for interception, etc). The only reason excavation and survival are different from defence and interception is because there's an extraction tile, but getting to extraction is not the objective of those mission types.

It should still be changed to allow anyone with 10 reactant and a relic equipped to open said relic on extraction.  This is not to say change it so the relics are only opened on extraction, but rather that when extraction occurs, it opens any relics with full reactant.

Just now, GrayArchon said:

Because you have to wait for the mission objective to be completed (5 minutes for survival, 200 cryotic for excavation, 5 waves for defence, 1 wave for interception, etc). The only reason excavation and survival are different from defence and interception is because there's an extraction tile, but getting to extraction is not the objective of those mission types.

I routinely go 20+ minutes in survival.  However as it stands right now i have to be careful about when i extract.  I may use a radiant at minute 30 only to find that we aren't able to stay up consistently as a group.  However at that point i have already gotten the reactant to open the relic.  Meaning just extracting now will waste the relic.  Forcing us to go to minute 35 and choose the play without relic option. 

Do you see the issue now?

7 minutes ago, Sargeant_Q said:

I routinely go 20+ minutes in survival.  However as it stands right now i have to be careful about when i extract.  I may use a radiant at minute 30 only to find that we aren't able to stay up consistently as a group.  However at that point i have already gotten the reactant to open the relic.  Meaning just extracting now will waste the relic.  Forcing us to go to minute 35 and choose the play without relic option. 

Do you see the issue now?

As far as I know from the information it was given to us, and also as I noticed, if you don't:

1. Collect 10 reactant

AND

2. Accomplish the mission objective,

your relic is not used at all. That also happens in case of mission failure, your relic remains if you don't get a reward for it.

So, even if you use a relic and collect the reactant in a survival, then it happens that you will extract before the 5 mins have passed, the relic WON'T be wasted.

When I tested it, It did get used.  Thus my paranoia about extracting with a relic in use.  Also, You still get traces if you open it.  Not matter what.

Also,  The way you described it, makes it look like if you get 10 reactant and have to extract between waves you still lose it.  I can see you didn't mean that from your summery.  But that is what I got out of your points.

Survival and Excavation don't really fit with the non endless or with Defense and Interception.  You can go as long as you want but you also have to go to extraction and wait for everyone else like a non endless.

48 minutes ago, BenzinNinJa said:

Because it's a waste of time to jog around and start the next cycle only to extract right after.

Right now you have to finish the current Fissure cycle to open the relic you have chosen, even though you already have 10 reactants, and "the relic has been cracked open".
If you have 10 reactants, and extract before you complete the cycle (and thus start a new one), you don't get anything from the currently equipped relic.

Ok, now I get you, but I have to disagree, just because of the possibility of trolling. 

Let´s say you have a full group, 2 already have 10 reactants and are going to extract and 2 don´t have 10 reactants and thus don´t want to extract. They are now forced to extract and won´t get a fissure reward if they aren´t fast enough to get the missing reactants.

And knowing mankind, this will happen alot. This already is happening to me somehow from time to time if I want to continue and other don´t.

14 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

Ok, now I get you, but I have to disagree, just because of the possibility of trolling. 

Let´s say you have a full group, 2 already have 10 reactants and are going to extract and 2 don´t have 10 reactants and thus don´t want to extract. They are now forced to extract and won´t get a fissure reward if they aren´t fast enough to get the missing reactants.

And knowing mankind, this will happen alot. This already is happening to me somehow from time to time if I want to continue and other don´t.

That's not untrue, although that's something that can be fixed by DE implementing something that we've been screaming about for years.
Allow indivudual extraction.