Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove all the invisible walls and out of bounds areas from the good sniping spots

General_Durandal

16 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Wait, where does sniping matter?

Well, for someone who likes to snipe, every area.

But, the two areas I can say off the top of my head, are the elivator roof of the shipyard defense map,

and the catwalk in the jakle boss room.

Also the wall ledge in the gas planet corpus colony long-room where the mobile defense missions commonly go.

There is also this one OoB area spot in the map room on grineer battleship tileset,

that makes no sense since you can stand right next to it.

Just now, General_Durandal said:

Missions aren't pvp, so that shouldn't ever matter.

While I agree, DE doesn't.

Why else would they have put in the walls in the first place?  I mean, look at ODD.  Those sweet ledges people used to stand on and spam abilities or snipe from are now blocked off.  You are forced onto the lamp posts or onto the ground.

1 minute ago, Noamuth said:

While I agree, DE doesn't.

Why else would they have put in the walls in the first place?  I mean, look at ODD.  Those sweet ledges people used to stand on and spam abilities or snipe from are now blocked off.  You are forced onto the lamp posts or onto the ground.

If DE didn't want us to snipe then why the hek did they add the sniper combo counter?

Hey everyone, here is a cool mechanic that makes being a sniper more rewarding,

to bad you won't get to use it because we're putting invis walls in all the good camping spots.

24 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

If DE didn't want us to snipe then why the hek did they add the sniper combo counter?

Hey everyone, here is a cool mechanic that makes being a sniper more rewarding,

to bad you won't get to use it because we're putting invis walls in all the good camping spots.

Because DE doesn't want camping

The problem with making camping spots for snipers is that it opens up camping spots for AFK'ers and leeches as well.

"Hey look, a prime spot to hide and...yeah, snipe.  I'm a sniper with my Quanta..."

Just now, Noamuth said:

The problem with making camping spots for snipers is that it opens up camping spots for AFK'ers and leeches as well.

"Hey look, a prime spot to hide and...yeah, snipe.  I'm a sniper with my Quanta..."

Those players are locked out of loot though, so it doesn't matter.

If you do nothing for 1 minute strate in defense missions, you are locked out of that rotation's loot.

2 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Oh, but it does matter with the actual reward I think.

DE should lock AFK players out of mission rewards too.

1 minute ago, General_Durandal said:

Those players are locked out of loot though, so it doesn't matter.

If you do nothing for 1 minute strate in defense missions, you are locked out of that rotation's loot.

And that's common knowledge.  Haven't you seen the leech and AFK'er threads lately?  

I personally had someone flat out admit they were leeching via voice chat and that they didnt care about the loot, credits or xp.  They were still getting the alert rewards at the end.

1 minute ago, Noamuth said:

And that's common knowledge.  Haven't you seen the leech and AFK'er threads lately?  

I personally had someone flat out admit they were leeching via voice chat and that they didnt care about the loot, credits or xp.  They were still getting the alert rewards at the end.

DE needs to lock afk players out of mission rewards.

2 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

So if someone sets it up to wait for players, then leaves, their warframe won't get picked when others do the same.

I don't think that would work very well.

I'm sorry but that didnt make any sense to me.

With an invite only lobby, you can't just wait for someone to load in and then bail on them.  You have to invite them in the first place, and if you bail from a mission, you take the team with you, IIRC.

The only reason I'd want one player lobby free of the afk timer is due to the family members I play with.  I know they get called away for work, pet, infant, general emergencies and I have no issue carrying them.  But I do have an issue when a total stranger drops in and expects to be carried and is an utter bandersnatch when I tell them off for it.

12 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I'm sorry but that didnt make any sense to me.

I didn't say anything about invite only though.

When you select a mission, there is a choice to wait for players.

If you click it you pretty much stay in the mission's lobby waiting for other players.

If someone did that, then afked, then they joined the mission without even being there,

then they should be auto banned at missions end for three days.

Edited by General_Durandal

15 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

With an invite only lobby, you can't just wait for someone to load in and then bail on them.  You have to invite them in the first place, and if you bail from a mission, you take the team with you, IIRC.

The only reason I'd want one player lobby free of the afk timer is due to the family members I play with.  I know they get called away for work, pet, infant, general emergencies and I have no issue carrying them.  But I do have an issue when a total stranger drops in and expects to be carried and is an utter bandersnatch when I tell them off for it.

Well, if it's invite only, then the lockes shouldn't be auto placed, because the people are likely friends or clanmates.

I whish the host had the ability to kick players from the team.

I think that would help, but also be abused by trolls.

Edited by General_Durandal

7 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

I didn't say anything about invite only though.

When you select a mission, there is a choice to wait for players.

If you click it you pretty much stay in the mission's lobby waiting for other players.

If someone did that, then afked, then they joined the mission without even being there,

then they should be auto banned at missions end for three days.

Ahh. Okay.  I was confused because I thought you were replying to my comment about invite only lobbies.