Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please lock AFK players out of mission rewards

General_Durandal

Including alert rewards, and sortie mission rewards.

The AFK players killed sniping by afk-ing in the good sniping spots,

but they still AFK, and snipers are left without sniping spots.

Someone just told me that someone admitted to leaching a mission they where in through chat.

Leaching can only be stopped by locking AFK players out of mission rewards.

3 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

All they have to do is move the mouse or just nudge themselves a bit and it resets the timer.

They have to either move their character or score damage with their physical weaponry. Powers don't work and simply looking around doesn't work. I tested it extensively as a solo Ember a while ago.

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

They have to either move their character or score damage with their physical weaponry. Powers don't work and simply looking around doesn't work. I tested it extensively as a solo Ember a while ago.

Either way, it's easy to get around if you just have to move aka nudge their character one direction or another.

2 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

Either way, it's easy to get around if you just have to move aka nudge their character one direction or another.

System is flawed but you can't really make a perfect system to counter this the best we got is support for reporting them. Also if you just need to shoot come back at least once and land one shot :/

15 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

-snip-

As I said above reporting is the only way to counter this https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us yes you need to go a bit far in order to do this but if they're punished then I'm fine with it 

Anyway, the main problem with leeching is that sometimes friends let other friends do it.

I know I, personally, have let a few friends leech off of me when I was doing a semi-stationary survival farm (IE: for Sovereign Outcast). Two of us would keep up the proper rotation of powers and zenistar discs and the other two would contribute once every few minutes or so due to doing other things, such as college homework.

I'm fine with getting a free ride in some cases, such as ones where your allies are aware of it and okay with it. I'm not okay with it when someone does it mid-mission, particularly when every other person who randomly disappears until the results screen conveniently has a dying relative they need to take care of and seems to take everyone's silence after they say it as confirmation that we believed them, rather than us being disgusted that they'd use that excuse.

Honestly, how often does a dying person stop being in whatever need they were just in just in the nick of time for you to get your mission rewards?

2 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

System is flawed but you can't really make a perfect system to counter this the best we got is support for reporting them. Also if you just need to shoot come back at least once and land one shot :/

As I said above reporting is the only way to counter this https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us yes you need to go a bit far in order to do this but if they're punished then I'm fine with it 

The punishment for leechers should be a three day ban at least.

Repeat offenders should get bigger punishments.

18 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Anyway, the main problem with leeching is that sometimes friends let other friends do it.

I know I, personally, have let a few friends leech off of me when I was doing a semi-stationary survival farm (IE: for Sovereign Outcast). Two of us would keep up the proper rotation of powers and zenistar discs and the other two would contribute once every few minutes or so due to doing other things, such as college homework.

I'm fine with getting a free ride in some cases, such as ones where your allies are aware of it and okay with it. I'm not okay with it when someone does it mid-mission, particularly when every other person who randomly disappears until the results screen conveniently has a dying relative they need to take care of and seems to take everyone's silence after they say it as confirmation that we believed them, rather than us being disgusted that they'd use that excuse.

Honestly, how often does a dying person stop being in whatever need they were just in just in the nick of time for you to get your mission rewards?

Well, they could have been talking about a cat.

I remember one time when my cat who was sick needed his meds and I wasn't watching the clock.

Every day at 6pm and 6am, I play warframe from 4pm to 8pm on a normal day.

After the other players hated on me for that I stopped playing warframe till after giving him his meds at 6pm.

He, died though, in December 2016. The black kitty, Mocha. http://fav.me/dauaawz

Edited by General_Durandal

3 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

"My deceasing grandfather," is not a cat. Neither is, "my mother," "my sibling," or any other direct, humanoid family member I've seen referred to.

It's possible to finish helping right at the end of a mission, but it's statistically incredibly unlikely that everyone with a dying family member is happening to come back right at the end of the mission to get their rewards. Dying people do not put the death process on hold for you to get virtual loot.

I'll tell ya what. I'll stop leeching xp in akkad, when ppl stop bringing stuff like mirage/simulor, valk/telos boltace, and any other massive room nukers i forgot/neglected to mention that decide "Imma kill everything now!" and proceed to annihilate everything before I have a chance to even get NEAR an enemy.

Seriously, I see that, I'm gonna sit there, do nothing, and enjoy the free xp.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)iBoiz said:

There are often afk leechers even if you don't bring massive killing weapons. They specifically bring something like Valkyr, Loki, Limbo find a spot to hide and move once in a while to prevent triggering afk.

That's leeching to be a #$&(%. I leech when -I- am frustrated with someone hogging all of the fun in the match for himself. While the rest of us get scraps only even when we do try.

34 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

I remember one time when my cat who was sick needed his meds and I wasn't watching the clock.

Every day at 6pm and 6am, I play warframe from 4pm to 8pm on a normal day.

After the other players hated on me for that I stopped playing warframe till after giving him his meds at 6pm.

He, died though, in December 2016. The black kitty, Mocha. http://fav.me/dauaawz

I lost my cat of 10 years 12/20/16. ;-;

34 minutes ago, Moysa said:

I'll tell ya what. I'll stop leeching xp in akkad, when ppl stop bringing stuff like mirage/simulor, valk/telos boltace, and any other massive room nukers i forgot/neglected to mention that decide "Imma kill everything now!" and proceed to annihilate everything before I have a chance to even get NEAR an enemy.

Seriously, I see that, I'm gonna sit there, do nothing, and enjoy the free xp.

31 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

When there's someone bringing things like Mirage/Simulor and barely leaving me a chance to reliably kill things and contribute even when I try.. then I'm going to leech. Pretty much what @Moysa said above me.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)iBoiz said:

There are often afk leechers even if you don't bring massive killing weapons. They specifically bring something like Valkyr, Loki, Limbo find a spot to hide and move once in a while to prevent triggering afk.

22 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

That's leeching to be a #$&(%. I leech when -I- am frustrated with someone hogging all of the fun in the match for himself. While the rest of us get scraps only even when we do try.

Get Gud!

Then And You'll Be The Ones Killing The Rooms First.

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Just now, General_Durandal said:

Get Gud!

Then And You'll Be The Ones Killing The Rooms First.

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Are you S#&$ting me? There's nothing to ''git gud'' about, when one literally only makes the choice of not bringing a Mirage/Simulor combo. Or a WOF blasting Ember.

Just now, Artorius-Alter said:

Are you S#&$ting me? There's nothing to ''git gud'' about, when one literally only makes the choice of not bringing a Mirage/Simulor combo. Or a WOF blasting Ember.

If everyone is using them then you should use something like Roaring Rhino to boost their power,

or Warcry Valk, or Cloaking Ivara so they also get stealth bonuses, or any warframe that offers buffs to the team.

What makes you so special you get to afk? You aren't the only one that gets groups of room killers that prevent you from killing anything.

Just now, General_Durandal said:

If everyone is using them then you should use something like Roaring Rhino to boost their power,

or Warcry Valk, or Cloaking Ivara so they also get stealth bonuses, or any warframe that offers buffs to the team.

What makes you so special you get to afk? You aren't the only one that gets groups of room killers that prevent you from killing anything.

Why should I help someone that is pissing me off by hogging all of the fun for themselves..? And how am I supposed to bring frames to buff such people when I don't even know before hand that I'm going to be stuck with them?

2 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Because that's what a good teammate would do?

And Mirage/Simulor is a good teammate... how..? Just about everyone nowadays gets at least irritated by even seeing a Mirage/Simulor come in. Get it through your skull, the sheer cheapness of that combo is pissing people off enough to just not bother. Much like how a WOF Ember would in a mission like Akkad.

1 minute ago, Artorius-Alter said:

And Mirage/Simulor is a good teammate... how..? Just about everyone nowadays gets at least irritated by even seeing a Mirage/Simulor come in. Get it through your skull, the sheer cheapness of that combo is pissing people off enough to just not bother. Much like how a WOF Ember would in a mission like Akkad.

She's going what she does best, so yes, she's a good teammate.

It doesn't anger me, because that's how they decided to play her.

Getting 0 kills doesn't anger me, getting 0% damage deal doesn't anger me, getting 0 in everything, doesn't anger me.

Just fallow your team, do what you can, and get to extraction.

It is all you need to do.

If you need fun, play solo, that's what I do when I want to kill enemies without anyone getting in the way.

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

You know what else a good teammate does?

Doesn't hog all of the gameplay to themselves. I'm sorry. Pressing 3 as a Rhino once every minute is not fun.

You're just mad that you aren't getting most kills.

You see the numbers at the end as scores that matter, when they really don't.

If you can't get kills then you aren't even trying,

or are only playing exterminat missions.

If you NEED you killing fix, play solo.