Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Idea: "Recon"/"Scouting" mission

KingTaltia

On occasion I've seen Warframe likened to Destiny, while not an apt relation in anything but Theme, it did spawn an idea, one thing that I'd love to see in Warframe from Destiny is: "Patrol Missions"

In Destiny, Patrol is a open area exploration mission literally for resources, however it also has a neat aspect that adds interest: Random events.
While in Destiny the map is predetermined, it wouldn't be difficult (especially with the new Waypoints changes) to create a wide sprawling area to explore.
The idea is that typical mission goals would periodically and randomly trigger as you run around gathering resources, mods, creddits and the like.
Occasionally, a boss may show up in their fight room for you to attack, or a tiny survival may trigger requiring you to survive with Life Support for five or ten minutes, effectively these would just be modifiers that would change up the way you're farming.
Perhaps should enemies get too far away they head for spawn closest to evacuate.
There would need a tad of tweaking, but it would be SO fun.

I've often thought it would be nice to be able to do a mats-farming, patrol-style activity without having a specific objective besides "run around, shoot stuff, grab materials." As mentioned, it's a map issue -- Destiny has open "patrol maps" for this, and Warframes instancing is very different, it seems. Destiny's patrol setup is also open to, I think, like 16 players at a time, with the ability to enter and leave at will. 

It would be a big change to the setup. A welcome change, but a big one.