Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Funny Warframe 'Nicknames' and jargon?

mosaickle

So I'm starting to get familiar with the Warframe community now that I'm deep into the gameplay (well, I'm still at 'early game' but I'm well into it). I was just wondering, after seeing a great joke post quote edit, I thought that I should get familiar with shortened, funny or joke 'nicknames' Warframes or other things have. Here are the ones I've picked up so far:

(Tr)Ash

Lowkey

Excal

Grakata as 'Taka taka'

There's gotta be more :P

I have never heard of any of these besides excal and people making the (tr)ash joke

but like I'm assuming you're talking about stuff like

salad v

potato (orokin reactor)

tomato (exilus adaptor)

broberon

spamulor mirage

pilferdroid

"v polarity" "d polarity" and "dash polarity" (instead of their actual names)

cabbage (void relic)

radshare (raddish share radiant relic share)

Edited by Obviousclone

Cancer Mirage (Mirage with Simulor)
Once you see it, the game is over. No need to do anything or rather-
Ain't nothing you can do...

Additional:
Hentai frame - Hydroid
Rhinoob 
Tit*s - Titania
Tool used to catch a mouse or incapitate a bear's foot. Mouse _____., Bear _____. - Nezha.

Edited by Oranji

14 minutes ago, Repligon said:

I feel like this is a thing of the past since most of old players left warframe.

But we used to refer to guy in the cryopod as BDSM Joe. And resque target is Nick Naked.

The guy in the pod was naked Nick and the rescue dipstick was Bondage Bob.

And no we've not all left most of us are still around just quietly stewing in lakes of salty tears.

Loki: #masterrace

Lotus: SpaceMom.

Twin Grakatas: Moar Dakka.

Vauban: Booben.

Ash: Ash-hole (at least pre-tweak; I don't hear that term thrown around as much anymore)

Tigris/Galatine Prime: Powercreep Prime. (Looks like the Euphona will be following suit :/ ).

Banshee: Wubframe. Alternatively, Reviveframe.

Volt: Sanic.

Alad V: Salad.

Baro Ki'Teer: The Baron of Salt.

And of course... Clem: Clem.

Ok so, how did:

-Booben become a thing? I see some reference to his name but that's all, where did 'boob' come from?

-#masterrace become a thing? Was there a time in Warframe history where Loki players were arrogant and egotistical?

-

3 hours ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

*Ahem*

Hide contents

Image result for warframe valkyr gersemi

Oh, and also because of Bastet.

Still don't get the Valkitty one...other than her.....cat claw feet?? And where did her tail come from??

46 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Still don't get the Valkitty one...other than her.....cat claw feet?? And where did her tail come from??

There was a time that if you used Hysteria with the Lecta, it would extend and curve like a cat's tail.

Also: Bastet helmet, Bastet was also the goddess of cats.

And:

Edited by Kaotyke

My first thought was "Booben." I'm new to the game so I missed the original Booben thread, but once I read about it I have been unable to call him anything but that. I mean, when I break him out for play, I often sing, "Booben, on a Sunday afternoon.." I also like Excalibro, though I don't see it used much. 

I've named my loadout slots for Limbo and Ivara Spimbo and Spyvara because basically, they're just spy frames for me.

Also, I use SpaceMom all the time. Usually in the context of "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO SPACEMOM."

Pilfroid: Hydroid with Pilfering Swarm. Don't know how common it is, but I've seen it at least once or twice.

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

Hentoid = Hydroid

Booben = Vauban

Trollki = Loki

Trollban = Bounce Booben

All Seeing Eye = Simaris (srsly dude wont stop staring the entire time you're in there.  Just follows you around like a suspicious 7/11 clerk)

Jat Kitty = Jat Kittag (rocket powered hammer that can spin you around like a top but also has a skin with a cats face)