Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting low FPS with a Geforce 10x0 card? Check your memory speed settings.

Mogrol

Question

Running Warframe at 1440p with a Intel 4670K at 4.4ghz and Geforce 1070 gave me 40-50fps in sessions with many enemies where I was the host and CPU usage was at ~70% and GPU usage at ~30%

After checking the BIOS settings I discovered that my RAM speed was set to 1333 (default I believe) although it's capable of running at 1866. After adjusting it to be this my CPU usage in sessions as the one above are now ~30% and the game is almost never going below 60 fps.

I hope this helps anybody else with similar issues. At least it wont hurt changing it as long as you don't go above whatever speed your RAM is capable of.

4 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, kyori said:

Nice! I am not so a technical person. Could you show step by step of 

1) How to know what speed my RAM is capable of?

2) How do I go about changing the RAM speed in BIOS?

Thanks!

Sorry but I can't help you there since it's different for every motherboard and bios.

so you just made your ram run at max load speed all the time to compensate for a nvidia driver bug instead of going to the nvidia control panel . 3rd panel of 3d settings and disabling the surround option? cause that one tends to cause games to sometimes run in minimized mode when they are the active application  and full speed when tabbed out :( .. hate that bug took so long to get it bypassed without restarting every time it happened XD