Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Un-nerf Blessing's Range :L

(PSN)UltraKardas

We have one straight up healing frame, and that frames number one healing ability was nerfed severely. Only mmo ive played with such a limit on healers.

Were supposed to be space ninjas with parkour speed and abilities/powers that can carry us across the map in mere moments, but are expected to stay in a 50m radius of each other? Makes no sense.

Bring a Loki and teleport the NPC to a save place were he can´t move around that much. That´s how my team is dealing with this kind of defense missions.

The Loki player is basically the babysitter of the NPC, if the NPC walks of or drops down somewhere -> teleport his &#! back to where you want him to be

Honestly the range nerf on trinity was long overdue in my opinion. She had a global heal that gave damage reduction along with restoring health and shields. I do not know of any other frame that has ever had a global range ability. The health and shields being restored isn't a problem at global range. They could easily make oberon do the same thing with his heal. Yet having the ability to go up to 99% damage reduction at a global range was just ridiculous. So the range nerf was completely justified and needed.

16 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Only mmo ive played with such a limit on healers.

It was probably also the only MMO you've played where the healer had infinite range and was able to make everyone basically immortal by pressing one button.

But you probably don't want that pointed out because it makes your comparison completely moot.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, Xaentrick said:

Yet having the ability to go up to 99% damage reduction at a global range was just ridiculous. So the range nerf was completely justified and needed.

Blessing no longer scales to 99%. It's no longer needed--and arguable if it ever really was once you left the invulnerability behind. With Blessing at best 75% DR and most Trin's spamming EV anyway with no duration, this nerf no longer serves any real purpose.

Your choices now are to stick near Trinity and she can work her magic on you, or faceplant then complain to the Trin player who wasn't in range to begin with (because reasons!). Frankly, I'm tired of the latter and it's one reason I'm a curmudgeonly Trinity.

I think the range nerf could be reverted as things are at present and it would be a more positive development of the game and would encourage the proper playing of Link/Blessing build Trinitys. That would be a good thing.

Trinity is fine as is, and 50m is quite a generous range for an instant full-heal to allies in range.

On 2/24/2017 at 10:14 PM, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

the AI Target ran off down a hole somewhere where nobody knew where he was and got himself killed.

If you have a mobile objective, mark it. There's no excuse as to why nobody knew the Operator's location.

3 hours ago, MagnusFury said:

Trinity is fine as is, and 50m is quite a generous range for an instant full-heal to allies in range.

If you have a mobile objective, mark it. There's no excuse as to why nobody knew the Operator's location.

#1 Operator comes pre marked when you go into the mission. 

#2 He either was blasted away by an arson eximus or broke into full sprint and jumped down a hole. His other antics included but were not limited to:

1. Going straight into a grineer gas chamber.
  2. Setting self on fire standing in the fire trap. 
  3. dropping down wholes in the map and obscuring the marker so it displays the closest entrance to the lower floor
  4. Standing in the electric trap
  5. Offering angry Grineer marines a corpus friendship bracelets

50 meters is bare minimum. Considering that several tile sets are much larger then that. If you raid Lor or JV as a trinity. You pause for one moment with a loki and he will be out of your range and dead before you can cast heal. 

Generous range would be something around the range of infinity. healing everyone on the map so it isn't a hassle. Like again Raiding in Jordas Verdict and being able to heal archwings cause nobody farmed all 15-20 nitain to get the one healing archwing. 

I would settle with 250 range (Making sure everyone in the engine raiding of party in jordas verdict gets a heal that way) or marking targets with well of life to be able to pick certain targets to heal regardless of range. 

On 3/3/2017 at 5:39 PM, Chipputer said:

It was probably also the only MMO you've played where the healer had infinite range and was able to make everyone basically immortal by pressing one button.

But you probably don't want that pointed out because it makes your comparison completely moot.

Played quite a few MMO's Tell me one MMO where the players were as fast as warframes with maps as large as warframes. The few games that actually have dedicated healers are games where people move at a much slower pace. Healers only have limited range for balance purposes. 

Examples. Team Fortress 2 Uber Charge. Makes target fully healed and immortal along with the healer. Lasts limited time. Other effects include increased damage or overheal. Most classes in that game are significantly slower with the fastest classes either trading damage or health for speed. 

Not a fair comparison cause #1 Pvp vs PvE based game. 

#2 map sizes are way different. 

But feel free to provide an example. Show me a game that's as fast paced as warframe that have support healers with a gimped range. 

50 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

#1 Operator comes pre marked when you go into the mission.

Considering you stated that nobody knew where he was, that's not enough.

I've had my own trouble spotting the Operator without the Player Mark, which is why I do it. The Player's Mark is so much easier to track. I'd recommend using it next time (and the next time, and the next time, and...)

51 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

He either was blasted away by an arson eximus or broke into full sprint and jumped down a hole. His other antics included but were not limited to:

1. Going straight into a grineer gas chamber.
  2. Setting self on fire standing in the fire trap. 
  3. dropping down wholes in the map and obscuring the marker so it displays the closest entrance to the lower floor
  4. Standing in the electric trap
  5. Offering angry Grineer marines a corpus friendship bracelets

Which is why you follow them. You don't have to be right on his &#!, but stay within a 50m vicinity to cast your healing now and again.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

You pause for one moment with a loki and he will be out of your range and dead before you can cast heal.

Something is very wrong with the Loki player if the Operator manages to run into danger again.

Easiest thing you'll ever do in Kuva Defense with a Loki:

1. Find Operator.

2. Switch Teleport him to your spawn point, ST'ing whenever he moves away from that safe area.

3. ???

4. Victory.

59 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Generous range would be something around the range of infinity. healing everyone on the map so it isn't a hassle.

That's what I would call, "broken" range. The only way I could see Infinite Range on Blessing (again) is if the healing power/damage reduction were nerfed into oblivion.

Reaching 50m range of teammates to heal them should not be a hassle, because you should be sticking together in the first place.

As for objectives, the same can apply. However, do realize you don't have to be right on the objective's face. You can be within 50m of it, through walls and roofs, and still heal them.

4 minutes ago, MagnusFury said:

Considering you stated that nobody knew where he was, that's not enough.

I've had my own trouble spotting the Operator without the Player Mark, which is why I do it. The Player's Mark is so much easier to track. I'd recommend using it next time (and the next time, and the next time, and...)

Which is why you follow them. You don't have to be right on his &#!, but stay within a 50m vicinity to cast your healing now and again.

Something is very wrong with the Loki player if the Operator manages to run into danger again.

Easiest thing you'll ever do in Kuva Defense with a Loki:

1. Find Operator.

2. Switch Teleport him to your spawn point, ST'ing whenever he moves away from that safe area.

3. ???

4. Victory.

That's what I would call, "broken" range. The only way I could see Infinite Range on Blessing (again) is if the healing power/damage reduction were nerfed into oblivion.

Reaching 50m range of teammates to heal them should not be a hassle, because you should be sticking together in the first place.

As for objectives, the same can apply. However, do realize you don't have to be right on the objective's face. You can be within 50m of it, through walls and roofs, and still heal them.

It's funny that blessing has already been severely neutered so hard that people haven't even noticed. (Cause nobody uses it anymore)

Nobody uses Blessing anymore. Just energy drain. 

Blessing went from straight up immortality and full health to around 90% healing and damage reduction based on the amount of health you were missing (Which I thought was perfect >.> You want 99% damage reduction? You need to be at 1% health) Regardless of power strength. This allowed different builds of Trinity since power strength on blessing was a non factor. Now it's a hard 50 meters with a flat cap reduction of 50% damage reduction and 80% health restoration. At max you get 75% damage reduction for no longer then 30 seconds. 

You read this and are saying "Big Deal" Sarcastically. Let me show some things. 

A Mirage can hit 95% damage reduction quite easily with very minimal mods hiding in the shadows. A Mesa's shatter shield starts off at 80% damage reduction and can also quite easily hit 95% damage reduction. Then Ice chroma can get himself right around 91% damage reduction with a steel fiber and just an intensify. None of these abilities are their strongest ability. They can last a ridiculous amount of time each and have extreme damage reduction. Trinities blessing is not effected by range mods which means that on one hand you can build for duration and still have the same range. On the other you can not extend it in anyway besides switching schools. There's a reason nobody uses it anymore. Most Energy Drain Trinity's have a range of 200+ meters upto a max of 250 meters. Over 5 times Blessing's range... It grants Infinite amounts of energy that allow infinite amounts of spamming energy vampire that in turn just give teammates massive amounts of overshield (Oh yea with 5 times the range of blessing)

Before being nerfed into oblivion Blessing could last a total of 32 seconds of damage reduction. This was being min maxed with the arcane helmet.

Mirage, Chroma, Mesa, Equinox can not only get more damage reduction then Trinity can, But it can last more then twice as long while costing less energy. This isn't even considering frames like Limbo's 100% damage reduction banish with free energy, Valkyr's hysteria or Nyx's straight up God Mode (Assimilate). 

Support frame capped at 75% damage reduction for 30 seconds Max Vs Dps Tank or Utility frames Capped at 95-100% Damage reduction for extended periods of time upto 70 seconds on some frames Possibly even longer if playing Nyx.

Currently you are better off Running as Any of those frames except for Trinity and just equipping a Life Strike on your melee weapon. You would get more damage reduction and healing that way for less energy. Kinda defeats the whole point of bringing a Trinity for anything other than Energy Vamp. 

Also You are aware that in my first post I stated I was helping out friends who camped out in one corner of the map away safely from traps and the defense target openly ran into places that would kill them. If we had a loki it would have been different, But They would have died as they were new players doing their first or second sorties ever. 

Would be nice if people stuck together. Or Just give Trinity more then the bare minimum range. While Trinity isn't slow... She's not exactly fast either. Volt, Zephyr, Nezha, Rhino, Ash, and loki can very quickly run out of your range. You pause for a single moment to cast an ability and their gone. 

And with everything I just said, Im not asking that you improve blessing's meager damage reduction. I'm not asking for anything except make it that the 1% of trinities that want to use blessing be able to cast it freely and for it to hit teammates. 

On 3/3/2017 at 0:49 AM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

We have one straight up healing frame, and that frames number one healing ability was nerfed severely. Only mmo ive played with such a limit on healers.

Were supposed to be space ninjas with parkour speed and abilities/powers that can carry us across the map in mere moments, but are expected to stay in a 50m radius of each other? Makes no sense.

50m radius of the Trinity, but you could be 100m away from another player who is still being healed by Trinity. The Corpus Tilesets where there is the long Ice hall way or the Giant Corpus Hangar. Trinity can stand in the middle of the Corpus Hangar where Kuva Siphon normally is and 2 players can be near opposing ends of that hangar to still receive heals.

The affinity Range cap makes logical sense. The affinity Range Cap should also be applied to Aura buffs. So if you are too far from teammates you lose the Aura benefit they provide.

Too far and you lose Corrosive Projection stacks, Energy Siphon, etc...

They started making logical Aura changes when they changed Infested Impedance to be a short Range Aura, rather than an applied to entire map enemy slow.

I assume you never played DCUO (MMO). If you were too far from the healer(S) you don't not get healed, too far from group and you don't get credit for the fight - No loot or anything. Was an issue with players splitting up in Nexus/Paradox or getting separated during open world respawn in Black dawn. (Basically wanting the group to be in the same room/arena-sized area to receive healing or credit/progression for fight)

3 hours ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

It's funny that blessing has already been severely neutered so hard that people haven't even noticed. (Cause nobody uses it anymore)

Nobody uses Blessing anymore. Just energy drain. 

Blessing went from straight up immortality and full health to around 90% healing and damage reduction based on the amount of health you were missing (Which I thought was perfect >.> You want 99% damage reduction? You need to be at 1% health) Regardless of power strength. This allowed different builds of Trinity since power strength on blessing was a non factor. Now it's a hard 50 meters with a flat cap reduction of 50% damage reduction and 80% health restoration. At max you get 75% damage reduction for no longer then 30 seconds. 

You read this and are saying "Big Deal" Sarcastically. Let me show some things. 

A Mirage can hit 95% damage reduction quite easily with very minimal mods hiding in the shadows. A Mesa's shatter shield starts off at 80% damage reduction and can also quite easily hit 95% damage reduction. Then Ice chroma can get himself right around 91% damage reduction with a steel fiber and just an intensify. None of these abilities are their strongest ability. They can last a ridiculous amount of time each and have extreme damage reduction. Trinities blessing is not effected by range mods which means that on one hand you can build for duration and still have the same range. On the other you can not extend it in anyway besides switching schools. There's a reason nobody uses it anymore. Most Energy Drain Trinity's have a range of 200+ meters upto a max of 250 meters. Over 5 times Blessing's range... It grants Infinite amounts of energy that allow infinite amounts of spamming energy vampire that in turn just give teammates massive amounts of overshield (Oh yea with 5 times the range of blessing)

Mirage, Chroma, Mesa, Equinox can not only get more damage reduction then Trinity can, But it can last more then twice as long while costing less energy. This isn't even considering frames like Limbo's 100% damage reduction banish with free energy, Valkyr's hysteria or Nyx's straight up God Mode (Assimilate). 

Support frame capped at 75% damage reduction for 30 seconds Max Vs Dps Tank or Utility frames Capped at 95-100% Damage reduction for extended periods of time upto 70 seconds on some frames Possibly even longer if playing Nyx.

Trinity can only  Cap at 75% damage resistance on Allies.

On Herself, she gets the same 75% damage resistance from Blessing and then that remaining 25% incoming damage is further reduced by 75% with Link.

So 10,000 damage hit is reduced to 2,500 with Blessing which can still kill Trinity. However Link will lower that 2,500 to 625 damage.

So 10,000 damage hit is reduced to 625 damage with Link and Blessing up. Cannot be Slash procs because Link transfers all Status effects.

95% Damage reduction of 10,000 is 500 damage passing through. On Mesa, Valkyr, Chroma, Inaros, Equinox, Mirage: they still receive those status effects. Slash being more of an issue on the Armor frames like Chroma, Inaros, and Valkyr as it bypasses their damage mitigation. 

NYX, Nidus, and WuKong can be AFK Tanks for more than 30seconds. No doubt about that.

If we are talking discussing Trinity being adjusted: I say allow both Link and Blessing damage caps to be 85%.

(10,000 damage hit in above example, would allow 225 damage after being mitigated by Link and Blessing)

In aspect of Power synergy and making a duration Trinity still a viable power giver:

If Well of Life and Energy Vampire are on the same target (regardless of which was cast on target 1st) the enemy instantly dies and gives a Ranged heal. (%of healing can be diminished over range)

These would allow a well Rounded Trinity to use all 4 abilities and be a Tanky Support. Difference from current EV would be that an all around Trinity would need to cast 2 abilities to perform a Quick EV.

Current Well of Life and Energy Vampire synergy requires a player to cast Well.of Life 1st and then cast Energy Vampire towards the end of that Well of Life duration to maximize burst energy return. 

Or they could make a change where Energy Vampire scales power return off o damage dealt. So it wouldn't provide much power in lower content but when paired with Well of Life or against larger health pool enemies it would provide more energy.

5 hours ago, MagnusFury said:

Damage reduction and amount healed have been been heavily nerfed. Both require using strength mods which benefit nothing else on Trinity (though you could argue she does nothing else, even though that's not entirely true from her own standpoint). 75% DR won't save you from yourself, assuming you have that much to begin with (most won't). It's better than nothing and does help, but with the barely adequate range...

50m isn't diddly squat. It's barely adequate.Teammates are constantly moving in and out of range on any map tile that's much past corridor sized. I see it every time I play her on grineer galleon and corpus outpost maps.

Teams won't stick together. A dedicated one might, but most simply won't. This does affect you, especially in events like our present one where the team HAS to separate to accomplish the objective of the mission. Yeah, I have to stick with the grineer to keep them from getting ripped, but I can't do much for anyone else--and they'll still cry about it, which gets old really quickly.

The reasons for the nerfs no longer apply and it should be reverted or at least heavily mitigated with a range increase. The only reason DE tied it to affinity is it was already in the system. It'd be best just to revert it to map-wide again.

TL;DR: I still disagree, though to a much less extent.

However, if Trinity's role can be better filled in by frames who aren't even majoring in healing/supporting allies, there's a problem.

I'd be happy with seeing Trinity's Blessing returning to DR based on Health loss, and giving it a full heal/shield restoration.As for range, I wouldn't agree to anything over 100m. That's pretty damn large for an instant hp/shield restoration.

If the range is turned to map-wide, I believe it should not affect allied NPC's/Objectives until they are within 50m-100m of Trinity.

6 hours ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

flat cap reduction of 50% damage reduction and 80% health restoration

I will admit that I didn't know this nerf had occured.

At max you get 75% damage reduction for no longer then 30 seconds.

You read this and are saying "Big Deal" Sarcastically.

To an extent, yes. I still have this feeling.

A Mirage can hit 95% damage reduction quite easily with very minimal mods hiding in the shadows. A Mesa's shatter shield starts off at 80% damage reduction and can also quite easily hit 95% damage reduction. Then Ice chroma can get himself right around 91% damage reduction with a steel fiber and just an intensify. None of these abilities are their strongest ability. They can last a ridiculous amount of time each and have extreme damage reduction.

Fair points.

Most Energy Drain Trinity's have a range of 200+ meters upto a max of 250 meters

That's her casting range.

Pulse Radius hits about 62.5 meters (maximized).

I will give the point that having a casting range of 250m on an ability radius of 62.5m does not make a flick of sense to me.

Max Vs Dps Tank or Utility frames Capped at 95-100% Damage reduction for extended periods of time upto 70 seconds on some frames

I will also concede this point.

Utility frames shouldn't be breaking such DR numbers.

However, I don't mind tank frames doing this. They are tanks, after all. The main question there is if said Tank-frames can also give that damage reduction to allies, how long it lasts, and what the range is on it.

If it's greater than Trinity's Blessing in all shapes and forms (for this particular case, Range will be the greatest factor), then I will agree that she needs a buff to it.

I still believe what she has now is more than enough, but it's not right she can't do her job better than frames who may have healing/support as a secondary build over primary.

Also You are aware that in my first post I stated I was helping out friends who camped out in one corner of the map away safely from traps and the defense target openly ran into places that would kill them. If we had a loki it would have been different, But They would have died as they were new players doing their first or second sorties ever.

Yes, I am aware of this.

If your friends are so new that the Kuva Fortress is giving them problems, it is perhaps give them more time to develop in the game.

As I don't know your friends, I can't say what help they need, but it sounds like getting some gear they're confident in is one of them.

You pause for a single moment to cast an ability and their gone

Communication is key.

Be it the Trinity or the other(s), let each other know what you're about to do. At the very least, notify the rest if you're exiting LoS from the pack, or going into different rooms, etc.

It helps survivability.

1 hour ago, MagnusFury said:

TL;DR: I still disagree, though to a much less extent.

Hide contents

I will admit that I didn't know this nerf had occured.

It's messed up that nobody seems to know how bad blessing was gimped.... The range is the nail in the coffin for it but it's just kinda odd to me that nobody noticed...

Out of curiosity Do you not play trinity often? Just wondering how so many people miss it. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

I assume you never played DCUO (MMO). If you were too far from the healer(S) you don't not get healed, too far from group and you don't get credit for the fight - No loot or anything. Was an issue with players splitting up in Nexus/Paradox or getting separated during open world respawn in Black dawn. (Basically wanting the group to be in the same room/arena-sized area to receive healing or credit/progression for fight)

Except in DCUO most areas are enclosed areas that are tiny anyway. A Nature healer can heal the entire paradox wave main room from anywhere on the map. All the raids like the (Whatever the darkseid raids were called) Had really small rooms, or the raid where you fight sinestro and whatever his face was also tiny(Whatever the green lantern raid was). Even at the end nexus it was an enclosed area where both teams can come together and there's literally nowhere in the arena where you can go to get away from healing. Also it's nowhere near as fast as warframe. Sure you can fly around, but gameplay overall is much slower.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Out of curiosity Do you not play trinity often? Just wondering how so many people miss it. 

I play her once every blue moon.

Unless a party specifically requests Trinity, and nobody else will use her, then I don't play as her.

To add, I've only ever seen parties request EV Trinity, since just about everyone short of Banshee has a god-mode, damage reduction, or invisibility to keep out of harm's way (which needs energy to use).

That being said, it may be a lot more than Trinity's Blessing that needs some tweaking.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Except in DCUO most areas are enclosed areas that are tiny anyway. A Nature healer can heal the entire paradox wave main room from anywhere on the map. All the raids like the (Whatever the darkseid raids were called) Had really small rooms, or the raid where you fight sinestro and whatever his face was also tiny(Whatever the green lantern raid was). Even at the end nexus it was an enclosed area where both teams can come together and there's literally nowhere in the arena where you can go to get away from healing. Also it's nowhere near as fast as warframe. Sure you can fly around, but gameplay overall is much slower.

Paradox - slower Tunnel Method a Nature Healer could not heal from outside the tunnel nor the entirety of length of the tunnel. Just like when the groups split in Nexus but we're not physically that far apart the healers cannot heal the other team except some Supercharge attacks could heal/grant power to both teams.

I see the same in Warframe: before Trinity in Jordas Verdict could fully heal Archwing that were 1000m or further away.

I assumed it would have to be changed before Healer AW was debuted and it was changed.

The healing range being tied to affinity Range makes some sense, although I think as some of the Tilesets are setup especially with capture missions, the affinity Range might need a boost to at least match the largest room(Hallway/Hangar).

People still play Trinity often, but mainly resort to Energy Vampire with Overshields spam build. Occasionally casting Blessing and never using Link. Well of Life I see get used occasionally, bit only for follow-up EV. (Hence my proposal to allow that synergy even if EV was cast before Well of Life, on the same target)

I stopped playing Trinity often after they added charge attacks back in because it made self-damage Glaives very clunky to use.

I really that DE was going to troll the community with a Trinity Passive that made immune to self-harm. Putting an end to Link and Blessing explosive builds.

They could always make Blessing Drain energy for the healing over distance like Oberon. Then she would have infinite range on healing.

3 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

It shouldn't be a cap, it should be a base and range be moddable.

Which would be good, if for no other reason than it forces the player to make choices. Want huge range? You'll be giving up DR and heal percentage to get it if you go to extremes.

However, the downside is now when a Trinity joins your team, no one really knows what to expect from her. Is she DR monster that can only help if you're in her back pocket? Or does she have massive range, but only heals for a fraction of total hit points with very little extra mitigation?

This seems like maybe it's a can of worms we might not want to open.

I don't really have a problem with the present DR numbers. My issue is with the relatively short fixed range. DE probably figured that teammates would hang around within 50m because they'd want that shared affinity and Trinity would just fit into this paradigm (and the UI indicator was already there). The problem is teams don't typically act this way. Serially faceplanting teammates that get froggy are easy enough to ignore, but the sticking point is this is unnecessary. The problems the range nerf was meant to address just don't really apply anymore. The DR changes alone were enough to offset invulnerability and near-invulnerability trivializing gameplay.

Personally, I'd just say kick both Trinity's range and shared affinity up to 100m and see how it works out. That should cover all but the most extreme tiles and make things a bit easier on everyone involved.

On 2017-03-05 at 5:22 PM, (PS4)MrNishi said:

If Well of Life and Energy Vampire are on the same target (regardless of which was cast on target 1st) the enemy instantly dies and gives a Ranged heal. (%of healing can be diminished over range)

I was under the impression this was Patched in 18.5, but i will agree that i have never tested this since then so i may be wrong in that assumption.

On 2017-03-06 at 1:04 AM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

It shouldn't be a cap, it should be a base and range be moddable.

I disagree, i find it move valuable not being effected by range mods and easier since it open up a lot more room for modding, it being effected by the focus is simply ice on the cake since i want to provide survivability for my teammates and the instant revive charges the focus grants are a awesome addition on higher levels both for me to revive my allies, but also for them to instantly revive me on the occasions i screw up.

The numbers are also fine, although Trinity did go from a really super tank / invincible into a frame with high with survivability she herself is perfectly fine at 93,75% (Not calculating her 15 armor). And offering up to 75% DR for the teammates who actually want to co-operate is also fine in "end game(100 - 120)"

That being said i do not think she is perfect, and she could receive a remake on Well of life, i understand it work as a "early" healing ability, but to be honest it is worthless in it's current form once you reach higher level and arguably it is close to worthless due to the long setup time even before then. 

This also assume the patch 18.5 for it and EV is still in effect. It would be nice if there were any reason to use WoL. Currently i can almost see no reason to have it / use it ever even with the augment, before i used to cast it on VIP targets such as simaris targets, but it feels like that is either bugged or "fixed" since they no longer get stunned and simply levitate away, although i guess it does still increase there health.

The best use i have found of WoL  is to use as a healing battery for myself, sadly this only work in a constructive way if you need to be more stationary and you have the luck of Link connecting to the WoL target, if it were not for that scenario the ability could be removed and it would make no difference in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

The best use i have found of WoL  is to use as a healing battery for myself, sadly this only work in a constructive way if you need to be more stationary and you have the luck of Link connecting to the WoL target, if it were not for that scenario the ability could be removed and it would make no difference in my opinion.

Using WoL as an anchor for Link in an otherwise chaotic situation with lots of enemy status effects flying around is about its only real use once your Trinity turns in her training wheels. It has the additional benefit of the WoL target being kinda hard to kill so it doesn't succumb to the first AoE attack right when some Napalm goes for a knockdown when he's in your face.

Other than that, it has no real use at present.

On 3/5/2017 at 8:56 PM, Sloan441 said:

The problems the range nerf was meant to address just don't really apply anymore. The DR changes alone were enough to offset invulnerability and near-invulnerability trivializing gameplay.

Actually there is one more reason for the range nerf that you're completely ignoring:
DE wanted to stop trinities from sitting in a corner at spawn and spamming 4 over and over again because they never needed to move or do literally anything else.

Here is how the vast majority of Trinities have played as her Blessing has evolved:
-Initially it was infinite range full heal + invulnerability.  Trinity would sit in a corner at spawn or some other area enemies couldn't reach and spam 4 until the mission was over
-When they added in the "DR Up to the amount it healed" she turned into: Equip Quick Thinking and sit in spawn or other completely safe area, blow yourself up with a weak glaive until you're at 2hp then use 4 and repeat over and over again without doing anything else or even really playing the mission
You want to know how trinity would go back to playing if range was unnerfed like the OP wants?
-Sit in spawn and spam 4 whenever anyone suffers any damage at all and never do anything else, just like trinities initially did.

Now Trinity actually has to move and keep up with the squad instead of sitting in a corner somewhere spamming 4 over and over and not doing anything else or really even playing the mission.

That is one of the huge reasons DE decided on adding a range to her blessing.  They decided to tie it to affinity range because it just makes sense for the party to stay within that affinity range.

DE decided that they wanted to prevent trinities from sitting in one area and spamming 4 non stop so they applied a mechanic found in every other ability in the game: range so she can't just sit at spawn and cast 4 forever to keep the party fully healed and with a constant DR.

So I would say: The problem that the range nerf was meant to address would immediately returned if they went back to the old way of doing it, and even having a 100 meter radius would go too much back to the "Sit 4 tiles away from the rest of the party in some corner and spam 4 because that's the most effective way to play!  After all no risk to the healer and infinite heals to the rest of the party!
By having a limited range of 50 meters the Trinity is actually forced to be around combat and have some risk and actually engage in the mission instead of sitting in some isolated area hitting 4 all the time and who might as well just be replaced with a macro, which no one would notice anyways.

Edited by Tsukinoki

If they'd buff affinity ranges to a decent level, say where you could play an interception mission and actually get affinity from your teammates without doing some lame Bere style gaming of the system, then any issues you have with Trinity's range would instantly be solved as a happy side effect.

I don't understand why anyone would like this nerf just so they can blame others for whether they get healed or not. Sure, getting yelled at every once in a while sucks but why the F*** do you think I choose the healing warframe then?

It also hard to know where your teammates are a lot of the time when the map only show the general direction of them when they could easily be 500 meters away from you and by the time you get to them, they are already dead.