Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Un-nerf Blessing's Range :L

(PSN)UltraKardas

(TL:DR at bottom)
I love how a fair amount of people say that 50m is fine when easily one or two bullet jumps can get you out of rage of Trinity
and also people say that you can make everyone invincible with the press of one button
when we have

• Atlas
  • Inaros
  • Limbo
  • Nezha
  • Nyx w/ augment
  • Rhino
  • Valkyr
  • Wukong

and those are just the ones that stop death
the frames that can avoid being shot at or have damage reduction are-

• Ash
  • Chroma
  • Frost
  • Hydroid
  • Ivara
  • Loki
  • Mirage
  • Sayrn (healing w/Augment)
  • Titania
  • Volt
  • Zephyr
  • Vauban

wanna know how many frames have no way of protecting them self's (including self healing)
a whopping

• Banshee
  • Ember
  • Excalibur
  • Nova

4 frames
that have no direct and reliable way of protecting them self's in the event of not enough Damage
so why is having one frame with a 80% max hp heal, so out of character for Warframe?
cause its not.

Hell, I'd be find with a 60% global heal with no protections

TL:DR 50 meters is not nearly as much as you think it is, and lots of frames have lots of protections, why can't trinity?

Edited by Dabluechimp
typos

3 hours ago, Dabluechimp said:

Snip

That's a beautiful list you have there, that would be a shame if any of these Warframe had a limit on their invulnerability.

I'm nearly sure all those invulnerability one-hit button are bound to the condition of you having energy. Trinity can sustend herself quite easily. Try to be under perma-Hysteria in a high-level mission, I'm sure you'll drop out of invincibility status quite fast.

Furthermore, your list is screwed anyway. Missing frames (guess nobody cares about Mesa, Nekros or Oberon anyway), Limbo while "invincible" is also completely useless, you seem to believe Saryn with Augment is some kind of invulnerable goddess (hint : she isn't), Vauban "can avoid damage" please tell me how, Nyx "with Augment" will just die after 5 bullets unless she has Primed Primed Primed Primed Flow along with Ultra Primed Streamline Umbra mod, Volt wat?, and I won't even go through the complete Warframes list because that's pointless.

Trinity with unlimited range and 99% damage reduction for everyone was just plain dumb, I don't even understand how some people cannot get that. This is just an abomination, unless this spell costs her all of her energy (hint : it doesn't). 50m (62.5 with Vazarin school) is largely enough for 99% damage reduction of Warframe's content.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

Trinity with unlimited range and 99% damage reduction for everyone...

This no longer exists. The reasons for the range nerf no longer exist.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

50m (62.5 with Vazarin school) is largely enough for 99% damage reduction of Warframe's content.

100% of the time I get complaints that essentially say, "Trinity didn't save me!" happen outside of 50m--because your teammates are usually outside of 50m, which isn't a huge radius of action when you're talking warframes. Granted, it's their own fault since the range is known and is actually displayed on your UI, but it happens far more often than not.

One gets tired of hearing about it.

My rule of thumb is I go full Trinity self-preservation mode If I don't see little icons telling me I have people that want my help for longer than about 10 minutes. It can take some time readjusting if your teammates suddenly decide to follow you if they want to live...maybe long enough I no longer care.

I don't think the range nerf was necessary at this late date, but it's really no skin off whatever body part you care to name when I'm playing Trinity; I'll get along fine regardless. It would be a quality of life revision for everyone else and might foster more regard for Link/Blessing Trins.

6 hours ago, Chewarette said:

That's a beautiful list you have there, that would be a shame if any of these Warframe had a limit on their invulnerability.

I'm nearly sure all those invulnerability one-hit button are bound to the condition of you having energy. Trinity can sustend herself quite easily. Try to be under perma-Hysteria in a high-level mission, I'm sure you'll drop out of invincibility status quite fast.

Furthermore, your list is screwed anyway. Missing frames (guess nobody cares about Mesa, Nekros or Oberon anyway), Limbo while "invincible" is also completely useless, you seem to believe Saryn with Augment is some kind of invulnerable goddess (hint : she isn't), Vauban "can avoid damage" please tell me how, Nyx "with Augment" will just die after 5 bullets unless she has Primed Primed Primed Primed Flow along with Ultra Primed Streamline Umbra mod, Volt wat?, and I won't even go through the complete Warframes list because that's pointless.

Trinity with unlimited range and 99% damage reduction for everyone was just plain dumb, I don't even understand how some people cannot get that. This is just an abomination, unless this spell costs her all of her energy (hint : it doesn't). 50m (62.5 with Vazarin school) is largely enough for 99% damage reduction of Warframe's content.

Assimilate augment on Nyx makes her an unkillable god in solo play. Throw on power efficiency and kinda immortal. I can show you if you like. 

Trinities damage reduction caps at 75% damage reduction now and only lasts for a 30 seconds maximum. 

A lot of people actually like Mesa. Just cause you don't doesn't mean you can overlook her 95% damage reduction with just a simple intensify. 

Or Mirage's 95% damage reduction. There's Chroma's, Or Valkyr's Or Inaros' god mode, not to mention wukong... and the list kinda goes on. 

The fact of the matter is, Trinity got nerfed into oblivion and nobody even knows it cause only people who actually care about playing Trinity even knows about the nerf.  You aren't the first post who was unaware that it provides less damage reduction then maybe 80 of warfames

1 hour ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Trinities damage reduction caps at 75% damage reduction now and only lasts for a 30 seconds maximum.

On one point this is correct, although it requires all duration mods and that you wear what in my opinion is a really ugly helmet helmet. On another note however Trinity herself will get a lot more damage resistance than the stated 75%. She will, with Link active be at  93.75% Damage resistance if we exclude her armor, although i doubt anyone here really calculate her 15 armor into anything when considering her EHP. She will also redirect status effect, something that a lot of people dismiss. 

The 75% DR she offers is to the team is also additive to the already active or passive damage resistance they have, so it will in most cases add up to a more than acceptably number in most scenarios.

However i will not deny that she got nerfed into oblivion, the thing with this however is that her protection build still works perfectly fine into the level 120 - 150 level range depending on faction, a build that i prefer to play since i actually enjoy protecting my teammates.

So i as a long time Trinity player, i agree with the nerf numbers and even with the redesign on the range. I do however not agree with how they decided to have the formula calculated, having a set number on the damage resistance that although is effected by power strength to a certain degree is something i find really boring compared with how it used to be, and i also really dislike with her first ability being as pointless as it is.

Trinity may not be what she used to be, she may not be able to go close to "endless" anymore, but she is perfectly viable and even strong in "end game". And perhaps the main problem is not that she no longer can survive like she could, but that there are still frames that can.

6 hours ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

On one point this is correct, although it requires all duration mods and that you wear what in my opinion is a really ugly helmet helmet. On another note however Trinity herself will get a lot more damage resistance than the stated 75%. She will, with Link active be at  93.75% Damage resistance if we exclude her armor, although i doubt anyone here really calculate her 15 armor into anything when considering her EHP. She will also redirect status effect, something that a lot of people dismiss. 

The 75% DR she offers is to the team is also additive to the already active or passive damage resistance they have, so it will in most cases add up to a more than acceptably number in most scenarios.

However i will not deny that she got nerfed into oblivion, the thing with this however is that her protection build still works perfectly fine into the level 120 - 150 level range depending on faction, a build that i prefer to play since i actually enjoy protecting my teammates.

So i as a long time Trinity player, i agree with the nerf numbers and even with the redesign on the range. I do however not agree with how they decided to have the formula calculated, having a set number on the damage resistance that although is effected by power strength to a certain degree is something i find really boring compared with how it used to be, and i also really dislike with her first ability being as pointless as it is.

Trinity may not be what she used to be, she may not be able to go close to "endless" anymore, but she is perfectly viable and even strong in "end game". And perhaps the main problem is not that she no longer can survive like she could, but that there are still frames that can.

Was referring to just blessing btw. Mirage and Mesa get 95% damage resistance ontop of their normal resistances as well so its kinda a mute point when the whole point of this post was about blessing, or giving Trinity some long range options by reworking Well of Life. 

So something we both totally agree on though. However it's arbitrarily neutering Blessing as even less people ever use it now. Have you ever seen a trinity use anything besides energy vamp?

9 hours ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Assimilate augment on Nyx makes her an unkillable god in solo play. Throw on power efficiency and kinda immortal. I can show you if you like. 

I already tried, and not on earth. She's not unkillable, even with Flow and max efficiency, your full energy will be drain way too fast at one point because of the thresholds..

9 hours ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

A lot of people actually like Mesa. Just cause you don't doesn't mean you can overlook her 95% damage reduction with just a simple intensify. 

Or Mirage's 95% damage reduction. There's Chroma's, Or Valkyr's Or Inaros' god mode, not to mention wukong... and the list kinda goes on. 

When did I say I didn't like Mesa and others ? You just didn't put her in the list, as per Nekros, Oberon and others. Don't make me say something I didn't. Talk only for yourself, that's better.

Additionally, Mirage and Mesa's 95% are ridiculous and won't save them at a high-enough level. Mesa is a paper Warframe, so is Mirage, so 95% reduction on a 10k hit will still one-shot them. And I played Mesa largely enough to guarantee it. Every hit she takes and that is not reflected will kill her in Sorties context. Stop believing 95% makes the deal. It doesn't if you have 0 EHP like Mirage and Mesa have

16 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

So something we both totally agree on though. However it's arbitrarily neutering Blessing as even less people ever use it now. Have you ever seen a trinity use anything besides energy vamp?

All Trinities that know how to play Warframe use 3 out of their 4 skills. Sorry.

Edited by Chewarette

7 hours ago, Chewarette said:

All Trinities that know how to play Warframe use 3 out of their 4 skills. Sorry.

They'll use the fourth, too. It's just that conditions where it might be useful are pretty rare--something akin to the conjunction of the spheres.

On 3/21/2017 at 10:20 AM, Chewarette said:

*snip* Trinity with unlimited range and 99% damage reduction for everyone was just plain dumb

I agree, it was, but you also have to remember 99% damage reduction was only for meaningful heals, if you didn't heal any HP you got the minimum damage reduction

if she still had 99% damage reduction the range would be justified, but she doesn't, she now has a cap of 75%
and energy is almost never a problem for a fair amount of Warframe players, you either have a Nekros or a energy restore pad

and in my opinion if I can see my trinity she should be able to heal me, no matter the range
but a fair amount of rooms in warframe are larger than 50m