Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are some Warframes you can get relatively 'early' in the game?

mosaickle

Question

So I managed to build Rhino and now maybe half an hour ago, Frost. Which Warframe is 'next' in terms of accessibility? The 'furtherest' planet I have unlocked is Jupiter but I only just unlocked it so I haven't actually completed any mission on it yet (since I was grinding for Frost)

14 answers to this question

Oberon as he can be obtained from any Exemus that drops his parts, Rhino drops off the Jackal on Venus, Frost drops from Lt. Lech Kril on Mars, Mag drops from the Sergeant on Phobos, Trinity drops from the Vor-Kril Dual Boss on Ceres and Valkyr from Alad V-Zanuka Dual Boss on Jupiter.

Earth is the only one you won't be getting one from anytime soon, as Vay Hek is not recommended for Newer Players even though his lock is MR 5. The frame he drops is Hydroid. 

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Oberon as he can be obtained from any Exemus that drops his parts, Rhino drops off the Jackal on Venus, Frost drops from Lt. Lech Kril on Mars, Mag drops from the Sergeant on Phobos, Trinity drops from the Vor-Kril Dual Boss on Ceres and Valkyr from Alad V-Zanuka Dual Boss on Jupiter.

Earth is the only one you won't be getting one from anytime soon, as Vay Hek is not recommended for Newer Players even though his lock is MR 5. The frame he drops is Hydroid. 

Awesome, thanks for this! Looks like the only one I'd want now is Valkyr since uhh, apparently Hydroid is pretty dull to play, not that I've played him before or anything

The only non-primed Frames that are harder to get are:

• Mesa (Requires Mutalist Alad V coordinates which can only be obtained from Invasions which have them as reward)
  • Saryn (Play Rathuum to get access to 1 boss fight, then play Rathuum again..)
  • Ivara (Spy+RNG)
  • Vauban (Only obtainable from alerts which have his parts as reward)
  • Ash? (you have to find a specific enemy the Grineer Manic)
  • Equinox (7 parts dropping from one boss Tyl Regor)
  • Banshee, Zephyr, Nezha, Wukong (you have to be in a clan to get them)
Edited by The-Tective

3 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Banshee, Volt, Zephyr, and Wukong are all available via Clan Tech, so you could probably get those in addition to what the others have said.

Also, you might be able to get some primes w/o too much trouble.

Which primes would that be? I already got (and am currently in love with) Lobster Prime

14 hours ago, Atylia said:

Which primes would that be? I already got (and am currently in love with) Lobster Prime

I do love my Trin Prime. It's lots of fun to deal 0% damage in a mission and still know you carried the team.

As for other primes, I am going to assume you can access lith and meso fissures, along with an occasional neo? In that case, you could farm

3/4 of Ash Prime (trade for systems to complete)

4/4 of Saryn Prime (may take a while, but I definitely recommend getting her)

3/4 of Valkyr Prime (trade for chassis to complete)

3/4 of Vauban Prime (trade for chassis to complete)

Those are the only ones mostly farmable with lith and meso relics. Though, looking through the list of prime warframes currently available for farming, it made me realize just how few prime warframes are available at any given time.

So, you've got a few recommendations for Valkyr, and I'd second all of them. I've >3k hours in Warframe, and Valkyr is by far my favorite frame. I own the prime variant, but I haven't got around to sinking formas into it yet, and I'm still using normal Valkyr as a result (I still consider her my most best frame, even compared to newer ones/primes). Shes incredible easy to unlock, extremely powerful, and you can farm neural sensors from Alad V as you farm her (you'll need the sensors). This is my build for the normal variant of her: https://goo.gl/KUWJiH  

This ones for the prime variant, for if and/or when you get it: https://goo.gl/eHW5QQ The only difference is in formas, mods are predictably the same.

This is my melee build for her: https://goo.gl/2ZX3W3 Note that mods matter more than the melee weapon, and there are a number of melee weapons you can use with her effectively (my personal favorites being Galatine Prime, Fragor Prime, and Venka Prime).

If you've got any questions about her, feel free to message me over the forums or in game, I can definitely answer them, and would be happy to help :D