Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Request] Option to disallow other frames movement abilities?

Styliaan

Couldn't think of a better way to word it in the title.

Moves like switch teleport, ripline wormhole and bounce etc. I would like a toggle to change whether other frames can affect mine with these abilities.
Still many types that will spend the whole mission trolling their team making things more annoying. Especially on earth defence map where half our team kept being wormholed to the top of the sky where there is apparently a invisible roof, the only escape being to use /unstuck. Fine until /unstuck is on a cooldown and you can do nothing but watch the pod below take damage.

Just a tickbox in options or an ingame command like /movement or something to disable/enable it when it is necessary would be nice.

5 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

I'd want it mostly to get rid of Volt speed.

I find it ridiculous that -I- have to do something to get rid of a buff I don't want. I can't even remember every time how to get rid of it again.

It's far better than having everyone switch to something like walking over a pickup.

Your request doesn't make sense to me honestly. As you said the big problem are the trolls that ruin the cooperative experience.

I would prefer to have a "report player UI" similar to the one you have in Destiny (you can report players for bad connection, innactivity, etc.). Of course trolls could abuse the report player feature just for their fun...

True, those skills are intended to aid other frames but trolls used them to annoy others. 

I do agree we should not be affect by those power, because most of the time we don't use or need those power if we are not using the respective frames. 

41 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It's far better than having everyone switch to something like walking over a pickup.

I actually thought that was fine, it meant I could simply not pick it up and not be annoyed by a speed buff that only ever results in me getting stuck behind everything due to the sheer speed I suddenly move with.

Then they were suddenly like ''Yeah.. it's not working, so instead you'll have to do some kind of annoying button combo to get rid of it instead.'', my only solution now that results in me not getting annoyed is simply to stop running, stop bullet jumping and just walk at the heightened speed of the buff.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)SergeiTheBarb said:

Your request doesn't make sense to me honestly. As you said the big problem are the trolls that ruin the cooperative experience.

I would prefer to have a "report player UI" similar to the one you have in Destiny (you can report players for bad connection, innactivity, etc.). Of course trolls could abuse the report player feature just for their fun...

While admittedly OP's subject is mostly on the trolling use of such skills, it's more then just that. There's also buffs that some people simply don't want, like Volt's speed. For which OP's suggestion is also perfect. I don't know about others.. but I'm not going to report a Volt for using one of his skills the way it was intended, even if the buff irritates the everliving crap out of me.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

28 minutes ago, (PS4)SergeiTheBarb said:

It's not only trolls.

I hate Volt's speed as well, as Volt himself is slow and I'm mostly using warframe with sprint speed of more than 1 it turns game into death race bs where you bump into walls and enemies. It didn't even have to be a pickup just a button you can press to turn off or on a speed buff whenever Volt is using it/

Nova's wormholes often placed god knows where and combined with Volt's speed somewhere in lor can lead to getting to places you don't want to get.

Similar to unwanted movement abilities I want personally an option to turn other player's energy color to black. Because having 3 Nidus or even a single Vauban (especially prime) spamming bringt bastilles makes my eyes bleed.

I wish I could just have a personal black list of players I don't want to play with. That way there doesn't have to be any punitive action. But I would like to not ever have to be matched up with someone who has just a terrible connection or is running Telos Boltace with a macro and a bright energy color. Not that they should be punished, I'd just like to not be matched with them.

On 24/02/2017 at 10:35 PM, (PS4)SergeiTheBarb said:

Well reporting them doesn't fix the issue for you right at the moment, where as a option to tick completely removes the problem at your end.
Sure, theyre still trying to troll, but they have no effect so it wouldn't concern me the slightest.

It has always been a slightly annoying issue when you come across those types, but as mentioned, the ceiling in the sky on earth defence, this troll couldve potentially lost us the game which is why i left at the 30 waves mark when i would've liked to go further.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/158027756679815016/D4A6F9C01076ACEE642EB766EA606F974406D175/
This is maxranged wormholes result when aimed directly up and passing the invisible ceiling. And when using /unstuck just puts you back on the wormhole, or the nova does it again you are now at the mercy of the /unstucks cooldown, meanwhile the pod gets attacked. Relic icon shows roughly how high you can be stranded. Able to replicate getting stuck up here reliably.
So certain abilities on certain maps can quite literally lose you the game.
A report function in no way would help me here, /unstuck was only a temporary fix. Where as if i wasn't affected by wormhole, there would be no issue.

On 2/24/2017 at 6:04 AM, Styliaan said:

...Moves like switch teleport, ripline wormhole and bounce etc. I would like a toggle to change whether other frames can affect mine with these abilities.
Still many types that will spend the whole mission trolling their team making things more annoying. Especially on earth defence map where half our team kept being wormholed to the top of the sky where there is apparently a invisible roof, the only escape being to use /unstuck. Fine until /unstuck is on a cooldown and you can do nothing but watch the pod below take damage.

Just a tickbox in options or an ingame command like /movement or something to disable/enable it when it is necessary would be nice.

I have been in your shoes & even made my own post about this kind of trash not too long ago. If I am playing as a frame that can use something on someone, Limbo's rift or Vauban's bounce for example, I end up apologizing if I hit a teammate with those kinds of moves. I hate when it is done to me & I know other people don't like it as well. DE really should give us options to disable using those moves on each other & also remove Vauban's bounce. It is weak & our parkour is way more useful than it. They reworked Excalibur to get rid of his high jump after the new parkour system so why not bounce?