Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For Introduction of Maws

Omnipower

Well I dont know how far or if DE has even started the path of putting/introducing maws into normal gameplay or some special mission but i had an interesting idea hopefully it isnt too much of a hassle or hopefully if no one has already came up with this idea already.

Since syndicates have been getting some attention lately everyone been wondering if we could get new factions later on so why not make an orokin based syndicate which would be focused on finding artifacts of orokin past or anything of historical importance(their reason for being) to archive it so it doesnt get lost to the ages. Their items for sale will be more akin to simaris' outlet rather than the other syndicates but it will still have a spectre, if you dont know already, this will be the MAW. When you summon it it will fight for you and if you use transference you can take control of it but this part feels a bit hard to do considering your warframe is also there but hopefully someone can help work out the kinks with it later? Oh and to help further flesh out the syndicate you can use "insert name here" (avoiding spoilers) of the kurias who mails you when you find enough of them or all as the leader but you wont see them they will just have a giant kuria speaker doll.

TL;DR Orokin faction led by kuria mailer with the maw as a purchasable spectre and someone maybe can point out why or why not this could work and we can work on it.

I had the idea of a Cephalon becoming corrupted by the Neural Sentry and leading The Corrupted like an army. Posing a huge threat to the upcoming Sentient threat due to the void being poison to them. Said Cephalon  being a danger to all of the system including us Tenno. The Void/Corrupted no longer being of any use aside of itself and fissure missions.

But I also like your idea.

13 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I had the idea of a Cephalon becoming corrupted by the Neural Sentry and leading The Corrupted like an army. Posing a huge threat to the upcoming Sentient threat due to the void being poison to them. Said Cephalon  being a danger to all of the system including us Tenno. The Void/Corrupted no longer being of any use aside of itself and fissure missions.

But I also like your idea.

I assume you meant this as a quest cause if the cephalon is posing a threat to us all they wouldnt be wiling to give us anything XD

And that would also require us to obtain a reusable BP of the maw but i think i still prefer the syndicate route and purchase 5 per 2.5k standing or more if DE feels like doing something amazing with the maw. 

On a side note instead of saying its a corrupted cephalon you could just say its a cephalon from centuries or millenias ago that had reawoken?/turned back on for some reason and trying to find its orokin master/s while subjugating any and all that opposes it.

1 minute ago, Latiac said:

The Maw could always be a boss for the void, have it drop a new frames components (and also make it so we can take it out with warframes and whatnot too) - Best of both worlds.

That would make void great again for those that already dealt with everything in there from voids old days. Go in there find a random encounter of a maw or maws and everyone has fun mawing it up XD. With a guarantee drop of a BP maybe? Though i will say this again i stand by the syndicate thing i had mentioned though i dont mind the leader being something different other then the kuria person heck tenshin could double dip pvp and pve :D