Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee quake change

Riger82

Something needs to be done about the insanely bright flashes that quake now puts off. Not only are the light pulses eye searingly bright, but they pulse every half second or so. It's far too distracting for, ironically, everyone but the banshee. In the very center of the circle, looking downward, you don't even see the blinding 'show'. Please dim it.

Edited by ssj782
correcting typos

21 minutes ago, ssj782 said:

Something needs to be done about the insanely bright flashes that quake now puts off. Not only are they light pulses eye searingly bright, but they pulse every half second or so. It's far too distracting for, ironically, everyone but thee banshee. In the very center of the circle, looking downward, you don't even see the blinding 'show'. Pleases dim it.

I concur

56 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Don't dim it. Remove it.

Agreed. Not only is it visually distracting, it's also incredibly low-quality compared to all other effects in this game. It's like someone went "let's take a shockwave MOA's stomp and set the height to 2m". I already found it rather off-putting when they added it to Fire Blast, but at least in Ember's case it serves the purpose of showing the wave that knocks back enemies. In Banshee's case it's just eye-candy - that tastes like smelly feet.

4 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Don't dim it. Remove it.

I don't particularly want it removed. I actually like finally seeing where my quake ends. But just give us an expanding ring with a marker at the end of the zone, and not the bright walls.

Just did a run with both a quake banshee and someone with a white energy zenistar. Glad I was using the simulor. I couldn't aim through that crap to save my life. Both are far too invasive visually, both together is horrid. Especially when they bounce the disk off the pod and it hovers at chest level.

Edited by ssj782

12 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

Agreed. Not only is it visually distracting, it's also incredibly low-quality compared to all other effects in this game. It's like someone went "let's take a shockwave MOA's stomp and set the height to 2m". I already found it rather off-putting when they added it to Fire Blast, but at least in Ember's case it serves the purpose of showing the wave that knocks back enemies. In Banshee's case it's just eye-candy - that tastes like smelly feet.

This!!! Some one agrees.

Ok, so picture this: this effect they are using for the sound quake is exactly the same effect they use for volts "explosion" when you shock a discharged enemy/container. Who ever came up with this keeps recycling it to other warframes, as if they think it looks good or something.

Alright so I just had the most horrible experience with this, why the hell did this change make it through? That seems really quite damning as a design decision. None of the other spell effects are that intensive, I literally felt like my eyeballs were being scorched alive by this. 

On top of all of this Banshee prime soon, and everyones going to be running this stupid Resonating Quake mod.

DE please, you have to do something about this. Or I'm going to start quiting every game that has a banshee in it.

Even with bloom completely off this is still just extreme flashing colours, and then having a dark backdrop in the majority of maps, its just asking for trouble, I don't even have epilepsy problems, it just really hurts my eyes and causes me to feel ill/nauseous.

8 hours ago, ssj782 said:

This isn't very constructive.

Im sorry

*fixes words*

It has been repetively shown that features such as blinding strobe lights and camera shake will be implemented into the game, sometimes recycled back into the game even after the feature was removed at some point in warframes earlier days.

This may or may not be through any fault of their own, and all we can do is be understanding and patient with DE, but it is without a doubt an unavoible circumstance, and will more than likely occur several more times in the near future. 

I'm just disappointed that after all this time, with Banshee Prime relics dropping soon, the change they decided to make to Sound Quake was to give it a light show. A range indicator is useful in theory, but it's a garbage ability. The only reason I've even seen this new effect is that other Banshee players seem to like going AFK for some reason.

Anyway, agreed. Dim it. As someone else noted, they've already said they're "looking into" doing that.

On 25.2.2017 at 1:07 PM, ssj782 said:

This isn't very constructive.

Adressing issues with appearent behavior IS constructive.

Like this is new ... Energy colors and effects beein distracting has been an issue for a long time and it only got worse, rather then becomming better with time. Despise all the complains and medical conditions of theyr player base. I'm personally not epileptic or anything but darn do my eyes hurt from this game.

Would it be such a big thing to add 2 slide bars that manage your and fellow tennos visual brightness?... They could even finally implement solid Black energy that way >.> Why would they not? What does it look like? Is it that healthy of a buisness model to seem like you don't care? Is not adressing this but letting people think theyr part doing them a favor?

1 hour ago, ssj782 said:

I posted that comment under a rant about DE not caring. Fun post to see just before bed :(

Did it help that i reworded it? It wasnt a rant...thats just how i normally talk about warframe.

Hmmm...

*reevaluates life*

Im a pessimist, and Warframe just has alot of negatives i can focus and harp on.

3 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Did it help that i reworded it? It wasnt a rant...thats just how i normally talk about warframe.

Hmmm...

*reevaluates life*

Im a pessimist, and Warframe just has alot of negatives i can focus and harp on.

I read your reword. It was fine. But as I said, my 'not very constructive' comment was about the rant specifically. You adding parts later doesn't change that. You started with "I dont think the devs care." and ended with "They don't care.".

The biggest issue is number of complaints or requests for change, though. Warframe has how many players? Few seem to actually post complaints or feedback from what I see. The needs of what looks to be 'the few' don't outweigh all the rest who, through not commenting, appear to be content with the current.

14 hours ago, ssj782 said:

I read your reword. It was fine. But as I said, my 'not very constructive' comment was about the rant specifically. You adding parts later doesn't change that. You started with "I dont think the devs care." and ended with "They don't care.".

The biggest issue is number of complaints or requests for change, though. Warframe has how many players? Few seem to actually post complaints or feedback from what I see. The needs of what looks to be 'the few' don't outweigh all the rest who, through not commenting, appear to be content with the current.

It could be seen as a rant. We will let that go.

Im not sure why people always make this argument, that few people are complaining on the forums....

Ok, so most people who play warframe and arent on the forums arent here because of this

*waves hands around at immeditate surroundings*

The forums isnt the most inviting or friendly place. Well, this one isnt that bad, but most have the stigma of being really bad. Plus, alot of players are casuals who could care less about going the extra mile to give feed back. They just close warframe and play a better game without strobe light effects. 

Also, nothing has been said of reddit, which is a place people go because they are already accustomed to it, or because they dont want to end up here, for reasons explained above.

The many over the few argumnet is just really, really, really bad.

Also, you have to look at history. Those who do not know their past are doomed to repeat it, and DE keeps bringing horrible stuff back in over and over again. Its either on accident or on purpose, and if its on purpose, to me that says they just dont care. It could be thats what they like, and think that thats what everyone else should like in a game too (reference the creator of battle born and how he says people not liking his game is due to them having weird tastes). Its all a matter of perspective though. Its my opinion. So from my perspective its not a rant, its me using english to explain a situation, but if cleaner language is needed, i can always provide that. How do you feel about DE's use of effects?

They want(ed) to bring nervos back too. Just...i never experienced it, but research that little piece.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit for eduts sake

I didn't say I agreed, I just said that that's how DE probably does it. I know it's how WoW claims to have done it, until they pushed it into the ground. I literally quit playing, went back for Legion, then quit again because it got worse than when I left.

Also, I don't mind reused visual effects if they aren't too intrusive. I actually play warframe because I like the gameplay, and it consumes huge amounts of time.

Edited by ssj782

I totally agree, those "light walls" are very annoying as we can't see well because of them(isn't much a problem for banshee because ult does not let move or shoot anyway) but it is the most view blocking ability in the game for now.

What can be done of it? I have some variants:

1) It can be just removed(rollback to previous visuals)

2) It can be reworked:

2a) Small cloud ring to show distance

2b) Ground texture effect

2c) Pulsing line effect(2-3 circles pulsing at distance, same width as Equinox spinning line effect)