Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trust GXT24 Controller does not work with Warframe

Rooxon

Question

Hello everyone.

As I mention in the title, I bought myself a new PC gamepad controller, Trust GXT24. Cabled, if it matters. It works on every single other game I got, also on several console emulators on PC but for some reason not with Warframe. I tried plugging it in before starting, after starting Warframe, restarting the PC, all these routine things one tries out. I just cant get it to work. A buddy suggested I should try xbox360CE (controller emulator) but I got no clue how to set it up, or at least it seems so cuz nothing works, still. Any help would be much appreciated! If u need more details, please ask down below!

I also already submitted a support ticket to Warframe but last time I did that, they needed almost a month to reply - not to be mean to the developers, on the contrary. Thousands of players playing each second, new players coming in each day, I totally understand. I just don't wanna wait so long to be able to play WF on controller so I hope u could maybe help me out fix this sooner!

Edited by Rooxon

7 answers to this question

It's okay to joke around, i got a quick support reply. seems its not supported, only legit xbox360/Xbox one controllers are. Okay, so what about using something like xbox360CE (controler emulator)? anyone got experience with that and could help me out to get it to work? the controler does kinda look like an xbox360 one and it's supposed to be one but cheaper to buy.

18 minutes ago, Rooxon said:

the controler does kinda look like an xbox360 one and it's supposed to be one but cheaper to buy.

Looks like the 360 controller, but CHEAPER?  The 360 controller is fairly cheap right now.  Anything cheaper than that and I will automatically doubt it's quality or ability to work.

Joke aside.  I would recommend taking that one back for a refund and just getting a 360 controller (wired or wireless).  about the same price and you will know for a fact that it works. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
added content

Sorry to tell u but like i said, it works with every single other game, emulator software. What i was asking is not a debate whether my controler is a Xbox360 one or close or anything similar, what i asked was help with using xbox360 controler emulator software, which seems to help a buddy of mine run it just fine with Warframe and he doesnt own a legit xbox360 controler. I know how 99% of people reply to stuff without actually helping someone to solve something on the internet, behind computer keyboards just to, well, socialize cuz they dont do it in real life. I rly dont want this topic to turn into this, i want a direct answer to my question or i'll just ignore any further posts from u or similar other people. No worries, not showing off my ego or something u'd use to deflect, i'm just being kind and explaining why i'm gonna do something next.

BTW cheaper is rly subjective in the recent world. u might come from a country where u got more than enough money, i'm not. Again, just kindly answering ur thoughts, not that it's anyhow relevant to my problem. But if u'r at least a little bit clever, i'm sure u realized this by now. What u are telling me is to toss my new gamepad away to buy another one. Obviously i'm not gonna do that when i know proof that other's can bypass this problem.

I just gave you one method to resolve a problem.  One that wouldn't cause issues in the long run and might end up cheaper overall.  I say cheaper overall because the Xbox360 controller emulator software might not be free.  It could also possibly give you unintended issues like extra controller lag. 

My suggestion was just that.  A suggestion.  I would love to assist you with information about that software, but it's just one I never had or needed to use.  Sorry. 

Edit:  This is what I found after doing a search.  https://github.com/x360ce/x360ce  That site is dedicated to everything X360CE software related and downloads for the Open source(free) software as well as guides/tutorials.

Edited by DatDarkOne
added content

i am sorry if i came on too strong. probably dont need to explain why that is, anyhow that's the exact same site and software i downloaded but a buddy runs warframe with it, somehow, i can't. doesnt work, still so i must be doing something wrong. a step-by-step help might be handy or something similar, probably also for a lot of other people who don't have original xbox360 controlers.