Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Simulor Nerf Please?

Valkyr-Umbra

So, I really didn't want to be that guy, asking for a weapon nerf in a game that is predominantly PVE, but here I am. I'm sick of constantly seeing this gun being used, especially in defense/interception mission. I'll regularly join such a match and be the only one not using this gun, and its almost a given that more than one person in the squad will run it. Yes, mirage makes it more OP, but its OP enough on its own. 

One of the things I really loved about the introduction of riven mods was that they functioned as something as an equalizer for so many weapons, and I think thats great (variety keeps thing interesting) but I've hated metas where everyone's using the same OP as hell gun since Boltor Prime. I like the synoid simulor, I think its a unique weapon, and I don't want it nerfed into the stoneage or anything, but it needs balancing imo. Perhaps as you stack spheres on the same location ammo consumption increases, less damage, or a reduction in merge-damage radius (11m seems absurd).

Solution #1 - Don't play with pubbies. If you hate meta playstyles, you will always find them among pubbies.

Solution #2 - You're one of 26 Million Registered Losers Players, stop pretending you're the only guy who's loadout, playstyle and enjoyment matters when you decide to play a multiplayer co-op game. Everyone is entitled to run with the weapons they love to use, the frame they love to use, without having their stuff taken away or broken for your own personal enjoyment. Not trying to be sounding mean here, but that's just how it works.

3 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

The gun doesn't need a nerf, it's not that great without Mirage honestly it's fire rate and range severely limit it when you can't fill a room with it in a second.

exactly just nerf this combo WITH mirage and it's fine. Like mirage can't create the vortex with hall of mirrors and bam weapon stays decent and this combo goes rip.  

2 minutes ago, ScorpDK said:

You're one of 26 Million Registered Losers Players, stop pretending you're the only guy who's loadout, playstyle and enjoyment matters when you decide to play a multiplayer co-op game. Everyone is entitled to run with the weapons they love to use, the frame they love to use, without having their stuff taken away or broken for your own personal enjoyment. Not trying to be sounding mean here, but that's just how it works.

I mean, we've seen this before, even with a synoid weapon XD remember the Synoid Gammacor meta? That thing did damage out the &#!, gave basically unlimited energy for some builds, and everyone ran it for like a month, then it got nerfed. I feel like thats what I'm seeing here and voicing my opinion, not trying to ruffle feathers, but I think this gun is particularly overpowered, and needs a nerf.

1 minute ago, Rawbeard said:

I rarely see it, can't remember when i used it last, so I don't see why it should be taken away from those who do because you don't like it being better than you.

If you say you rarely see it used, then either you haven't been playing much lately, or you haven't been checking what your squad is running...  And for the record, the gun isn't better than me rofl

Just now, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

exactly just nerf this combo WITH mirage and it's fine. Like mirage can't create the vortex with hall of mirrors and bam weapon stays decent and this combo goes rip.  

That's not really sufficient though, Mirage herself needs the nerf or something else gets used instead, the Devs should have immediately realized how OP Hall of Mirrors was going to be so now any remotely good weapon (IE anything with AoE) gets exploited like this and people complain about it.

Just now, Siegfried_Stern said:

Maybe instead of suggesting a nerf to a perfectly good gun that functions as intended you could instead say that other weapons need buffs?

It would be more of a roundabout solution/difficult to implement, at least in my opinion, but I'd have no problem with that if it lead to a wider variety of builds being used.

Just now, -Amaterasu- said:

That's not really sufficient though, Mirage herself needs the nerf or something else gets used instead, the Devs should have immediately realized how OP Hall of Mirrors was going to be so now any remotely good weapon (IE anything with AoE) gets exploited like this and people complain about it.

Main problem i see is it not just gives heavy output but her clones giving her high avoidance to most damage aswell, considering even more dumb with the Augment Mod for it.

It eather should be more defense or more Offense and not both.

1 minute ago, RobWasHere said:

Syn Simulor has no real downsides, maybe if it would have the same blast radius as regular simulor that would count like that. Now its too late, nerfing blast radius would render this gun quite worthless.

The downsides of miserable fire rate and poor projectile range are pretty heavy. The gun is far from having no weakness.

I mostly am a solo player, but when it comes to enter a public team (Sortie Assassination Missions, usually, and even more when some dang handicapping restriction is applied like "increased enemies' resistance", "secondary only", "increased enemies' armor" etc), I don't see Synoid Simulor that overused, fortunately. I honestly hate, too, mainstreaming, and that's why I only play solo (lag-free is also a great feature of solo mode). Bu I admit I've often seen that Weapon in my first days of play, and I hated it because I couldn't touch a single enemy while the Synoid Simulor's players scored hundreds of kills without even aiming.
I often thought about that weapon needing a nerf because it can one/twoshot a whole room without even knowing where enemies are, but thinking of Survival Missions in Sorties... Well, glad I have my Mirage and Synoid Simulor.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

Calling it now, this does not end well.

This+won+t+end+well_17a973_4282046.jpg

What about playing solo, or with some friends who don't use S. Sim?

Why don't simulor users play solo?  Why don't tonkor users play solo? why don't [insert whatever] play solo?  Its a co-op game, if we wanted to play solo we would bloody well click solo.  We want to play with other people, but we also want to, gosh, I dunno, PLAY when we play, not stand there while some other guy (or 3) rapid fire a weapon and drink coffee the entire mission.

I hate this reasoning with a passion.

Edited by Xekrin