Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro- Lets get more players active

Lawmonark

I really enjoy Lunaro but i can understand why some players dont. Mainly unstable lunaro and the "Self passing". I have been chatting with players that have played lunaro alot... most agree.

Here are some ideas i had to make lunaro great.

-Change unstable shots- Make it a focus meter that charges as we pass, score, steal, block...ect. The more active you are the faster the meter grows. When the meter is full, it can be activated for the next shot. If you make it, it hads 1 point. BUT remove the whole checking and hitting the ball for unstable shots. These shots are causing new players to be pushed away. 

-Change self passing- Encourage more teamwork, currently there is something we call "S" passing. Its allowing people to just run around passing to themselves. This needs to stop. Currently its player "dribbing"  to themselves... no team work.  

-No magnet zone- Make a small area in front of the goal "disable" or nullify magnet mode. This way people do not camp the goal. 

Please leave some of your ideas below. Lets try to get lunaro looked at. This game mode is a lot of fun and a lot of players dont even know about it.

Edited by Krhymez

11 minutes ago, (PS4)SektorZR1 said:

nobody wanted rocket league in warframe. no wonder it's dead

It's dead because it's a pain to get into and has no dedicated servers.

Also, soccer =/= Rocket League. It's completely different.

8 minutes ago, Jarcu said:

I came for cooperative online gameplay, not competitive.

Then don't play it.

If you don't like it, that's fine. That's absolutely no reason not to try and improve it though.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

4 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It's dead because it's a pain to get into and has no dedicated servers.

Also, soccer =/= Rocket League. It's completely different.

Then don't play it.

If you don't like it, that's fine. That's absolutely no reason not to try and improve it though.

I will also quote this. Simply because some people don't like PvP does not mean it should not be developed for the people who do. It doesn't siphon resources from the main team to hamper your experience, so what's the issue?

Wow that was helpful. Anyways I appreciate the enthusiasm sadly most of our other Tenno colleagues will disagree with you.  I really enjoy the PVP aspect of Warframe although I can't fully enjoy it with a ping always above 650. Even so i play practice mode or solo mode Lunaro to enjoy the different 'courts'.  The development team really shot for the moon with the Syndicate inspired ones.

Now I will say I have a problem with the disable magnet zone as that is gonna stop a lot of people from being goalie and we'll more than likely devolve back to the era of tackle tackle tackle....ahem...hyper aggressive defensive play styles.

Self Passing is gonna stay as long as its the only means to keep the ball long enough to get it down field.  This would require drastic changes to the underlying mechanics and I seriously doubt that'll happen anytime soon.  It would be great it they implemented the stats of the warframe as a way to determine the hits and shot strength.  It'll create a meta sure but I'd like to see more depth into frame choice other than sprint speed.

Unstable shots are my favorite things because it is literally the only answer to a goal camper. To do away with that would lead to games ending in a draw most of the time or the Lunaro wielding team being very aggressive to the defense just to try and get the ball into the goal. You're idea is actually pretty solid but they would really have to fix core mechanics before it would become feasible.  Right now Lunaro is just Super Mario Strikers and if you've ever played on the hardest difficulty you know the heartache when no matter what you do you are getting hit and the entire team is left vulnerable.

3 hours ago, Jarcu said:

I came for cooperative online gameplay, not competitive.

3 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

No

If it doesn't pertain to you, there's no point in commenting.

---

Dealing with players self passing is something I've come across a tad bit too much. I do consider it a good stategy and I can't say I'm not impressed if witnessing, but at the same time it does turn me off somewhat. If it's one player on the opposing team, it's not entirely problematic. However, if the self passer happens to be on mine, it does become an annoyance due to the fact they're always on the ball and pulling off the same tactics. I ended up in a game with a self passer and whenever I took the thing for myself (and got a goal), they'd scold me saying things like "just pass it to me ffs" and always insisted on being the only one to score. 

Sure, we're very likely to win, but I like participating, not spectating for 10 minutes.

Every time I try to play there's always one really great player doing inhuman things and scoring at will. I learn nothing and usually end up futility trying to play goal keeper. Not being able to use the attractor to protect the goal removes the one aspect of the game I had a modicum of success with.

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

If it doesn't pertain to you, there's no point in commenting.

---

Dealing with players self passing is something I've come across a tad bit too much. I do consider it a good stategy and I can't say I'm not impressed if witnessing, but at the same time it does turn me off somewhat. If it's one player on the opposing team, it's not entirely problematic. However, if the self passer happens to be on mine, it does become an annoyance due to the fact they're always on the ball and pulling off the same tactics. I ended up in a game with a self passer and whenever I took the thing for myself (and got a goal), they'd scold me saying things like "just pass it to me ffs" and always insisted on being the only one to score. 

Sure, we're very likely to win, but I like participating, not spectating for 10 minutes.

I haven't had the misfortune of seeing that happen.  To be competely honest I probably wouldn't mind, but if my objectives for master Teshin is to score goals. You better believe I'd get scolded too.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

I haven't had the misfortune of seeing that happen.  To be competely honest I probably wouldn't mind, but if my objectives for master Teshin is to score goals. You better believe I'd get scolded too.

If it ever does happen :
Smash an unstable ball down on his face see if he still wants it. Doesn't really matter if you win or not, just get the most fun out of it by teaming with the enemies and fighting unbearable people.

No offense, but look at Lunaro and see it for what it is. An attempt at eSports that didn't catch on, and thus hasn't really been looked at since then. Nobody asked for Warframe style Rocket League.

It's just another game mode we'll now have to infinitely suffer the existence of since they definitely aren't just going to remove it again. As for telling people with a dissenting opinion to shut up and get out, not going to happen. This is an open forum, and I will damn well give you my 2 cents, whether you want them or not.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

Honestly I don't find Lunaro to be fun unless I'm actually playing with friends and talking to them, most public games have zero coordination where people just hog the ball and end up getting beaten up by the enemy team for the next minute whereas the enemy team always seems to be perfect with their ability to rely on each other.

1 hour ago, Krhymez said:

I really enjoy Lunaro but i can understand why some players dont. Mainly unstable lunaro and the "Self passing". I have been chatting with players that have played lunaro alot... most agree.

Here are some ideas i had to make lunaro great.

-Change unstable shots- Make it a focus meter that charges as we pass, score, steal, block...ect. The more active you are the faster the meter grows. When the meter is full, it can be activated for the next shot. If you make it, it hads 1 point. BUT remove the whole checking and hitting the ball for unstable shots. These shots are causing new players to be pushed away. 

-Change self passing- Encourage more teamwork, currently there is something we call "S" passing. Its allowing people to just run around passing to themselves. This needs to stop. Currently its player "dribbing"  to themselves... no team work.  

-No magnet zone- Make a small area in front of the goal "disable" or nullify magnet mode. This way people do not camp the goal. 

Please leave some of your ideas below. Lets try to get lunaro looked at. This game mode is a lot of fun and a lot of players dont even know about it.

I'm in!  Tell me how to begin and not get crushed by more experienced players as a horrible first impression, AND not fall behind the Relic Radiant Loot and MR curve in PvE and I'm so there!!! I need that armor!

Ohh...you can't promise me that? 😆

With Timesink saturation and resource inflation, I see more challenges for alt mode growth, not less...

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

3 hours ago, FierceRadiance said:

Sure sounded that way to me. You can say what you want - you don't get to tell people how to take it, or react to it.

True, but it doesn't add anything to the thread. Simply commenting "No" is completely pointless. Absolutely I don't get to tell people they can't comment such a thing, but they should understand it won't lead the thread anywhere except a possible derailing. 

Fair point. And I get that you're trying to collect suggestions on how to make the mode better/more popular, which is a worthy goal.

But I'm one of the ones who came to WF for co-op, not PVP. And regardless of what some Tenno say, unless DE has made a comment about it somewhere that I missed, whichever DE employees are working on PVP for DE -unless they're subbing it out-of-house- could be put to better use polishing/improving the co-op game.

And if that's true, then the game suffers, maybe only slightly, from the inclusion of PVP. So I'm not a fan of it for two reasons. And occasionally, I voice that opinion in PVP threads like this one.

3 hours ago, FierceRadiance said:

whichever DE employees are working on PVP for DE

Last I heard, it's a team of 6, with @[DE]joebuck being the head and also a level designer. I'm unaware of the rest. Warframe already has a large amount of staff, so I wouldn't personally say 6 people working on a side gamemode is too much of a loss for the main game.

5 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Last I heard, it's a team of 6, with @[DE]joebuck being the head and also a level designer. I'm unaware of the rest. Warframe already has a large amount of staff, so I wouldn't personally say 6 people working on a side gamemode is too much of a loss for the main game.

But my desire to play Lunaro is exactly zero. So those six are completely wasted, in my biased opinion. And I've found plenty of bugs they could be fixing, all by my lonesome. So yes, I'd still prefer they work on my game, not Lunaro.

Just MHO.

Edited by FierceRadiance

Personally I played lunaro a few times and I enjoyed the first few games I play against people who in my mind played the game as designed however after the fist few I started being up against 'god' player always got the ball first even when I was in front and always able to check me from seemly anywhere. At the moment I don't find lunaro a fair game so I don't play it anymore, also I got stuck in a lots of 3v1 games which a think should be stopped alongside uneven teams, otherwise it just doesn't work

Well that my opinion anyway