Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

im so jealous of PC players :(

(PSN)Kamil-the-KamiKa

43 minutes ago, Damuranashi said:

Well, yes, but I can get it for free if I have good things to sell.

That made me feel like a leech though.

Don't feel bad.  I have no problems trading my bought plat for something you have grinded to get.  You would have saved me time.  I consider that a fair trade.  :D

On 2/25/2017 at 7:20 AM, (PS4)kamil_demon said:

PC graphics are so much better then console that i wish i played warframe on PC

i started a PC account for fun and instantly i was amazed by the graphics (i already knew i had quite a powerful and extremely good PC, but it still amazed me) but then i look back at console, and everything looks rushed, no shine, reflections, colours seem wrong and everything.

hopefuly PS PRO might change something

Depending on how invested you are, it might be worth the switch. However, it is not worth switching to PC if:

You have a lot of log in days. DE will not match it for you so wait a year for Zenistar again and primed Vigor.

You have a lot of arcanes. The prices are insanely high compared to console.

You have a limited time equipment. Primed Chamber out Arcane Helmets are expensive.

You already have most of the vaulted items. All of the vaulted frames and weapons are extremely expensive and PC players are very savvy. They will up the price on items way quicker than console players given any tip from DE. (Ignis Riven price increase since Ignis wraith. Console players haven't caught on).

Leveling is harder. If you were around for Draco be prepared for leveling to take 3xs longer and to have to farm orokin cells. On console because of Draco I have more than I know what to do with them.

Bugs. Bugs galore. PC players weren't kidding when they said they were the guinea pigs for console.

Focus farming. If you used to use the stealth focus farming method, it no longer exists in the same context. 

Terrible controller support. Some would argue steam big picture mode but there are missing features that the devs stem to ignore.

This is all from my experience switching from console to PC. 

On 26/02/2017 at 6:17 AM, DatDarkOne said:

I use a controller and have no problems what so ever getting headshots. This is why I specifically mentioned personal comfort levels of the player.

Heck I've used trackballs for about twenty years and feel that a mouse doesn't offer the same level of precision while still giving speed. That's a whole different debate. Hehe.

Main point is that what's better tends to vary per person. That's not to say that KB+mouse don't have a huge advantage in buttons over controllers. That one thing can't really be argued.

I still hold to my previous statements. Why, because for me I have much better control when playing with a controller than I do with KB+mouse. For others it's the exact opposite. I'm still amazed at how some people play fighting and driving games using KB. If they like doing it, then I love it that they can. :D 

While it's very true that choice of input device is a personal preference, it's also true that cross-platform competitive shooters are exceedingly rare (if they exist at all?) for a reason.

37 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

While it's very true that choice of input device is a personal preference, it's also true that cross-platform competitive shooters are exceedingly rare (if they exist at all?) for a reason.

Actually, there was one.  Game called ShadowRun.  It offered cross-play between PC and Xbox360.  It also happened to show advantages and disadvantages of both input types.  KB+mouse were able to have pin-point accuracy while the controller users had better strafing and movement.  The other crossplay game was Final Fantasy XI, but that one isn't a shooter.  Warframe can also be considered in a very strange way if you included Conclave and how PC version supports both input types. 

Not saying that you might be wrong or anything like that.  Just offering up some history for insight. :D

Edit: I'm mostly playing Devil's Advocate here.  Mainly to get people reading to think for themselves and not just blindly accept preconceived notions and ideas. That and having friendly debates can be fun. Happy gaming fellow Tenno.

Edited by DatDarkOne
added edit

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Actually, there was one.  Game called ShadowRun.  It offered cross-play between PC and Xbox360.  It also happened to show advantages and disadvantages of both input types.  KB+mouse were able to have pin-point accuracy while the controller users had better strafing and movement.  The other crossplay game was Final Fantasy XI, but that one isn't a shooter.  Warframe can also be considered in a very strange way if you included Conclave and how PC version supports both input types. 

Not saying that you might be wrong or anything like that.  Just offering up some history for insight. :D

Interesting example, thanks for the info. I have also played Final Fantasy XIV which has PC/PS4 cross-play, but I never tried its PvP and it doesn't require aiming to the same extent as shooters.

I guess my Nostromo + mouse combo that I use for Warframe on my PC gives me the best of both worlds, joystick for movement and mouse for precision aiming.

On 27/02/2017 at 1:44 PM, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Depending on how invested you are, it might be worth the switch. However, it is not worth switching to PC if:

You have a lot of log in days. DE will not match it for you so wait a year for Zenistar again and primed Vigor.

You have a lot of arcanes. The prices are insanely high compared to console.

You have a limited time equipment. Primed Chamber out Arcane Helmets are expensive.

You already have most of the vaulted items. All of the vaulted frames and weapons are extremely expensive and PC players are very savvy. They will up the price on items way quicker than console players given any tip from DE. (Ignis Riven price increase since Ignis wraith. Console players haven't caught on).

Leveling is harder. If you were around for Draco be prepared for leveling to take 3xs longer and to have to farm orokin cells. On console because of Draco I have more than I know what to do with them.

Bugs. Bugs galore. PC players weren't kidding when they said they were the guinea pigs for console.

Focus farming. If you used to use the stealth focus farming method, it no longer exists in the same context. 

Terrible controller support. Some would argue steam big picture mode but there are missing features that the devs stem to ignore.

This is all from my experience switching from console to PC. 

Well, I ticked every box there XD

no PC for me then.........

Until cross platform