Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding the digital pass for tennocon

Deathonium

7 minutes ago, xiaodenden said:

Asia's not really huge on pre-paid credit cards.  There are credit cards, but in general it's hard to get credit cards here than in US.  Also, often people transfer funds via bank transfer to pay for online purchases and whatnot. In some Asian countries you can even pay for online purchases by going to your local convenience store like Seven Eleven or Circle K.

How does that work? Do you take like the purchase receipt to the store and pay for it there then when it registers on the site the order actually goes through? 

Just now, (PS4)Kawai-Senpai said:

How does that work? Do you take like the purchase receipt to the store and pay for it there then when it registers on the site the order actually goes through? 

Yup, pretty much like that.  When you check out from the online store you can specify that you want to pay at the convenience store and you go and pay for it in person.  If the payment goes through, then your order will be processed and you can get your goodies either delivered to your address or to a convenience store of your choosing.  It's pretty cool that this is one of the ways you can shop online without needing a credit card.  Unfortunately, this won't help the OP.  :(  I guess he'll need to find a friend or family member in Singapore who can pay for his ticket using their credit card.

On 2/25/2017 at 7:56 AM, Deathonium said:

DE could we buy the tennocon digital pass through steam wallet just like how we can buy plat from yr website using steam wallet

We do not know the full details on the DIGITAL PASS. I see many comments below talking about the real tickets for the actual venue/event and that most certainly would not go through many different options as there is a lot of back end attached to those tickets and the system. So sure for those real tickets it is not possible.

Regarding the DIGITAL PASS it is entirely possible that DE will allow full purchase through all the same methods they allow us now when trying to buy platinum/starter packs/prime access and I see no reason why they would not do so as it would financially benefit them. Again this is all digital and all the stuff you buy now is digital. When they open up the purchase options in March for the digital pass we will ultimately see how it is structured and I would believe the reason for this delay from the main is partially to figure out how to set the system up for it. 

I also do not see the DIGITAL PASS as being limited to only 1000 people it will remain available for a ccertain amount of time most likely for as many people to purchase as possible.

Side note I have always used my Steam Wallet to make all of my purchases (with the exception of GrandMaster Founder) and will always stay with that method as it add an extra layer of protection for information.

Edited by DogManDan

5 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

Yup, pretty much like that.  When you check out from the online store you can specify that you want to pay at the convenience store and you go and pay for it in person.  If the payment goes through, then your order will be processed and you can get your goodies either delivered to your address or to a convenience store of your choosing.  It's pretty cool that this is one of the ways you can shop online without needing a credit card.  Unfortunately, this won't help the OP.  :(  I guess he'll need to find a friend or family member in Singapore who can pay for his ticket using their credit card.

That is pretty cool, definitely convenient for a lot of people too I'll bet. You're right though unfortunately doesn't help him out. Could DE add that as a payment option if they wanted? Or is it one of those things that are difficult to setup

5 hours ago, DogManDan said:

We do not know the full details on the DIGITAL PASS. I see many comments below talking about the real tickets for the actual venue/event and that most certainly would not go through many different options as there is a lot of back end attached to those tickets and the system. So sure for those real tickets it is not possible.

Regarding the DIGITAL PASS it is entirely possible that DE will allow full purchase through all the same methods they allow us now when trying to buy platinum/starter packs/prime access and I see no reason why they would not do so as it would financially benefit them. Again this is all digital and all the stuff you buy now is digital. When they open up the purchase options in March for the digital pass we will ultimately see how it is structured and I would believe the reason for this delay from the main is partially to figure out how to set the system up for it. 

I also do not see the DIGITAL PASS as being limited to only 1000 people it will remain available for a ccertain amount of time most likely for as many people to purchase as possible.

Side note I have always used my Steam Wallet to make all of my purchases (with the exception of GrandMaster Founder) and will always stay with that method as it add an extra layer of protection for information.

The digital ones are confirmed non-limited. You're right though the reason it's delayed could be for them to try and figure out as many ways people can pay as they can.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:47 PM, Mak_Gohae said:

i want to know what this means cause last year they streamed everything for free or put it on YT. 

As far as I can tell, you get the same as last year but also get some in game swag, allowing willing players to donate, participate in a limited fashion and still get swag from the event.

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

As far as I can tell, you get the same as last year but also get some in game swag, allowing willing players to donate, participate in a limited fashion and still get swag from the event.

Yeah there is some swag not avaible. But some swag is way better than no swag at tall ^.^ 

There is part of the stream ( more like presentation ) that were not on YT btw ;) 

Edited by trunks013