Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this Tigris riven mod any good?

TheDT

Hello do you guys and gals know if this is a good riven mod for Tigris?. It has multishot and statue but is that good? What tier would this mod be under? Bad? Good? Top? If it is any good what would you guys and gals recommend as a build? Thank you :)

6695ad6c41.png

status and multishot are both really good on tigris. That being saind thanks to the faint disposition the stats arent too convincing...

Also keep in mind that the tigris prime actaully has pretty decent crits due to its pellet count and high multiplier, so i think this is a better fit on the sancti.

It's not bad. The Tigris shotguns are pretty good at obliterating enemies in a single shot, so the status chance isn't a big deal. Along with multishot though, the bleed proc helps against tougher enemies, and the reduction to critical damage isn't a big hindrance. I personally would probably reroll it hoping for punch through combined with some kind of extra damage.

it would be if that was 54% status, then you could replace one dual stat element with it.

Considering how weak Tigris rivens are you need either 54% status + multi/flat dmg with negative or just full utility Seeking Fury replacement with more reload speed, punchtrough and some third stat + negative

Edited by ViS4GE

10 hours ago, Jackviator said:

Yes, it is. Very good.

10 hours ago, CrudShuzKong said:

status and multishot are both really good on tigris. That being saind thanks to the faint disposition the stats arent too convincing...

Also keep in mind that the tigris prime actaully has pretty decent crits due to its pellet count and high multiplier, so i think this is a better fit on the sancti.

9 hours ago, Quanlain said:

Top-tier mod for tigris. Especially for prime variant due to status shower

Throw some virus and slash ontop, maybe corrosive, it will melt stuff

For everyone saying the status makes it great, please take the following forum post into consideration.

I'd honestly reroll the mod if I were you. The status line is as good as useless since it won't replace a 60/60 on a 100% status build, and won't contribute much on a pure damage build. If you can't get 53.4% status or above, you're better off looking for raw damage + multi, or as some others have mentioned, punchthrough and reload as replacements for utility mods like Seeking Fury.

VIS4GE rightfully pointed out it needs 54% status (actually 53.4%) for it to have the all-pellet-procs phenomenon. Go ahead and try the mod for yourself with 3 60/60s and the riven alone, see how many pellets actually proc, even with multishot on.

EDIT: For those who don't have the privilege of owning a riven of that type, you can do fake 100% status testing with the following mods on the Tigris Prime: 3 60/60s, 1 unranked 15/15, and Shotgun Savvy - status chance before multishot is 97.5%. Equip Hell's Chamber, arsenal now displays 100%, but not all pellets will proc.

The rule of thumb is simple: 100% status chance must be achieved before applying multishot. For the Tigris that means 53.4% on a riven and 3 60/60s, unless you're looking to use mods like Nano-Applicator or an additional mod slot for Shotgun Savvy.

Edited by InsomnIaC.

I thought I'd leave this here as well as propaganda for distant observer a well-presented video on how status works on shotguns.

Take note that this is but one build for Tigris Prime, you can always opt for a pure damage build if 100% status isn't your thing. Mileage varies.

1 minute ago, Krhymez said:

Nope. Thats a really bad mod. It has a feint dispostion. SO it wont be able to replace any of your current mods. It would break my build that is 100% status chance.

well its not bad :D ! but ya for me if i buy it i will reroll it to get better stats :D 

16 minutes ago, RS_Hesham said:

well its not bad :D ! but ya for me if i buy it i will reroll it to get better stats :D 

If you do use any "feint" rivens. Keep in mind "what mod can this replace". If you manage to get a +60% damage buff, then it can be in the place of Blaze... but then it will need another damage stat like multishot to make up for the 60% heat.

I stay far away from any riven that has lower stats then any of the current mods.

Personally, I say just do the math and see if it works out for you (calculate status chance before Multishot). I would reroll it if it were in my hands based on the calculations and the drop to crit damage.

My Tigris Riven has 40.8% Multishot, 31.8% Electricity, and 36.1% Status Chance. On the Sancti Tigris, I still need all 4 dual stat mods, the Riven I have, and Shotgun Savvy to hit 100%. Obviously, on the Tigris Prime my Riven still gives it a pretty substantial boost with the Riven and 4 dual stat mods (2 clips to headshot kill a lv145 Corrupted Heavy Gunner).

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

My Tigris Riven has 40.8% Multishot, 31.8% Electricity, and 36.1% Status Chance. On the Sancti Tigris, I still need all 4 dual stat mods, the Riven I have, and Shotgun Savvy to hit 100%. Obviously, on the Tigris Prime my Riven still gives it a pretty substantial boost with the Riven and 4 dual stat mods (2 clips to headshot kill a lv145 Corrupted Heavy Gunner).

Since the status line is redundant considering you're already above 100%, aren't you better off using Vicious Spread or Blaze for more damage over that riven?

Unless you're looking for more corrosive damage and more pellets for armor stripping, I see no reason to use that mod from a dps-maximization perspective.

1 hour ago, InsomnIaC. said:

Unless you're looking for more corrosive damage and more pellets for armor stripping, I see no reason to use that mod from a dps-maximization perspective.

Honestly, with the Tigris Prime it's just S#&$s and giggles to me. Before having this Riven, I used Primed Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Seeking Fury, the 4 dual stat mods, and Sweeping Serration. The Riven replaced Sweeping Serration.

I was never a huge fan of Vicious Spread. I'm aware that the spread is tight on the Tigris series, but I like sniping with Shotties at mid-range engagement. And, well, Blaze is fine and I understand that Bleed procs primarily use overall damage to account for its DoT, but I just felt it wasn't for me.

Really, the whole point for getting this Riven (to me) was the goal to making the Sancti Tigris 100% Status Chance viable. It takes 3 clips (on a rare occasion 2 clips) to headshot kill a lv145 Corrupted Heavy Gunner with this Syndicate variant. And that's what makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside with this Riven. (>'3')>