Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)GamingGuerilla14

Nyx Ability Overhaul; Psychic Bolts < Split Persona

Nyx Ability Overhaul; Psychic Bolts
Out of all the frames available to me at the point I am in Warframe (Just finished the New Strange), Nyx has been my favorite I've built. Absorb and Chaos are lifesavers, and Mind Control's ability to shutdown an enemy for a short amount of time basically allows you to escape within an inch of your life from nearly every Assassination target. Psychic Bolts however, do effectively nothing, more noticably against higher level enemies. That needs to change, so here is my suggestion

2.) Split Persona

2.1) Memory Loss; an AOE Stealth ability that forces the enemies around you to forget your presence for 6/8/10/12/14 seconds

2.2) Paranoia; A Precision Target ability that allows the user to select one target (enemy or ally) and designate them as the primary target, causing all enemies in the immediate vicinity to attack them for 6/8/10/12/14 seconds. If no target is selected within 6 seconds, Nyx herself is targeted

2.3) Pyrokinesis; A Horizontal wave that causes enemies effected to react as if they've caught fire for 6/8/10/12/14 seconds

2.4) Insomnia; Activating this ability causes enemies shot by your weapon within 6/8/10/12/14 seconds of activation to become sluggish, reacting extremely slow to everything that happens to them for 6/8/10/12/14 seconds

Please give meaningful feedback for these, as I'm relatively new to Warframe and don't yet know how everything in this game works. I know at least one of these abilities is already on another frame since DE has basically thought of everything, but if another frame reasonably makes one of these abilities inefficient, let me know :smile:

You'll come to love Psychic Bolts, they count as a one handed ability so you can use them as a backup when reloading. Plus every bolt has its own chance to disarm and proc radiation.

3 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

You'll come to love Psychic Bolts, they count as a one handed ability so you can use them as a backup when reloading. Plus every bolt has its own chance to disarm and proc radiation.

it's inconsistent at best and completly terrible at worst, it affects a limited number of enemies which is affected by power strength, you don't need any power strength on nyx, the damage is negligble, the rad procs are worse than mind control or chaos, and the disarming is nice, but its once again, inconsistent, this ability should be changed, i liked paranoia a lot, but it shouldn't allow you to target allies, seems like a bad idea.

1 minute ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Mainly my problem with them is the fact that they have literally no synergy with the rest of Nyx's kit. With the introduction of Nidus to the game, and his perfectly crafted kit (literally every thing in his kit works with the other in someway) I thought "if DE could make his entire kit work together, why couldn't they do it with others?" That's where this idea came from

14 minutes ago, yarash2110 said:

it's inconsistent at best and completly terrible at worst, it affects a limited number of enemies which is affected by power strength, you don't need any power strength on nyx, the damage is negligble, the rad procs are worse than mind control or chaos, and the disarming is nice, but its once again, inconsistent, this ability should be changed, i liked paranoia a lot, but it shouldn't allow you to target allies, seems like a bad idea.

I'll add this detail in after, but my idea behind paranoia's ability to target allies would essentially work like a lite Speed Nova ability, an example being; forcing enemies in a high round Defense to go to one point (this would also work on Invisible Frames (Loki, Ivara, Ash, etc...), so they wouldn't be just outed by their teammate, rendering their invisibility useless). I'll also add in a default mode in which if the ability isn't used to target something within 6 seconds, it'll target Nyx herself, making Absorb take the maximum possible damage to throw back out.

2 hours ago, yarash2110 said:

you don't need any power strength on nyx

Mind Freak scales with strength, as does Absorb.

2 hours ago, yarash2110 said:

the rad procs are worse than mind control or chaos

Good against Heavy Grineer armor, though.

2 hours ago, (PS4)GamingGuerilla14 said:

Mainly my problem with them is the fact that they have literally no synergy with the rest of Nyx's kit.

That's my biggest problem with them, too. Your suggestions sound cool, although I see no practical use for the self-targeting on Paranoia. Absorb already sets you at max aggro and in every other situation you wouldn't survive the sudden attention.

Just make is so the bolt has 100% radiation chances so it's more reliable on its own. Psychic Bolts with the augment is just great for crowd control while doing escape manoeuvers. You can also add a few synergies.

A few exemples :

• Casting psychic bolts when mind control is active will also cast another instance of psychic bolts from the mind controlled target.
  • Casting psychic bolts on targets affected by chaos will reinforce the effect : the enemy will outright become an ally for the rest of the duration instead of attacking anything nearby.

1 minute ago, Bibliothekar said:

Mind Freak scales with strength, as does Absorb.

Good against Heavy Grineer armor, though.

That's my biggest problem with them, too. Your suggestions sound cool, although I see no practical use for the self-targeting on Paranoia. Absorb already sets you at max aggro and in every other situation you wouldn't survive the sudden attention.

chaos does not scale with power strength, it affects the base damage which barrely matters, what does matter is the damage that team mates and enemies put in the absorb, and the mind freak augment argument is decent, but the augment is rarely used, its problematic because of the passive behaviour of AI in warframe, usually just taking cover.

Just now, yarash2110 said:

what does matter is the damage that team mates and enemies put in the absorb

And that does scale with power strength as well. There's the caveat, though, that Assimilate switches off friendly fire (you only get damage from enemies).

1 minute ago, yarash2110 said:

but the augment is rarely used, its problematic because of the passive behaviour of AI in warframe, usually just taking cover.

Dunno, I always take heavy units like Minigunners, Napalms and so on, who don't take much cover.

55 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

And that does scale with power strength as well.

Not exactly.

The damage from allies and enemies does not scale with power strength.

Only the minimum damage threshold and the passive damage gain is affected by power strength.

However, the thing is that passive damage gain matters very less when, even at mid-level, one can absorb thousands of damage from enemies within seconds.

So, if someone is building Nyx for Absorb and is using maximum power strength, he/she is doing it wrong. A much better idea would be to use maximum range for knocking down the largest possible number of enemies.

9 hours ago, yarash2110 said:

Exactly, you don't need power strength on Nyx, because they do decent damage at base 30 anyway and are mainly for the procs anyway. And how is radiation worse than Chaos? You do realize that opinion is redundant right? They pretty much do the same thing. That's like saying putting an element or elemental combo on a weapon with low status chance is pointless. It isn't because you still get to do extra damage to enemies per shot, even if the status doesn't proc. Not that status procs are good anyway, the only useful ones atm are slash, puncture ((The weakening effect stacks with every puncture proc)), blast, corrosive, and radiation, since the other procs either don't do enough or last long enough to actually benefit you unless you're using a mod to lengthen them. Look at fire for example. Yes, fire procs panic enemies and do DoT, but panicked enemies can still attack you, for example if you get too close to any Grineer heavy unit, they can still do a ground pound shockwave while on fire. The same thing happens when enemies are being shocked. They aren't locked into their panic animations and that way can break out of them early which is @(*()&#036; stupid.

9 hours ago, (PS4)GamingGuerilla14 said:

Mainly my problem with them is the fact that they have literally no synergy with the rest of Nyx's kit. With the introduction of Nidus to the game, and his perfectly crafted kit (literally every thing in his kit works with the other in someway) I thought "if DE could make his entire kit work together, why couldn't they do it with others?" That's where this idea came from

Because Nyx came first for one, she's been in the game for a long time. And 2, it works perfectly fine with her kit, Nyx is chaos on the battlefield. Radiation and disarming add to said chaos. And I wouldn't say Nidus is a perfect kit at all, pressing one constantly to build stacks to even use your powers is not a good kit, it's an excuse to use something new.

37 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Exactly, you don't need power strength on Nyx, because they do decent damage at base 30 anyway and are mainly for the procs anyway.

Well, you don't need additional power strength, but you shouldn't reduce it too much either.

37 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

And how is radiation worse than Chaos? You do realize that opinion is redundant right? They pretty much do the same thing.

I'm not entirely sure (need to test this again), but Radiation might even be better than Chaos. Ancient Healers provide CC immunity to nearby units, which should include Chaos. However, since they take procs from other units, you can quickly disable them with the first bolt that procs Radiation and the remaining bolts can proc their targets. Also, Nullifiers can dispel Chaos, but not Radiation procs.

2 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

I wouldn't say Nidus is a perfect kit at all, pressing one constantly to build stacks to even use your powers is not a good kit, it's an excuse to use something new.

You have used him, right? Nidus is as close to a perfect damage frame as it gets. His 1,2, and 4 take massive amounts of enemies and absolutely destroy them. His 4 causes animation lock on some enemies, and scales in damage based off the stacks you've accumulated. The thing that makes Nidus more than "an excuse to use something new" is the fact that you're rewarded for using his abilities.

5 hours ago, (PS4)GamingGuerilla14 said:

You have used him, right? Nidus is as close to a perfect damage frame as it gets. His 1,2, and 4 take massive amounts of enemies and absolutely destroy them. His 4 causes animation lock on some enemies, and scales in damage based off the stacks you've accumulated. The thing that makes Nidus more than "an excuse to use something new" is the fact that you're rewarded for using his abilities.

That may be, but why can't the devs apply that same animation lock to fire and electricity procs now?

20 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

Well, you don't need additional power strength, but you shouldn't reduce it too much either.

Actually, you can reduce the power strength all the way to 40% for Nyx. As I said earlier, 99% of absorb's damage comes from enemy and ally fire.

I use max range on my Nyx with 40% power strength and yet, I am able to accumulate 50k+ damage in matter of seconds in high level missions.

3 minutes ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

Actually, you can reduce the power strength all the way to 40% for Nyx. As I said earlier, 99% of absorb's damage comes from enemy and ally fire.

It depends on your build. I like to use Mind Freak (if just for the fun of seeing a Minigunner shred a Minigunner) and that's kinda pointless when you mod away all the bonus damage. I'd also like Psychic Bolts to do at least some damage against mid-level enemies. Sure, it's not what I'd use for LoR or Sortie, but for most use cases Stretch gives me enough range.

42 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

It depends on your build. I like to use Mind Freak (if just for the fun of seeing a Minigunner shred a Minigunner) and that's kinda pointless when you mod away all the bonus damage. I'd also like Psychic Bolts to do at least some damage against mid-level enemies. Sure, it's not what I'd use for LoR or Sortie, but for most use cases Stretch gives me enough range.

That's a different point altogether.

If Mind Freak needs power strength, then  you should mention that only. Why do you keep saying Absorb needs power strength as well? It doesn't.

9 minutes ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

Why do you keep saying Absorb needs power strength as well? It doesn't.

I said that Absorb scales with power strength. Not that it needs it. Radial Disarm scales with power strength, too.

2 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

I said that Absorb scales with power strength. Not that it needs it. Radial Disarm scales with power strength, too.

A clever attempt to change the context, however, you should go read your very first post here which quotes another Tenno saying PS is not needed on Nyx.

Therefore, keeping in mind the context where you first mentioned the scalability of Absorb, I am right in interpreting that you were indeed talking about the need of PS on Absorb because otherwise, there was no point in mentioning the scalability of PS on Absorb in the first place.

As a matter of fact, you were always either wrong or always misunderstood others' posts here.

You even quoted a guy who said that absorbs main source of damage comes from enemies and allies and you quoted him/her and said even that damage scales with PS, which is totally wrong.

And since this discussion is useless, because now you would just say that I misunderstood your post, I am going to stop wasting my time.

Yes, I did mistake the passive gain for a cap on how much damage you can absorb per second, because I've been playing Nyx for so long that I remember when they changed Absorb (which still had a duration back then) so you couldn't play damage ping-pong with two Nyxes and push your damage in the billions any more. And that sounded like something DE would do. But other than that

1 hour ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

As a matter of fact, you were always either wrong or always misunderstood others' posts here.

is the pot calling the kettle black.

/e: I just checked, her abilities tab in the game even calls it "Absorb per sec". So yeah ...