Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So the Helios was reverse-engineered too?

Cyborg-Rox

The Vauban Prime trailer seems to indicate that the Corpus existed in the Orokin era already.

"These industrialists gorged on the harvests of our long war" -Ballas

It's not unreasonable to suspect that the Corpus would have been manufacturing things like Sentinels and some Prime items during the Old War. Current Corpus designs with Primes could easily have been retained by the Corpus and currently manufactured with inferior components, now that the Orokin are gone and they don't have access to the same tech and materials.

2 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

A Prime Warframe, weapon, Sentinel or accessory represents technology as it was during the height of the Orokin Era.

2 hours ago, Irongam3r said:

It's not unreasonable to suspect that the Corpus would have been manufacturing things like Sentinels and some Prime items during the Old War.

These have reminded me that, according to the Cephalon Fragments, Sentinels were discovered by Tenno explorers after fighting the Sentients.  It describes them as being similar to 'the fearsome Sentients that had decimated human civilisation' which doesn't sound like they were discovered during height of the Orokin Era, so any Prime Sentinels don't really make much sense.

I mean if you wanna get technical, the Corpus are just low-born late Orokin. All the factions [minor spoilers] are offshoots of the Empire, post-fall. Could be that Helios Prime was the original, the Corpus later engineered their more spartan version and the Tenno lost the item or never bothered to keep it.

20 hours ago, Katinka said:

The Braton breaks either the Vandal pattern or the Prime pattern.  Lato doesn't look at all Corpus and has a Prime.  Latron doesn't look at all Grineer and has a Prime.  Imperator Vandal (Archwing gun for those who forgot about Archwing) I'm pretty sure isn't Corpus.  Strun is a Tenno shotgun with Tenno text on the stock.  While there is a tendency towards Corpus Vandals and Grineer Wraiths it is by no means a solid rule and not one ever stated by DE.

Wraith and Vandal types aren't weapons invented by other factions. Like, the latron wraith is still a tenno weapon.

There's no lore rule or lack of rule here. There's nothing.

7 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Wraith and Vandal types aren't weapons invented by other factions. Like, the latron wraith is still a tenno weapon.

There's no lore rule or lack of rule here. There's nothing.

That's my point.  There is no rule.  Players see patterns, make up their own rules and then get upset when DE don't stick to the rules that never actually existed in the first place.

1 hour ago, Katinka said:

That's my point.  There is no rule.  Players see patterns, make up their own rules and then get upset when DE don't stick to the rules that never actually existed in the first place.

There's no rule in anything of this sort. Things develop for reasons, of which we have precious few as the players. We make assumptions as the player which we refine as new information becomes available. DE has stated they don't like breaking the fourth wall. Anything presented in the game must be accounted for in the game for this reason.

As for the corpus derivations of Orokin tech, well, they were the industrialists of the Empire. They made this stuff to begin with. After the fall of the Empire, there's no one to enforce standards on this lot, so the TDP of Orokin tech goes out the window and the corpus do what they want--or make what will sell for the most profit. This is how this sort of thing works.  

If you want Real Life(tm) examples, you don't have to go any further than the US service rifle, the M16. Guns purchased by the government have to meet the TDP that the government provides if you want to be seriously considered for a contract. Commercial versions of the same can vary wildly from the TDP--and often suffer for it with decreased reliability and durability. They serve a different purpose, however, and usually have much lower price points.

Edited by Sloan441
Can't type...or spell, apparently.

8 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

There's no rule in anything of this sort. Things develop for reasons, of which we have precious few as the players. We make assumptions as the player which we refine as new information becomes available.

I'm okay with that.  What I don't like is the players who refuse to refine their assumptions with the new information and instead cry 'RET-CON!' when something doesn't fit their head-canon.

39 minutes ago, Katinka said:

I'm okay with that.  What I don't like is the players who refuse to refine their assumptions with the new information and instead cry 'RET-CON!' when something doesn't fit their head-canon.

I think the main problem is that the lore was kept so silent for so long without them being corrected that it jumps from feeling like a legitimate lore to feeling like a direct ret-con, instead.

I mean, there are still people who think that the original Dark Sector has anything to do with Warframe beyond inspiration. Think about that.

13 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

I think the main problem is that the lore was kept so silent for so long without them being corrected that it jumps from feeling like a legitimate lore to feeling like a direct ret-con, instead.

I mean, there are still people who think that the original Dark Sector has anything to do with Warframe beyond inspiration. Think about that.

Dark Sector and Warframe are as closely linked as Adam West and Christian Bale's separate depictions of Batman.