Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival and defense sortie's or High lvl

Insane-Mana

Disclaimer:

Every one can play how they want, when they want and with what ever frame or weapon setup. I'm not judging but i am curious.

I am amazed with the frame's people use for survival or defense at higher lvl's like the sortie. When you take a Volt into a survival on Eris vs lvl 40 50 etc you cant expect to do well unless you a veteran who knows what he's doing. Do what yo want and pick the frame you want, i'm past the point where i care if you go down 5 times in 5 minutes and start typing extract extract! Yes i know Volt can be good for some maps, its just an example.

But seriously though why?

Next i simply dont understand why some people insist on playing in a bad spot or area. Lets take eris again, on most maps there its near impossible to tell up from down or actually see trough the smoke or just bad lighting. Why not fight where there is light and you have a decent advantage over the hordes of infested?

Sure we all have bad days, or want to test some thing and fail, so again im not a hating just curious as to why some players do what they do. Because i cant imagine its fun to get killed over  and over again.

Actually, I do bring Volt Prime to high level missions including sorties and not constantly bleeding out.  For example today I took him to the Grineer sortie survival and I was the only one who didn't go down once.  I ended up doing a good chunk of the damage as well as played nurse by reviving people.  I wouldn't use Volt for Akkad because people who go there want to get things done as soon as possible and they'd complain if Volt locks down the room with his 4, but with him I can survive fine at that level.  Like you said, one needs to know how to use him properly if one expects him to survive at high levels.

I have a couple of favorite frames for high level stuff, but sometimes I would bring whatever just to change it up a bit or to test new strategies/builds.  I don't care what people bring to missions as long as they contribute somehow or at least don't die constantly.  I do get annoyed by certain frames or weapon combo, but it's public session so whatever.  Not like I have to team with them again after the session is over.

The only time I ever change frames is Ivara for Spy/Rescue since it's too easy to cheese with her.

The only time I ever change weapons is when the sortie requires me to take something that isn't melee.

Personally I can survive well on any of my frames but I generally don't switch because it's the one I find most fun to use at the time even if it isn't particularly useful for the mission type. Don't really care what people bring as long as they don't die every other second and all frames are capable of that as long as the player knows how to move. I'd immagine those other people are doing it for similar reasons if not just leveling them up and simply don't know how to jump if they're really getting down that much.

27 minutes ago, xXxBeasTxXx said:

When you take a Volt into a survival on Eris vs lvl 40 50 etc you cant expect to do well unless you a veteran who knows what he's doing.

You don't need to be a veteran to run survival endurance runs.

You just need the Naramon passive and you can use any frame with a decent crit weapon to mop the floor with those "scary" level 50 enemies. Just stay away from others if you don't have enough tankiness to survive occasional enemy fire directed at them. 

Replace a decent weapon with a good one, and you can run long survivals for hours on end. Frame doesn't matter much if they can't see you (and therefore don't even attack) and die in a couple hits.

To illustrate the above:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, xXxBeasTxXx said:

Disclaimer:

Every one can play how they want, when they want and with what ever frame or weapon setup. I'm not judging but i am curious.

I am amazed with the frame's people use for survival or defense at higher lvl's like the sortie. When you take a Volt into a survival on Eris vs lvl 40 50 etc you cant expect to do well unless you a veteran who knows what he's doing. Do what yo want and pick the frame you want, i'm past the point where i care if you go down 5 times in 5 minutes and start typing extract extract! Yes i know Volt can be good for some maps, its just an example.

But seriously though why?

Next i simply dont understand why some people insist on playing in a bad spot or area. Lets take eris again, on most maps there its near impossible to tell up from down or actually see trough the smoke or just bad lighting. Why not fight where there is light and you have a decent advantage over the hordes of infested?

Sure we all have bad days, or want to test some thing and fail, so again im not a hating just curious as to why some players do what they do. Because i cant imagine its fun to get killed over  and over again.

Volt completely shuts down infested with his 4.

Almost all frames are great if you know what your doing.   Volt in an infested sortie power str speed build with shocking speed augment and naramon focus and a g prime.  This set up you take pretty much zero dmg and out kill 95% of players in warframe killing everything before others even see it.

I can do well with any frame on sortI and purposely take more rarely used ones.    today for example Grineer sortie survival physical enhance,  exterminate armor enhance,  Mobile Defense eximus stronghold.   I went down once on the survival and finished all 3 most kills, least dmg taken, most dmg done and most revives as Atlas.

As many people said most frames are great for almost any kind of situation or mission in the long run. You mostly have to evaluate how can you maximize your effectiveness against the enemies you will be facing, be by full dps using crit builds and whatnot, by cc with some frames' abilities or weapons using status effects like blast and impact.

Most of the times I rely more on my weapons capabilities on dealing with the enemy than on my frame alone. In the end knowing how well you can handle certain situations or specific enemies is the key.

Giving you an example before I finally made a good built with my sybaris on void survivals I would go with my tonkor to deal with the hordes of enemies that would form sometimes dealing radiation and blast damage to deal with alloy armor that was the common armor found in the void, then I would have quite some problem dealing with the corrupted heavy gunners that had ferrite armor which didn't care much about my blast damage I would blind them and open them for finishers to kill them easily.

As for your second point why some people go around in what looks like bad spots in certain missions that is a subjective matter as some may just like those spots, don't care at all, just following the spawns, there might be a life support capsule in that room or might just like to find a dark corner to carry their own business.