Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, prove u listen to your player base/customers

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Not be afraid to balance mods and actually go ahead with the original 3.0.

This, it may not be fear but there's something cacky that's stopping DE from adjusting mods.

I don't understand it tbh, if it sucks they can just rollback. That's the beauty of beta, they can make all the changes that they want.

Buff Status mods from 15% to 120% and it makes things OP? Nerf it.

Bit too weak now? Buff it.

Sweet spot? Leave it.

Can't reach that sweet spot unless you actually try though.

If I say, they have to do it? Is that how this works?

* Set max enemy level in the game to 60. No enemy shall ever be higher level than this, period.

* Heavies and eximus become significantly heavier and eximusier, but slow down spawning of trash mobs when they show up

* Acknowledge the Braton Prime as the epitome of a reasonable and balanced weapon...  Buff and nerf all weaponry to fall into a +0%/-50% range from that point (based on MR and difficulty of acquisition).  AOE weaponry shall be balanced as if assumed to be hitting 3 enemies at all times.

* Fundamental rework of the energy economy to include a composite cooldown/energy system, harshly nerf all forms of energy restore, completely eliminate any "repeat on demand" form of energy restore

* Give both players and enemies a stacking immunity to all forms of crowd control and stunning

* Nerf all forms of damage immunity to be damage resistance, capped at 75%

* Enemies affected by powers are not eligible for stealth attacks or stealth damage multiplier

* Remove or rework entirely:  Covert lethality, blood rush, maiming strike

* Mastery points are gained by actively using weapons/warframes and completing a few simple tasks tailored to the type of gear;   the item's rank and by extension passive XP leeching has no effect on mastery gain.

What else what else....

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

This, it may not be fear but there's something cacky that's stopping DE from adjusting mods.

I don't understand it tbh, if it sucks they can just rollback. That's the beauty of beta, they can make all the changes that they want.

Buff Status mods from 15% to 120% and it makes things OP? Nerf it.

Bit too weak now? Buff it.

Sweet spot? Leave it.

Can't reach that sweet spot unless you actually try though.

The problem is that DE are afraid that if they take away people's OP Primed damage mods and Riven mods, the playerbase will squeal and spray boiling salty piss out of their tearducts.

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The problem is that DE are afraid that if they take away people's OP Primed damage mods and Riven mods, the playerbase will squeal and spray boiling salty piss out of their tearducts.

Eh, they can take every mod I own if it helps them make a balanced and fun experience.

Granted though, not everyone feels that way. I don't however think cowering from radical changes for fear of how the playerbase might react is healthy for the game.

24 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Instead of implementing "weak point" eximus units, We should..........?

To be fair a big example would be Prime parts with Tennogen. They actually made it toggleable in the end despite suggesting/saying it was all or nothing, no compromise.

So I'll give them that.

Next big QoL thing is enemy scaling, as someone suggested.

7 minutes ago, Momaw said:

* Set max enemy level in the game to 60. No enemy shall ever be higher level than this, period.

* Heavies and eximus become significantly heavier and eximusier, but slow down spawning of trash mobs when they show up

* Acknowledge the Braton Prime as the epitome of a reasonable and balanced weapon...  Buff and nerf all weaponry to fall into a +0%/-50% range from that point (based on MR and difficulty of acquisition).  AOE weaponry shall be balanced as if assumed to be hitting 3 enemies at all times.

* Fundamental rework of the energy economy to include a composite cooldown/energy system, harshly nerf all forms of energy restore, completely eliminate any "repeat on demand" form of energy restore

* Give both players and enemies a stacking immunity to all forms of crowd control and stunning

* Enemies affected by powers are not eligible for stealth attacks or stealth damage multiplier

* Mastery points are gained by actively using weapons/warframes and completing a few simple tasks tailored to the type of gear;   the item's rank and by extension passive XP leeching has no effect on mastery gain.

What else what else....

This

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I want to see the weak points. Why are people so afraid of aiming?

Check the last (?) devstream, Rebecca spent several minutes trying to shoot the weakpoint on an Eximi Infested Runner. With a shotgun. And no other enemies around to distract her.

6 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

because in the demonstration of the weak points, even the devs had trouble hitting them; enemies turn so fast to stay facing you that hitting one small weak point that's constantly moving is nigh impossible

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Add weak points because it make the game more skilled and enjoyable.

DE already listen the community when it's needed but here it's something that make the game a bit harder for lazy players who prefer shooting on enemis without aiming correctly, so most of players will disagree with that exept those who want challenge.
The weak point system is the BEST solution to add some difficulty with the power creep we have in the game. Currently, without this system, the "difficulty" is just the enemi health/armor scaling, so basically, more time to kill.

DE is on the right way and give us a smart solution to what their players asked, some challenge.

Edited by lukinu_u

48 minutes ago, Momaw said:

What else what else....

By Azura, by Azura, by Azura, I'm your biggest fan, at least for now :D

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Focus more on the things that players actually want, such as an Auction House (Seriously, console people like me NEED this), or Damage 3.0.

I don't have a problem with the weak spots on individual Eximii, but when you're playing Hieracon for more than 2 hours, I don't know, it's gonna start getting real painful.

Also, I can't believe no-one's thinking about what's gonna happen in a high-level interception when these dudes show up ("Conflict! Conflict!")

7 minutes ago, Etan-gK said:

because in the demonstration of the weak points, even the devs had trouble hitting them; enemies turn so fast to stay facing you that hitting one small weak point that's constantly moving is nigh impossible

They did say that they'd take a look at the hitbox of the weakspot, so in their defense it is being looked at. Not to mention that Rebeccas performance did not seem optimal.

I'm however also against the weakspot idea as is. The sheer number of enemies sent at us in any given mission can end up spawning several of these enemies, not to mention explosive, area of effect weapons dorminate the day to day missions in warframe, either making the new units pointless or incredibly annoying to deal with depending on how they deal with AoE weapons and their interaction with those weakspots.

All in all, I'm sad to hear that damage 3.0 is likely to go out the window, since it was probably one of the best ways to deal with an increasingly ridiculous power curve.

12 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The problem here is that eximi took 0 damage when they weren't shot at weakpoints which were placed at barely hitable spots. Weakpoints should not work like that, unless you go with the excuse that the enemy is a boss, not a mini-boss like Eximus untis, but an actual boss. 

Instead weakpoints should be more like this, places where the enemy takes more damage, not the only place where enemies take damage. Oh and by the way we already have those http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Enemy_Body_Parts

Just think, if weakpoints get added the way they were shown in the Devstream, would you be able to complete a Sortie mission with the Eximus Stronghold condition? Also keep in mind that those weakpoints were shown off on Infested, a basically mindless faction that moustly just blindly charges at you in big hordes, against those there is no time to carefully aim at small weakpoints which you probably won't even see!