Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

sound suggestions really important to look at for developers !

wiedman

I don't know did anyone suggested something similar, but we're all have little to NO time for such pointless reading so let me start

somebody very familiar to my generation of players said wise thing : " why make buttons which never pressed " or A.P. Chekhov in russian classics said : "if you hung up the rifle on the wall - you ought to shoot it even if it is just a stick representing rifle - it must shoot somehow nevertheless !"

Same goes to DE-velopers AS WELL - you implemented sound as a gameplay feature - you INVOLVE sound in the gameplay not just as a content - then why do we - players - should use OTHER feedback means to recognize that our SILENCED action were truly silenced ? ...

I notice you (DE) reworked a whole lot of sounds for weapons, but for what impact ? cosmetic ? - yeah they COSMETICALLY  sounds otherwise !

• But did players asked that ? nope -
  • can players use that to their advantage ? nope again -

I mean you could did so from the start so you won't need to do such useless rework ... OR you could do another rework which will defifnitely be alot more distinctive and impact greater AND  it was demanded by the game mecanics from the start - you make the stealth & undercover part of the game somewhat usable but you still missed such great feat to finish the work on that ...

two words : SILENT SHOT !!!

I mean the silenced shooting sounds representing INSTALLED "silence" line mods for silence-able weapons - THAT  you should've been doing instead of cutting shoot sound from 2 to 3 parts. Let me remind you :

1. game have somewhat usable STEALTH (whatever this word could mean here)
  2. game have Warframe BASED on sound management
  3. game have silent weapons
  4. game allow all not silent weapons to be silenced
  5. game have sound based alarming feature

In tiniest details :I suggest to make silencing mods to distinctively influence the weapon they installed in and their level should impact if not the shot sound then at least notify the user of - did the mod suppressed the noise satisfactory or not !

The second part of my suggestion is about enemy speech - they shout every time or everytime speak calmly - I NEED difference between : alarmed and calm !

I DEMAND them to notify me : did I successfully stealth-killed them or I screwed up because somebody saw me or hear !

I want to hear BEFORE turning the corner  : are they alarmed & ready or they calm & unprepared - for now one and only way to make reconnaissance  - is the 2 scanners

and if you do abovementioned - you can further reconstruct it by making previosly 100% silent weapons to emit distinctive noise :

• - like hammers smashing the ground in leap-attack or
  • - whips clapping in the air if they missed the target or haven't touched anything at all
  • - grenades\arrows explosions (why do weapon mod actually effect the ammo instead of the weapon)
  • - enemies' bodies ragdolling around the level ( why do them emit NO sound ? )

let's end here

i'm not talking about realism - I want to be immediatly sure what impact did my weapon on the environment - and I daresay - IMMEDIATELY because the game is fast paced - I\you\everybody except Rhino's - have NO time to verify their stealthyness on the spot 

It's not about reality - it's about playability ? but for now - it works exactly realistically .

so as you said - rip realism !

P.S. not least to mention that reality already have perfectly working firearms with innate silencers - Warframe still lacks this kind of weapons

p.p.s  you want to hear full sound - go on defence or cleanse - don't go stealthy missions ! Or you could remove the mod as well ! please be MORE constructive

Edited by wiedman