Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Helios Prime not quite beefy enough

VirtualViolet

Wyrm - Health: 200, Shields: 100, Armor: 50

Wyrm Prime: Health: 100, Shields: 300, Armor: 150...Difference: -100 Health (yuck!), +200 Shields, +100 Armor

Carrier - Health: 200, Shields: 100, Armor: 50

Carrier Prime - Health: 350, Shields: 100 Armor: 150...Difference: +150 Health, +0 Shields, +100 Armor

Helios - Health: 200, Shields: 100, Armor: 50

Helios Prime - Health: 250, Shields: 100, Armor: 100...Difference: +50 Health, +0 Shields, +50 Armor

Looks like Helios Prime is getting the shaft here in terms of stats.

I don't know, maybe you guys decided health and armor stats like Carrier Prime's are a bit much since the changes to Regen and the release of Primed Regen, but I'm disappointed that Helios Prime has that much less effective health than Carrier Prime. That extra 100 base health and 50 base armor makes a significant difference in EHP with Enhanced Vitality and Metal Fiber.

Could we get a little bump to HP and/or armor (or even shields) before or shortly after release? Maybe not quite as much health as Carrier Prime or as much shields as Wyrm Prime, but a bit more than the stats you've got for Helios Prime currently.

While you're at it, maybe Wyrm Prime could use a little more health, since health is much more important for survivability than shields.

Yeah, yeah, I know, the later trend is that every new prime has bigger and better stats than the previous primes....only that I think it doesn't have to be that way.

Helios P has the better weapon after all, so one doesn't have to invalidate the other. Even the normal variant of the Deconstructor hits like a damned truck.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

Honestly I never realized helios had more health than shields until just now, I just sort of figured with the corpus theme its shields would be larger.

1 minute ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Helios P has the better weapon after all, so one doesn't have to invalidate the other. Even the normal variant of the Deconstructor hits like a damned truck.

But the Deconstructor has some of the worst target acquisition in the game so I'm not sure I can hope for too much until they fix that issue since it still seems to be a thing, also while it might have the highest base damage of any primed weapon considering the mods available to shotguns as opposed to melee I'd think Sweeper Prime is still probably the best for DPS and it comes with the benefit of having no issue hitting things.

Just now, -Amaterasu- said:

Honestly I never realized helios had more health than shields until just now, I just sort of figured with the corpus theme its shields would be larger.

But the Deconstructor has some of the worst target acquisition in the game so I'm not sure I can hope for too much until they fix that issue since it still seems to be a thing, also while it might have the highest base damage of any primed weapon considering the mods available to shotguns as opposed to melee I'd think Sweeper Prime is still probably the best for DPS and it comes with the benefit of having no issue hitting things.

Do not get fooled by the stats alone. Since that thing shoots literal glaives, the resulting damage is somehow way way larger than what it should be. For example, when you are proccing gas or slash on high level targets...

16 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Yeah, yeah, I know, the later trend is that every new prime has bigger and better stats than the previous primes....only that I think it doesn't have to be that way.

I'm not saying it should be "bigger and better" than previous primes, just comparable in terms of survivability. And I couldn't care less about Deconstructor Prime, since I don't even have room for attack precepts on my sentinels. I use sentinels for their utility. I prefer to do the kiling myself.

16 hours ago, VirtualViolet said:

since health is much more important for survivability than shields

While I disagree with this as shields on Sentinels are MUCH more useful than on Warframes because they are subject to burst DPS more often than sustained, I agree with the general sentiments. (the health penalty is unneeded)

I would say that 300 Health and 200 Shields would be a fair balance between Carrier and Wyrm.