Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red Sands (Closed, IC)

bowiespoon

7 minutes ago, Sharpstriker said:

((Just throwing my hat in the ring for some fun))

Two cloaked individuals walk through the town. One had a vulkar wraith strapped to his back, while the other had nothing noticeable. 

((By the way, is there an OOC where I can put both of their weapons and abilities in or should I do it here?))

((Cloaked as in invisible, or cloaked as in wearing cloaks?))

((Also there should be an OOC now. It's not just my old OOC with the title changed, I swear....))

5 minutes ago, souldrive11 said:

(he makes a good point. can you edit the title for TUL, or do you have to make a new one?)

((That's what I was going to do anyway xD))

Edited by bowiespoon

28 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

The Salvage crew was already at the exit.

"Whatever you did to anger a tenno," the leader said quietly, backing away, "We want no part of. We've unlocked this door for you, and we're going to leave now. Without you. There are several settlements within a day or two's journey of here. If you move at night, you might be able to make it before dehydration sets in. I wish you luck, but you're on your own."

Several of the crew had weapons trained on the operatives as they all backed away. They weren't fools - these operatives were already dead men. No sense in joining them.

"Markus, don't touch the dead body outside. We're leaving. Now." the leader said.

Markus sounded like he was going to object, but something in the leader's tone made him stop.

"Got it boss."

"Please! Don't leave us here! We were ordered to find spare parts! I never signed up to fight a Tenno!" Begged the Operative.

On 2/27/2017 at 11:28 PM, Daakjenaar said:

"Please! Don't leave us here! We were ordered to find spare parts! I never signed up to fight a Tenno!" Begged the Operative.

The Salvage team continued to walk away.

"Head due north, you'll find a town. I'm really sorry, but I have the lives of my men to think about."

With a reluctant sigh, he unbuckled his canteen of water and tossed it to them.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do anything more for you."

With that, the crew turned around and broke into a run, bolting out of the ship as quickly as possible.

"Eric, for the love of everything holy, tell me that you did not touch that dead tenno!" It was distinctly possible that the tenno had been preventing the operatives from scrapping the ship. If that was the case, they needed to do their best to not touch anything. Even if that included a priceless corpse. All the money in the world was useless if they weren't alive to spend it.

"Don't worry boss, I didn't touch it. I was going to wait for you guys to get back before digging - wouldn't want to explain to our friends at the beacon why we were digging up the body."

"Thank god. Leave everything as you found it and get ready to head back to Deadwood as fast as possible. We aren't going to salvage in this area anymore."

"What happened in there?" Eric asked

"I'll tell you back at the bar, if we make it out alive."

Edited by bowiespoon

2 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

The Salvage team continued to walk away.

"Head due north, you'll find a town. I'm really sorry, but I have the lives of my men to think about."

With a reluctant sigh, he unbuckled his canteen of water and tossed it to them.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do anything more for you."

With that, the crew turned around and broke into a run, bolting out of the ship as quickly as possible.

"Markus, for the love of everything holy, tell me that you did not touch that dead tenno!" It was distinctly possible that the tenno had been preventing the operatives from scrapping the ship. If that was the case, they needed to do their best to not touch anything. Even if that included a priceless corpse. All the money in the world was useless if they weren't alive to spend it.

"Don't worry boss, I didn't touch it. I was going to wait for you guys to get back before digging - wouldn't want to explain to our friends at the beacon why we were digging up the body."

"Thank god. Leave everything as you found it and get ready to head back to Deadwood as fast as possible. We aren't going to salvage in this area anymore."

"What happened in there?" Markus asked

"I'll tell you back at the bar, if we make it out alive."

A moment later, they were interrupted by the sound of a shotgun being fired at one of them.

"Somehow, I doubt you will." Said a voice.

Up above the sand blasted and baked settlement of Deadwood, two cloaked ships lie hidden in a natural cavern overlooking the buildings below, arriving the previous day under the cover of night. Inside one of the two crafts, two figures laid on a retractable bed, hidden under the covers. Even though they had taken a slower trajectory to Mars, the mental exhaustion from the previous excursion on Pluto still lingers.

One of the figures tried to get out of the self made bed, but found themselves locked in a vice like grip by the other, happily snoring away with a cat grin on their face. Mentally sighing, the first figure switches to a more hands off approach as their mind's eye expanded outward. Ingredients and utensils flew out of their storage and danced through the air like a ghostly parade, though the clanging and banging of their movements was barely registrable as most of the sounds were muffled by the room's materials. A few minutes later, the smell of freshly cooked meat wafts through the air as four sets of fully loaded breakfast sandwiches and cups of tea floated with a practiced invisible hand to the small lounge in the right corner.

"...mmm, is that ham I smell~?"

"...you don't get any if you don't let go..."

"Aww, but it's so warm and soft and squishy in here~"

...what are you implying...?"

"Don't worry about it, it just means there's more of you for me to love~"

In response to that, the first figure mentally tosses the blankets off them, and lifts both of them straight into the cryopod turned shower/bath to the left of the bed before turning the cold water full blast. Out of the last corner, two beasts stir from their own beds, awakened by the smell of fresh food.

"NYAAAAA~!!! ALRIGHT, I'M SORRY I'M SORRY, YOU WIN~!!!!"

À small smile creeps over the first figure's snow white face as the torrent of water changes to warm temperatures before leaving as quickly as it came, the self designed interior of the pod currently set to wash and dry in a short period of time.

The pair quickly exit the pod and the second of the two pounces straight onto the platters of food at the sunken table. 

"...you're going to get sick running around like that..." the first figure mentally whispers, as a set of Saita suits floats out from under the bed.

"What, don't like what you see~?" the second figure muses, shoulder length black hair flooping down over her ebony face like a wild child.

"...do I have to dress you too...?"

"Yes mom~" the figure teases, as a line of void snakes out of her hand and grabs one of the outfits. Keeping the sandwich in her mouth, she stretches the neckhole and slides the rest of herself inside, the suit contracting to the shape of her contours. as the first figure follows suit.

Mealtime goes by quickly, and with all needs fulfilled their thoughts turned towards the outside.

"You don't think there's gonna be a set of signs that will lead us right to the key cutters do you~?" The girl asks in jest as she downs the hot tea like water, seemingly completely unaffected by the scalding hot liquid.

"...somehow I doubt they publicly advertise their movements..." The first girl snarks, as the dishes float through the air to the sealed self cleaning sink.

"...for now lets head below and see what we can learn..."

"I hope there's bartering down there, I've still got quite a few unopened bottles from that fourth ring and frozen ship that's worth their weight in ducats~!"

"...recon first, satisfying your thirst only if there's time..." the albino girl lectures, as she closes her eyes on the miniature sofa.

"Fiiiine~" the ebony girl teases, making an exaggerated pout. "See you outsidethen~" 

When the albino girl opens her eyes again, she was sitting on the floor in the middle of the armory upstairs, various weapons being lowered from the ceiling and wall behind her by manipulators. A battle rifle and a set of submachine guns were quietly plucked out of the air and holstered onto her back before fading from view. (turning off the visible when holstered effect in the weapon effects) As she enters the port elevator to the hanger below a double blade polearm levitates off the foundry after spending the night being tuned and sharpened before joining the rest of the girl's loadout.

The girl is quickly joined by the two kubrow earlier before the elevator door closes, now armored in full Kasava P gear.. A quick walk later and the hanger doors silently open, the first traces of sunrise striking her golden horn while the wind howls around her. As the frame and the two armored pets trek over to the cliff ledge, they are joined by an equally shiny gold and white cat, the frame quickly putting an arm around her in a tight hug.

"I should've splurged on one of those fancy hats made the last time we were in a relay, we could've gotten a a matching set~"

"...because winning the trust of the locals is as simple as wearing the right hat and having the right sigil slapped on your back, right...?"

"For sure darlin', these cool cats have always got class~" the other frame muses, pulling out a southern drawl accent straight out of the old pre-war records.

"GERONIMOOOO~!!!!!" The Valkyr shouts, before bullet jumping and sliding down the cliff face towards the settlement.

"...note to self, start checking her record collection..." the Nyx mentally mutters, as she begins to fade from view. As the last of her feet become transparent, they join the Valkyr who's already a third of the way down the cliff face.

59 minutes ago, Sharpstriker said:

((Just throwing my hat in the ring for some fun))

Two cloaked individuals walk through the town. One had a vulkar wraith strapped to his back, while the other had nothing noticeable. 

((By the way, is there an OOC where I can put both of their weapons and abilities in or should I do it here?))

Arraz glanced at the two figures, or rather, at the vulkar wraith. On Arraz's own back was a cloth bundle stuffed full of every sniper imaginable, with save for the snipetron vandal and the vulkar wraith. He had never been able to acquire them, to his dismay. He eyed the cloaked figure's weapon enviously before walking over.

"You new in town?" he asked cheerfully. It never hurt to be cheerful. Especially when your entire lower jaw was a disturbing metallic replacement. He had lost his real jaw about a year ago, violently ripped out by... well, he still wasn't entirely sure.

"You here for work, or striking out on your own?"

23 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

A moment later, they were interrupted by the sound of a shotgun being fired at one of them.

"Somehow, I doubt you will." Said a voice.

"Oh hell..."

"L-listen! We d-didn't mean to invade!" the leader said nervously, unable to see who had been shot. "We were j-just leaving actually! W-we didn't take anything! No h-harm, no foul, right?"

A trickle of sweat ran down his forehead.

"Please," he whispered, barely audible, "Just let us go."

Edited by bowiespoon

1 minute ago, bowiespoon said:

"Oh hell..."

"L-listen! We d-didn't mean to invade!" the leader said nervously, unable to see who had been shot. "We were j-just leaving actually! W-we didn't take anything! No h-harm, no foul, right?"

A trickle of sweat ran down his forehead.

"Please," he whispered, barely audible, "Just let us go."

The voice now came from directly behind him, along with the two blades of a Redeemer.

"I'm afraid there can't be any witnesses. Those operatives in the ship are already dead."

1 minute ago, bowiespoon said:

Arraz glanced at the two figures, or rather, at the vulkar wraith. On Arraz's own back was a cloth bundle stuffed full of every sniper imaginable, with save for the snipetron vandal and the vulkar wraith. He had never been able to acquire them, to his dismay. He eyed the cloaked figure's weapon enviously before walking over.

"You new in town?" he asked cheerfully. It never hurt to be cheerful. Especially when your entire lower jaw was a disturbing metallic replacement. He had lost his real jaw about a year ago, violently ripped out by... well, he still wasn't entirely sure.

"You here for work, or striking out on your own?"

Zaben: "Zabens the name, and that's Rakan. If you got the credits, then we'll take on any job you have to offer. If you know a guy in need of workers, same deal to them. I also agree, there's nothing wrong with being cheerful, however out hear, that can make you look suspicious. By the way, that's quite the look you gave earlier."

Just now, Daakjenaar said:

The voice now came from directly behind him, along with the two blades of a Redeemer.

"I'm afraid there can't be any witnesses. Those operatives in the ship are already dead."

"W-wait!" the leader said suddenly, "If you kill us, people were assumed we were killed because we found something valuable out here! But if we returned to the settlement empty-handed, people will assume that there's nothing out here!"

"As for witnesses, none of us will talk. We aren't stupid enough to cross a tenno. Besides, who would ever believe us anyway? Please, don't kill us!"

He spoke faster and faster as he went, his heart pounding in his chest.

2 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

"W-wait!" the leader said suddenly, "If you kill us, people were assumed we were killed because we found something valuable out here! But if we returned to the settlement empty-handed, people will assume that there's nothing out here!"

"As for witnesses, none of us will talk. We aren't stupid enough to cross a tenno. Besides, who would ever believe us anyway? Please, don't kill us!"

He spoke faster and faster as he went, his heart pounding in his chest.

There was no response from the Tenno. He had already made it clear he was able to cloak, so this was probably him letting them go.

3 minutes ago, Sharpstriker said:

Zaben: "Zabens the name, and that's Rakan. If you got the credits, then we'll take on any job you have to offer. If you know a guy in need of workers, same deal to them. I also agree, there's nothing wrong with being cheerful, however out hear, that can make you look suspicious. By the way, that's quite the look you gave earlier."

"I've something of a history with that model of gun," Arraz laughed, "I've tried to buy or earn my own several times, but every attempt has failed miserably. As for being suspicious," he smiled disarmingly. Or tried to. Having a robotic jaw made any facial expression look menacing. "I'm harmless. Don't worry, the only times I'm dangerous are when you can't see me.
He pointed at his bundle of snipers to indicate his point.

"I don't have any work for you, but there is always a salvage crew in need of hired guns. Most have already headed out, but a few are still here." he snapped his fingers, "Tell you what, why don't you take my contract? I've been wanting to visit an old friend of mine in one of the other settlements for a while now, but I'm loathe to leave this crew undefended."

He held out a hand.

"Arraz, by the way. Pleasure to meet you, Zaban."

9 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

"I've something of a history with that model of gun," Arraz laughed, "I've tried to buy or earn my own several times, but every attempt has failed miserably. As for being suspicious," he smiled disarmingly. Or tried to. Having a robotic jaw made any facial expression look menacing. "I'm harmless. Don't worry, the only times I'm dangerous are when you can't see me.
He pointed at his bundle of snipers to indicate his point.

"I don't have any work for you, but there is always a salvage crew in need of hired guns. Most have already headed out, but a few are still here." he snapped his fingers, "Tell you what, why don't you take my contract? I've been wanting to visit an old friend of mine in one of the other settlements for a while now, but I'm loathe to leave this crew undefended."

He held out a hand.

"Arraz, by the way. Pleasure to meet you, Zaban."

((Suspicious in both positive and negative context. Like if some found something valuable and they had a cheerful look because they're life might have just turned around. That look might be a dead giveaway that the person has something worth stealing.))

Zaben: Pleasures mine, Rakan obtained that after making one of the longest shots in grinder history. Now, how much are we talking here for our fee. 

((I'm going to bed, see you later))

7 hours ago, souldrive11 said:

Up above the sand blasted and baked settlement of Deadwood, two cloaked ships lie hidden in a natural cavern overlooking the buildings below, arriving the previous day under the cover of night. Inside one of the two crafts, two figures laid on a retractable bed, hidden under the covers. Even though they had taken a slower trajectory to Mars, the mental exhaustion from the previous excursion on Pluto still lingers.

One of the figures tried to get out of the self made bed, but found themselves locked in a vice like grip by the other, happily snoring away with a cat grin on their face. Mentally sighing, the first figure switches to a more hands off approach as their mind's eye expanded outward. Ingredients and utensils flew out of their storage and danced through the air like a ghostly parade, though the clanging and banging of their movements was barely registrable as most of the sounds were muffled by the room's materials. A few minutes later, the smell of freshly cooked meat wafts through the air as four sets of fully loaded breakfast sandwiches and cups of tea floated with a practiced invisible hand to the small lounge in the right corner.

"...mmm, is that ham I smell~?"

"...you don't get any if you don't let go..."

"Aww, but it's so warm and soft and squishy in here~"

...what are you implying...?"

"Don't worry about it, it just means there's more of you for me to love~"

In response to that, the first figure mentally tosses the blankets off them, and lifts both of them straight into the cryopod turned shower/bath to the left of the bed before turning the cold water full blast. Out of the last corner, two beasts stir from their own beds, awakened by the smell of fresh food.

"NYAAAAA~!!! ALRIGHT, I'M SORRY I'M SORRY, YOU WIN~!!!!"

À small smile creeps over the first figure's snow white face as the torrent of water changes to warm temperatures before leaving as quickly as it came, the self designed interior of the pod currently set to wash and dry in a short period of time.

The pair quickly exit the pod and the second of the two pounces straight onto the platters of food at the sunken table. 

"...you're going to get sick running around like that..." the first figure mentally whispers, as a set of Saita suits floats out from under the bed.

"What, don't like what you see~?" the second figure muses, shoulder length black hair flooping down over her ebony face like a wild child.

"...do I have to dress you too...?"

"Yes mom~" the figure teases, as a line of void snakes out of her hand and grabs one of the outfits. Keeping the sandwich in her mouth, she stretches the neckhole and slides the rest of herself inside, the suit contracting to the shape of her contours. as the first figure follows suit.

Mealtime goes by quickly, and with all needs fulfilled their thoughts turned towards the outside.

"You don't think there's gonna be a set of signs that will lead us right to the key cutters do you~?" The girl asks in jest as she downs the hot tea like water, seemingly completely unaffected by the scalding hot liquid.

"...somehow I doubt they publicly advertise their movements..." The first girl snarks, as the dishes float through the air to the sealed self cleaning sink.

"...for now lets head below and see what we can learn..."

"I hope there's bartering down there, I've still got quite a few unopened bottles from that fourth ring and frozen ship that's worth their weight in ducats~!"

"...recon first, satisfying your thirst only if there's time..." the albino girl lectures, as she closes her eyes on the miniature sofa.

"Fiiiine~" the ebony girl teases, making an exaggerated pout. "See you outsidethen~" 

When the albino girl opens her eyes again, she was sitting on the floor in the middle of the armory upstairs, various weapons being lowered from the ceiling and wall behind her by manipulators. A battle rifle and a set of submachine guns were quietly plucked out of the air and holstered onto her back before fading from view. (turning off the visible when holstered effect in the weapon effects) As she enters the port elevator to the hanger below a double blade polearm levitates off the foundry after spending the night being tuned and sharpened before joining the rest of the girl's loadout.

The girl is quickly joined by the two kubrow earlier before the elevator door closes, now armored in full Kasava P gear.. A quick walk later and the hanger doors silently open, the first traces of sunrise striking her golden horn while the wind howls around her. As the frame and the two armored pets trek over to the cliff ledge, they are joined by an equally shiny gold and white cat, the frame quickly putting an arm around her in a tight hug.

"I should've splurged on one of those fancy hats made the last time we were in a relay, we could've gotten a a matching set~"

"...because winning the trust of the locals is as simple as wearing the right hat and having the right sigil slapped on your back, right...?"

"For sure darlin', these cool cats have always got class~" the other frame muses, pulling out a southern drawl accent straight out of the old pre-war records.

"GERONIMOOOO~!!!!!" The Valkyr shouts, before bullet jumping and sliding down the cliff face towards the settlement.

"...note to self, start checking her record collection..." the Nyx mentally mutters, as she begins to fade from view. As the last of her feet become transparent, they join the Valkyr who's already a third of the way down the cliff face.

Dalton sat in his small shack, watching the Valkyr skid down the cliff face. Like all the other settlements, Deadwood was built alongside a small cliff face to shield itself from the periodic sandstorms that blew through the area.

"Great now the tenno are here," Dalton muttered, "Hopefully they don't help this place like they 'helped' Pluto."

"I dunno," J'Taav said, entering the doorway, "I thought that they did an alright job."

Dalton jumped out of his seat and leveled a revolver at J'Taav.

"Relax," the old grineer said, "I'm just here to return something."

He pulled out a pair of vipers. Dalton's eyes widened as he recognized them. Those were the pistols he had made for that tenno girl back on pluto. That meant....

"She's dead then?" he said bluntly, lowering his gun.

"Unfortunately," J'Taav replied, setting the twin vipers down onto a nearby table. "It's rather inconvenient state to be in, to be certain."

Dalton said nothing. The grineer hadn't left yet, meaning that he still had something to say.

"When Sarah finally managed to overcome that impediment, would you mind giving these back to her?"

Dalton said nothing.

"Oh, and tell her that her old CO has a favor he needs to ask of her, would you?"

Dalton said nothing.

"Well, aren't you a pleasant fellow." J'Taav said with a grimace.

"No." Dalton said bluntly. J'Taav left, and Dalton looked down at the pair of vipers he had left on the table. Well, it was a long shot that the tenno about have been able to kill him anyway...

Edited by bowiespoon

5 hours ago, Daakjenaar said:

There was no response from the Tenno. He had already made it clear he was able to cloak, so this was probably him letting them go.

The leader could have wept in relief that moment. After waiting for a few seconds, the group burst into a dead run out of the fomorian, never once looking back as they fled into the desert.

12 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

The leader could have wept in relief that moment. After waiting for a few seconds, the group burst into a dead run out of the fomorian, never once looking back as they fled into the desert.

The Tenno decloaked, revealing him to be a Loki. He walked back into the Formorian through a damaged part of the hull.

16 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

Dalton sat in his small shack, watching the Valkyr skid down the cliff face. Like all the other settlements, Deadwood was built alongside a small cliff face to shield itself from the periodic sandstorms that blew through the area.

"Great now the tenno are here," Dalton muttered, "Hopefully they don't help this place like they 'helped' Pluto."

"I dunno," J'Taav said, entering the doorway, "I thought that they did an alright job."

Dalton jumped out of his seat and leveled a revolver at J'Taav.

"Relax," the old grineer said, "I'm just here to return something."

He pulled out a pair of vipers. Dalton's eyes widened as he recognized them. Those were the pistols he had made for that tenno girl back on pluto. That meant....

"She's dead then?" he said bluntly, lowering his gun.

"Unfortunately," J'Taav replied, setting the twin vipers down onto a nearby table. "It's rather inconvenient state to be in, to be certain."

Dalton said nothing. The grineer hadn't left yet, meaning that he still had something to say.

"When Sarah finally managed to overcome that impediment, would you mind giving these back to her?"

Dalton said nothing.

"Oh, and tell her that her old CO has a favor he needs to ask of her, would you?"

Dalton said nothing.

"Well, aren't you a pleasant fellow." J'Taav said with a grimace.

"No." Dalton said bluntly. J'Taav left, and Dalton looked down at the pair of vipers he had left on the table. Well, it was a long shot that the tenno about have been able to kill him anyway...

As she slides down the adjacent cliff, the Valkyr fires off a ripline over the rooftops of the settlement on the other side, it`s snake-like whip razor thin hard blending in with the morning sky.

Sufficiently anchored, the pair quickly fly through the space as Aria pulls the pair over, detaching the line as they barely graze the rooftops of several of the higher buildings. Letting momentum carry them the rest of the way, they quickly slide and roll over several buildings before crouching to a stop. 

Afterwards, they begin scouting the rooftops in true stealth fashion, looking for entryways and places to tap into to what little infonet there was.

A decent ways above the planet, a small cloaked ship floated above the planet. Two figures inside looked over the information that had been given to them by command. 

"...the device is located on a ship that was spotted in this sector. That planet below you is a massive expanse of ruined fighters, warships and carriers. I want you to get the reliquary at any cost. Even if it means civilian casualties." A voice instructed the two figures. A nod came from both as they switched off the the holographic video screen.

"How the hell are we going to find it? Tear every ship apart looking for it? We'll be spending years down there!" The larger figure exclaimed looking at his partner.

"Did it occur to you that we could find information from the local inhabitants on the surface?" His partner asked in response.

The larger of the two shook his head with a small whine. 

"Well that's what we're going to do." 

The ship de-cloaked and entered Mars' atmosphere. It was silent and almost impossible to spot unless somebody was actively looking for it. The ship landed on the planet silently and the two passengers dropped out. The ship then took off and went back into the atmosphere of the planet. Off in the distance, they could see what looked like a small settlement. 

The duo began their trek towards the civilization. They bolted on all fours through the harsh terrain leaving twin trails of Red Sand behind them. Before long they reached the entrance of the place.  

Edited by (PS4)SuperShadic445

21 hours ago, Sharpstriker said:

((Suspicious in both positive and negative context. Like if some found something valuable and they had a cheerful look because they're life might have just turned around. That look might be a dead giveaway that the person has something worth stealing.))

Zaben: Pleasures mine, Rakan obtained that after making one of the longest shots in grinder history. Now, how much are we talking here for our fee. 

((I'm going to bed, see you later))

"Usually, you get paid a percentage of the salvage. The amount you earn daily can vary greatly, depending on how well the crew you're protecting did. If your crew makes a big find you can collect quite a tidy sum."

4 hours ago, souldrive11 said:

As she slides down the adjacent cliff, the Valkyr fires off a ripline over the rooftops of the settlement on the other side, it`s snake-like whip razor thin hard blending in with the morning sky.

Sufficiently anchored, the pair quickly fly through the space as Aria pulls the pair over, detaching the line as they barely graze the rooftops of several of the higher buildings. Letting momentum carry them the rest of the way, they quickly slide and roll over several buildings before crouching to a stop. 

Afterwards, they begin scouting the rooftops in true stealth fashion, looking for entryways and places to tap into to what little infonet there was.

The settlement was almost entirely low-tech, due to limited resources and a desire to avoid advertising the settlement's location. A single stray transmission could bring an entire grineer fleet down on them, so they tried to rely on technology as little as possible.

J'Taav strolled out of a nearby shack, whistling a strange tune.

4 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

"Usually, you get paid a percentage of the salvage. The amount you earn daily can vary greatly, depending on how well the crew you're protecting did. If your crew makes a big find you can collect quite a tidy sum."

Zaben: "Very well, have problems occurred on previous salvages?"

13 minutes ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

A decent ways above the planet, a small cloaked ship floated above the planet. Two figures inside looked over the information that had been given to them by command. 

"...the device is located on a ship that was spotted in this sector. That planet below you is a massive expanse of ruined fighters, warships and carriers. I want you to get the reliquary at any cost. Even if it means civilian casualties." A voice instructed the two figures. A nod came from both as they switched off the the holographic video screen.

"How the hell are we going to find it? Tear every ship apart looking for it? We'll be spending years down there!" The larger figure exclaimed looking at his partner.

"Did it occur to you that we could find information from the local inhabitants on the surface?" His partner asked in response.

The larger of the two shook his head with a small whine. 

"Well that's what we're going to do." 

The ship de-cloaked and entered Mars' atmosphere. It was silent and almost impossible to spot unless somebody was actively looking for it. The ship landed on the planet silently and the two passengers dropped out. The ship then took off and went back into the atmosphere of the planet. Off in the distance, they could see what looked like a small settlement. 

The duo began their trek towards the civilization. They bolted on all fours through the harsh terrain leaving twin trails of Red Sand behind them. Before long they reached the entrance of the place.  

At the edge of the settlement, there was a crudely painted sign that read 'Deadwood'. A few armed men were clustered together a block away, but there were no guards to the settlement.

Deadwood appeared to be a collection of hastily-constructed shacks made of nearby scrap more than any sort of town.

1 minute ago, Sharpstriker said:

Zaben: "Very well, have problems occurred on previous salvages?"

"With no law out here, there is a rather high amount of banditry going on. Salvage crews are getting attacked for their goods. Hence the need to hire security."

9 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

The Salvaging crew went out sight as they ran past a corpus obelisk.

Tarnas wandered through the corridors of the Formorian. This wreckage had provided him with shelter several years ago, after he was abandoned by his team. He still returned every once in a while, as a reminder.

Before he had been trapped on this planet, he was weak. Pitiful. He had been held back by his own mind. After a few years of constant pain and isolation, Tarnas had dealt with that barrier, and he became more efficient. And deadly.

(This is part of my plan to basically reveal why Tarnas is kind of insane and give him a real backstory.)