Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red Sands (Closed, IC)

bowiespoon

8 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

"I think that 10% had best remain with us, friend. Otherwise, we might just forget which patches of sand are safe to walk on." the man closest to them said with a sly grin.

((I know I gave this RP a western-vibe, but I didn't think we'd be paraphrasing the good, the bad, and the ugly this soon!))

Zaben: "yes I know 20% is potentially a lot of money, but i'm certain we'll prove that we earned it."

((you have now awakened the reference side of me, so this is going to be a fine ride.))

41 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

Tarnas walked through the streets of Deadwood, his Redeemer on his back. He shoved anyone in his path out of the way. He only came here because he had a feeling that someone was here. Someone dangerous. Someone he had to deal with.

He knew the easiest way of finding whoever he was looking for would be staying in plain sight. If they tried to ambush him, he always had his decoys.

(Gut feelings are always right. Most of the time.)

((There are a LOT of dangerous people here, actually. So many that I'm not sure who exactly Tarnas is thinking of.))

16 minutes ago, Sharpstriker said:

Zaben: "yes I know 20% is potentially a lot of money, but i'm certain we'll prove that we earned it."

((you have now awakened the reference side of me, so this is going to be a fine ride.))

The man sighed, and rubbed his temple

"I'll go to 15%, but no higher."

Just now, Sharpstriker said:

Zaben: "Much obliged."

Rakan lightly bows his head in thanks.

Zaben: "So, where is the salvage site, and when are we planning on setting out?"

"Pretty soon now. I wanna wait out the worst of the heat before we strike out into the desert. I'll let you guess why."

He downed the rest of his shot glass in a single gulp.

1 hour ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

There was a hiss and a click as the helmet of the Wolf retracted to reveal a Jet Black wolf underneath
"Good think we aren't proxies" The animal smirked

The larger feline retracted its helmet as well to reveal its Snow White fur. 

"So you wouldn't mind helping a couple of people passing through would ya'?" 

((I'll admit, not what I was expecting))

((Sorry your post got buried))

The bartender blinked a few times, as if to confirm that his eyes weren't playing tricks on him.

"That depends, you gonna buy something?" the bartender said, quickly reverting to his previous bored stance. He had seen all manner of strange characters pass through his establishment. Although they were strange, they were just another oddity.

3 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

"Pretty soon now. I wanna wait out the worst of the heat before we strike out into the desert. I'll let you guess why."

He downed the rest of his shot glass in a single gulp.

Zaben looks over to the bartender and tosses three bags, one being a decent size bag of credits, and the other two being water pouches which he asks the bartender "would you please fill those up. That payment should suffice."

After the pouches were filled up with alcohol, Rakan leaves the bar.

Not seeming to care, Zaben asks, "any of the bandit groups around here any good. We don't take on this kind of work often so I was wondering what your take on them was?"

43 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

((There are a LOT of dangerous people here, actually. So many that I'm not sure who exactly Tarnas is thinking of.))

(Mostly setting up for some kind of fight and/or big reveal, depending on how this goes.)

20 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

((Ah, okay, so he was referring to one of your pcs. Now things make a lot more sense.))

(Really, I'm just waiting for someone to encounter Tarnas in some way. Random bystander, random character, etc.)

5 hours ago, Daakjenaar said:

(Really, I'm just waiting for someone to encounter Tarnas in some way. Random bystander, random character, etc.)

((I think I have an idea as to who he could encounter. Ill shoot you a post when I have the time to write it out.))

7 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

((I'll admit, not what I was expecting))

((Sorry your post got buried))

The bartender blinked a few times, as if to confirm that his eyes weren't playing tricks on him.

"That depends, you gonna buy something?" the bartender said, quickly reverting to his previous bored stance. He had seen all manner of strange characters pass through his establishment. Although they were strange, they were just another oddity.

((They never do))

"I see no harm in doing so." The Wolf shrugged

"Give me the strongest drink you've got. Same for my friend over there as well"  

18 hours ago, Daakjenaar said:

Tarnas walked through the streets of Deadwood, his Redeemer on his back. He shoved anyone in his path out of the way. He only came here because he had a feeling that someone was here. Someone dangerous. Someone he had to deal with.

He knew the easiest way of finding whoever he was looking for would be staying in plain sight. If they tried to ambush him, he always had his decoys.

(Gut feelings are always right. Most of the time.)

A black crow-like creature landed on a nearby signpost. It cawed loudly as another one perched nearby. And another. And another. And another. Soon enough, a whole flock of them were staring down at Tarnas.

Then as one, the took flight. As they flew off, a long shadow fell over Tarnas, and the sound of footsteps several meters behind him could be heard.

17 hours ago, Sharpstriker said:

Zaben looks over to the bartender and tosses three bags, one being a decent size bag of credits, and the other two being water pouches which he asks the bartender "would you please fill those up. That payment should suffice."

After the pouches were filled up with alcohol, Rakan leaves the bar.

Not seeming to care, Zaben asks, "any of the bandit groups around here any good. We don't take on this kind of work often so I was wondering what your take on them was?"

9 hours ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

((They never do))

"I see no harm in doing so." The Wolf shrugged

"Give me the strongest drink you've got. Same for my friend over there as well"  

"The skill of the bandits out here varies widely. Most are just refugee's turning to crime out of desperation, but scattered among them are true legends - the kind of people who could fill graveyards with the people they've killed." the bartender said to Zaben

He poured the wolf two drinks.

"Problem is, it's hard to tell how skilled the person you're fighting is until they're shooting at you."

24 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

A black crow-like creature landed on a nearby signpost. It cawed loudly as another one perched nearby. And another. And another. And another. Soon enough, a whole flock of them were staring down at Tarnas.

Then as one, the took flight. As they flew off, a long shadow fell over Tarnas, and the sound of footsteps several meters behind him could be heard.

Tarnas stopped walking, but didn't turn around. He didn't reach for his weapon.

21 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

"The skill of the bandits out here varies widely. Most are just refugee's turning to crime out of desperation, but scattered among them are true legends - the kind of people who could fill graveyards with the people they've killed." the bartender said to Zaben.

Zaben: "interesting, not that we're unfamiliar with those kinds of people, but still." 

1 hour ago, bowiespoon said:

"The skill of the bandits out here varies widely. Most are just refugee's turning to crime out of desperation, but scattered among them are true legends - the kind of people who could fill graveyards with the people they've killed." the bartender said to Zaben

He poured the wolf two drinks.

"Problem is, it's hard to tell how skilled the person you're fighting is until they're shooting at you."

The wolf gulped down the drink and handed his partner the other.

"Good to know. However, my compatriot and I are looking for a specific ship that was last reported crashing into the surface of the planet. Heard anything of any odd magnetic happenings or anything?" 

3 hours ago, Daakjenaar said:

Tarnas stopped walking, but didn't turn around. He didn't reach for his weapon.

The Constable stood still, hands in the pockets of his grey duster. His head was lowered slightly, and his hat shaded his face from view.

After the several seconds of silence, the man resumed walking.

22 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

Dalton was quietly disassembling and cleaning the pair of vipers, muttering to himself. His shack was rather spartan in terms of furnishing: A bed, a desk, and a chair comprised the entirety of his abode.

Making sure nobody was particularly paying attention, the pair of Tenno quickly sneaked in through the open doorway. Leaning on the inner wall, Aria gave a quick rap on the wall.

"Top o' the morn to ya~"

1 hour ago, bowiespoon said:

The Constable stood still, hands in the pockets of his grey duster. His head was lowered slightly, and his hat shaded his face from view.

After the several seconds of silence, the man resumed walking.

Tarnas still didn't turn around.
"Are you looking to die?"

2 hours ago, souldrive11 said:

Making sure nobody was particularly paying attention, the pair of Tenno quickly sneaked in through the open doorway. Leaning on the inner wall, Aria gave a quick rap on the wall.

"Top o' the morn to ya~"

Several things happened at once. Dalton jumped out of his seat, startled, as the partially-assembled viper clattered to the ground. Even as this happened, several rounds were fired at Aria, and a long string of colorful curses could be heard from Dalton

6 hours ago, Sharpstriker said:

Zaben: "interesting, not that we're unfamiliar with those kinds of people, but still." 

"Well, expect to get a lot more familiar with them if you're going out there."

4 hours ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

The wolf gulped down the drink and handed his partner the other.

"Good to know. However, my compatriot and I are looking for a specific ship that was last reported crashing into the surface of the planet. Heard anything of any odd magnetic happenings or anything?" 

"Crews don't like to talk about what they see outside Deadwood. They don't want the other teams to get any sort of information. I can't help you, you'd have to ask them."

Edited by bowiespoon

4 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

Several things happened at once. Dalton jumped out of his seat, startled, as the partially-assembled viper clattered to the ground. Even as this happened, several rounds were fired at Aria, and a long string of colorful curses could be heard from Dalton

Aria's right arm lashed out like a trap, plucking each round from the air like a Kavat on snacks. Between her heightened reflexes and senses, the Valkyr was in a good enough state that catching incoming objects was child's play.

"Haven't had your morning coffee I take it~?" Aria cheerfully muses, dropping the bullets on the table with a slight clink.