Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Apology (of Sorts) and Future RPs

NationalGuard5

Greetings from San Diego, every Tenno. The only place Vay Hek hasn't visited on Earth.

Lemme just say that I love RP'ing. Doesn't matter who (or what) is involved. Heck, I enjoyed being in Kuraio's RPs, even if they "spiraled out of control."

In terms of me, I don't know how the DE community views me. Silly? Optimistic? Weird? Funny? Narcissistic (geez I hope not.)?

My RPs, I've noticed, die (insert the Ganon "DIE." meme here) due to a few reasons: Not many people are familiar with certain culture references (although, how could one NOT know of the original Ghostbusters?), odd RP backgrounds, or just...being random...I guess.

I honestly try to think of unique settings for RPs. It's just that I get excited when people start replying.

So for future RPs, I'll try to cater to the community, but expect a "refined" Ghostbusters-styled RP later on.

One thing I appreciate is constructive criticism. Let me know what I'm doing right and wrong.

On a random note (yes, I'm a happy-go-lucky, optimistic, "random" guy), this is back at Disneyland, but only until the end of June (IT'S THE 45TH ANNIVERSARY!):

No need to say sorry at all here.

I'm not 100% sure why not many people join your rps, but I assume that people would rather want to rp in lore-friendly / canon / non-crossover rps (unless it's something that could work, and isn't too silly / random, like shimmering, which is a warframe / dark sector crossover).

My awnser isn't 100% correct though. There will most likely be other reasons I assume

Edited by crimsonspartan1

23 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

No need to say sorry at all here.

I'm not 100% sure why not many people join your rps, but I assume that people would rather want to rp in lore-friendly / cannon / non-crossover (unless it's something that could work, and isn't too silly / random, like shimmering, which is a warframe / dark sector crossover).

My awnser isn't 100% correct though. There will most likely be other reasons I assume

Most likely it is as Guard said and his references are too obscure in certain countries, cultures or communities. I never even heard of ghostbusters until Guard first brought it up, for example. Most likely due to a culture gap, a difference in country or a difference in community.

On 2/28/2017 at 3:18 PM, KuraioNokami said:

Most likely it is as Guard said and his references are too obscure in certain countries, cultures or communities. I never even heard of ghostbusters until Guard first brought it up, for example. Most likely due to a culture gap, a difference in country or a difference in community.

I understand that now. When I made the RP, I assumed that the world (all 7.bla billion) heard of the original Ghostbusters. Silly me. Again, when people I tag reply, I get excited, and I can't help it. It's in my nature.

• 3 weeks later...