Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Euphona Prime is alt fire done wrong.

Senguash

I couldn't agree with you more op, there's no point in it having an alt fire if you have to choose just one mode when modding it. I would actually prefer it if euphona had the crit stats on both versions, even if it's weaker than the op Tgris p build, I don't need another Tigris p.

On 2/28/2017 at 6:09 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

I simply disagree completely with the entire premise of this thread. I do not think there is anything wrong with a weapon with two fire modes where you need to mod between missions if you want either fire mode to be fully optimal. 

It's called making you make a choice. Weapon modding is supposed to be about making decisions and not just having your cake and eating it too. If you want to optimize one mode, either status or crit, you can mod for that. Or you can mod it more generically for straight damage and switch between the modes more during the mission. This gives you three distinct options. I do not see anything wrong with this or the design of the weapon. I think this is alt fire done right

Then what's the point of even giving it alt fire? I could just switch to a different weapon in between missions

Edit: not to mention switching weapons is actually quicker and more convenient since I just switch one weapon instead of four different mods

Edited by (PS4)za450013
Adding stuff

DE, please understand this situation and read this.
I know making double modding system is complicated, but it is for the good of Warframe. (Dark Split-Sword, Zarr, Quanta, Euphona)

Alternate fix for Euphona is to make the alt fire mode NO CRIT at all, but instead, allow 50% or 100% status chance to balance it out.
Or for continent sake, make the crit stats the same for both.

Edited by --DSP--

Please change it so that when I press the Euphona Prime's alt-fire button, that it cycles between the 2 firing modes, rather than actually firing. The reason for this plea is that I primarily use the shotgun burst and repeatedly pressing down r3 is giving me thumb pain that I haven't experienced since the n64.

Unpopular opinion here, since I play a hybrid build and my alt-fire key is easy to use, I actually like it this way, less overhead for using different firemodes.

Edit: I do play on PC though, don't know how it would affect my opinion if I was on console.

Edited by bluepheonix13

Just now, bluepheonix13 said:

Unpopular opinion here, since I play a hybrid build and my alt-fire key is easy to use, I actually like it this way, less overhead for using different firemodes.

for PC players, true...for consoles or controller users on pc...its definitely a royal pain.

Just now, xcynderx said:

for PC players, true...for consoles or controller users on pc...its definitely a royal pain.

I'm gonna go ahead and propose a solution, that will make all people happy:

Give us an option in the settings to switch between both types (Zarr/Stradavar vs. Euphona) and make that preference affect any weapon which has an alt-fire.

1 hour ago, (PS4)rednalad said:

Please change it so that when I press the Euphona Prime's alt-fire button, that it cycles between the 2 firing modes

Exact same problem Panthera has, though of course no one cares since panthera is worthless fodder and Euphona is the new meta.

Hey, DE, feel free to change it on panthera too while you're at it, thanks.

On 2/28/2017 at 11:47 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

Again, I disagree -- although you are obviously entitled to disagree with me. I don't see alternate fire as being "supposed to be" anything. It can be whatever our or their imaginations can come up with. Alternate fire just means there is an alternate method of fire, I don't see how it is supposed to fit some particular mold... why?

Alt firs is supposed to be an alternative mode to fine in "sometimes". if you mod for status you are firing with the altf fire key all the time. They at least should have made it a toggle. Now you are alt firiing the entire mission and never ever using normal fire. That's not REALLY what alt fire should be,

3 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Alt firs is supposed to be an alternative mode to fine in "sometimes". if you mod for status you are firing with the altf fire key all the time. They at least should have made it a toggle. Now you are alt firiing the entire mission and never ever using normal fire. That's not REALLY what alt fire should be,

That's your opinion man. Clearly DE doesn't agree. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)rednalad said:

Please change it so that when I press the Euphona Prime's alt-fire button, that it cycles between the 2 firing modes, rather than actually firing. The reason for this plea is that I primarily use the shotgun burst and repeatedly pressing down r3 is giving me thumb pain that I haven't experienced since the n64.

giphy.gif

I hear your point about not being able to maximize both firing mods simultaneously, but that's essentially the whole point of the modding system. The weapons and warframes that are most fun to mod are the ones that have multiple viable mod layouts. If everyone weapon had only one way to mod for it that worked then modding would get boring quick. That's why Euphona Prime is my favorite weapon at the moment. I used Primed crit damage and crit chance mods, multishot mod, damage, and fill out the rest with the dual status mods for 100% status. My Euphona has high crit damage and high status, and I can use either one depending on the situation. Yes I know that if i trade out my dual status mods for pure elemental mods I could get more damage for my primary fire mode, and if I wanted to I would do that, but my Euphona already out damages my lex prime in the primary fire mode with just the dual status (mind you this is against armored enemies, which -SHOULD- give the impact based Euphona a disadvantage over the pucture based Lex Prime), so I don't feel like trading off a little damage for the ability to melt tougher enemies at short range as a bad deal in the big scheme of things. And I have to say, for me the secondary fire mode gets very close to outdamaging the tigris Prime in the (provided I'm up close). Basically I have one secondary weapon that rivals 2 of my favorite weapons in the game when I go for a hybrid build. I only see the need to max out one firing mode over the other if I plan to do a 2 hr survival run (which I don't do much of since the void relic system). In my normal gameplay, and even during sorties, I'm able to take out most light enemies in 1 long range hit, and most eximus enemies in 1 or 2 shotgun hits. I don't see how that's a waste of ammo or a poorly designed weapon.

On 2/28/2017 at 6:49 PM, TotallyLagging said:

I'm just gonna build for crit/status when I get my hands on it.

Hornet Strike / Barrel Diffusion / Lethal Torrent / Primed Pistol Gambit

60/60 elemental / 60/60 elemental / 60/60 elemental / Primed Target Cracker

The shotgun blast won't proc on every pellet but it'll still proc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alternatively don't be a scrub and get 2 of those Euphonas boi

I did what you did but a little different.

Hornet Strike / Barrel Diffusion / Primed Target Cracker / Primed Pistol Gambit

60/60 elemental / 60/60 elemental / 60/60 elemental / 60/60 elemental

This way, the primary mode is only slightly worse, but the alternative mode is 5 times better. AND you don't have to add any forma to make it work.

Also, I use viral and radiation, because the tougher armored enemies (that I actually am using the shotgun against) are actually weaker to radiation than to corrosive and the viral proc makes it so that they now have half as many health points to bleed out. Assuming they don't bleed out, their buddies will finish him off or distract him thanks to the radiation proc.

52 minutes ago, Rythiman said:

I hear your point about not being able to maximize both firing mods simultaneously, but that's essentially the whole point of the modding system. The weapons and warframes that are most fun to mod are the ones that have multiple viable mod layouts. If everyone weapon had only one way to mod for it that worked then modding would get boring quick. That's why Euphona Prime is my favorite weapon at the moment. I used Primed crit damage and crit chance mods, multishot mod, damage, and fill out the rest with the dual status mods for 100% status. My Euphona has high crit damage and high status, and I can use either one depending on the situation. Yes I know that if i trade out my dual status mods for pure elemental mods I could get more damage for my primary fire mode, and if I wanted to I would do that, but my Euphona already out damages my lex prime in the primary fire mode with just the dual status (mind you this is against armored enemies, which -SHOULD- give the impact based Euphona a disadvantage over the pucture based Lex Prime), so I don't feel like trading off a little damage for the ability to melt tougher enemies at short range as a bad deal in the big scheme of things. And I have to say, for me the secondary fire mode gets very close to outdamaging the tigris Prime in the (provided I'm up close). Basically I have one secondary weapon that rivals 2 of my favorite weapons in the game when I go for a hybrid build. I only see the need to max out one firing mode over the other if I plan to do a 2 hr survival run (which I don't do much of since the void relic system). In my normal gameplay, and even during sorties, I'm able to take out most light enemies in 1 long range hit, and most eximus enemies in 1 or 2 shotgun hits. I don't see how that's a waste of ammo or a poorly designed weapon.

I agree with you on the point of the modding system but that's not the point of an alt fire. Alt fire is supposed to add versatility and choice IN the middle of a battle. And also thanks, your build will be what I use for funsies. 

7 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

That's your opinion man. Clearly DE doesn't agree. 

name me a single weapon in real life where you pull another trgger to fire it normally. Alt fires is like underslugh grenade launchers, etc. It's like having a pistol you can't pull the actual trigger on and have to fire it some other way even though you will never ever use that trigger.

But ignoring reality - game mechanic wise people put their trigger finger on a comfortable button. Forcing you to fire 100% of the time with an alternate button is bad design. All you weapons fire iwith (whatever button you use) but now this one weapon fires with another button... if you want to mod it for status. That's pretty lame

On 2/28/2017 at 11:33 PM, Rolunde said:

What? So they made it an alt fire trigger like the Quanta rather than an alt-to-change-modes like the Strada/Zarr.

FML

I really thought it'd be swappable, sigh...

Well, I guess I'll see what I think of it whenever I finally get to use it, but my enthusiasm is dimmed somewhat now. =p

Yep. I hit alt fire and it shot. My reaction was wtf DE. I wanted to level it but after having switch my controller config to shoot it in a reasonable manner, I quit. 

On 2/28/2017 at 9:52 PM, NightmareT12 said:

That's the worst argumenet I've ever seen in favor of not changing how the alt fire of a weapon is performed.

Like really. What's going to be so wrong from having both? You'll use one mode for some things, or one mode for the others. Kinda like Zarr. Like Stradavar.

I mean, you could use the same argument for the other weapons I emntioned had they released this way (because precedents) and it would have been the worst idea ever still.

The Zarr and Stradavar? you dont see the difference do you.... The Zarr has decent stats  nothing mind blowing  or revolutionary. It is a good weapon. It is an example of alternative fire done right. The Stradavar has mediocre stats...Its fully auto mode is underwhelming and its Semi-Auto mode is better but not by a huge amount. With a slight buff, it could be an example of alternative fire done right. The Euphona  is stupidly powerful in both modes. Its either a secondary mini tigris Prime (100% Status+ high slash damage) Or its an insane crit monster 30% Base crit + 2.5x Crit Damage.If you could perfectly mod for both it would be beyond overpowered. Literally Powercreep Prime. With this slight handicap, the weapons remains phenomenal but not quite OP. 

Edited by Seinerweisen

11 hours ago, Seinerweisen said:

The Zarr and Stradavar? you dont see the difference do you.... The Zarr has decent stats  nothing mind blowing  or revolutionary. It is a good weapon. It is an example of alternative fire done right. The Stradavar has mediocre stats...Its fully auto mode is underwhelming and its Semi-Auto mode is better but not by a huge amount. With a slight buff, it could be an example of alternative fire done right. The Euphona  is stupidly powerful in both modes. Its either a secondary mini tigris Prime (100% Status+ high slash damage) Or its an insane crit monster 30% Base crit + 2.5x Crit Damage.If you could perfectly mod for both it would be beyond overpowered. Literally Powercreep Prime. With this slight handicap, the weapons remains phenomenal but not quite OP. 

What does that have to do with switching the alt fire to be toggleable so you can focus on one of the two modes without issues?

>____>

I dunno, I mod for crit AND status on quite a few weapons. granted, Its next to impossible to max out both at the same time, but It gets the job done well enough. Either way, it gives us a choice for both and I don't mind that. I'll be modding mine the same way I mod all my other weapons that have decent  stats in crit and status chance

Edited by StinkyPygmy