Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Euphona Prime is alt fire done wrong.

Senguash

i seem i'm a bit late.

i agree, in part. the two Modes are quite separated from each other. too much.
however, one Mod Loadout shouldn't get the most out of both forms. you should have to make some choices for the last Mod Slot or two, to focus on one Mode excelling vs the other.
having such a dilemma for your last couple Mod Slots, is an interesting choice to make and makes for great Player preferences on specializing towards one or the other.

so again, i agree in part, that Mod Loadouts shouldn't need to hyper specialize towards one side or the other. it shouldn't be a Binary switch, where you either have one or the other - but rather that both will be moderately effective, but only one can completely excel at a time.

aside from that (and the laughable level of Powercreep that the Weapon is in some regards - so aside from Stats), the theme of the Weapon is very cool. precision power, as well as crowd clearing. it's even a Projectile Weapon, to allow longer Range Shots to feel actually rewarding since you must use a tiny shred of Skill to shoot with it.

i do agree in some aspects that Zarr is a good example of something to keep in mind, but for different reasons than others will note for.
with Zarr, Status is an interesting choice. the Shotgun Mode is hopelessly useless for Status, but Cannon Mode is fairly competent for everything but Corrosive stacking.
that gives an interesting choice for going maximum Elemental Damage for one/both Modes, or having some Status capability to give the Cannon Mode more flexibility in higher Level Missions while sacrificing some of the Damage Output of the Shotgun Mode.
those are the sorts of interesting choices Weapons with multiple Firing Modes should tackle. featuring different capabilities for different situations, and therefore differing in desired Mods - but still sharing some Mods so that it doesn't have to be a binary of having one or the other.

On 2/28/2017 at 7:25 PM, Seinerweisen said:

Secondaries are usually used 1. When you are down. 2 when you are carrying Data mass. 3. Secondary Sorties.

have you been away for the past 3 years? Primary and Secondary Weapons have been atleast equal to each other for many years. infact Secondaries tend to be more powerful than Primaries - with few exceptions.
it's just two Gun Slots. Gun A, Gun B.

On 2/28/2017 at 11:54 PM, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Popular gaming tropes? Even in realistic military shootans my rifle can shoot grenades. Design is design. It has intended purpose. They don't gloss over where the artist sneezed when there's an art exhibit....at least I don't think they do....

and then, outside of traditional military First Person Shooters.... like in Unreal where Digital Extremes has most of their roots.... the Alternate Firing Modes on Weapons in Unreal Tournament... aren't better than one another. just different. some even allow the two to be combined together in interesting ways (Shock Rifle the prime example).

'complimentary' is very vague, and anything could potentially be complimentary.

On 3/1/2017 at 8:42 AM, Hemmo67 said:

but isn't min maxing euphona prime essentially just adding 2 crit and 2 status mods for both firemodes? :|

on paper, yes. in Gameplay, if you're only going to use 2 Status Mods on this Weapon, you might as well use 0 because with 2 Status Mods you'll be averaging in the 'probably one Status Effect per Shot' territory, which is very poor Status performance for that type of Weapon.

- - - - - 

less on topic:

On 3/1/2017 at 0:28 PM, NightmareT12 said:

"Screw you console users"
That's how it comes across to me. And don't even try to sell me "their fault not having other inup methods", that's not how you work for a playerbase.

nonsense. like with any game that isn't garbage, if you dislike the button a function is bound to by default, bind it to another button.
i know, Controllers are like 80% empty space and like 15% actual buttons - but there's still sufficient to move Alt Fire to a place that is within reach instead of somewhere as far away as possible so that you can complain that the button is uncomfortable to press.

however provided there was to be an option to have Guns with two Firing Modes opt to or to not have Alt Fire be a Fire Selector (for nonsensical reasons when there's only two firing functions but whatever if it floats your boat) or to use that other Mode.
for Throwing Spears i don't think rotating would be particularly appropriate, but for all others, by all means do whatever you want if i have the option to not have to use a Fire Selector for only two Modes, which increases the number of buttons to fire the other mode by 50% for no particularly good reason.

10 hours ago, taiiat said:

on paper, yes. in Gameplay, if you're only going to use 2 Status Mods on this Weapon, you might as well use 0 because with 2 Status Mods you'll be averaging in the 'probably one Status Effect per Shot' territory, which is very poor Status performance for that type of Weapon.

with gas, viral and radiation and even blast one proc per shot is not exactly horrible c.c

10 hours ago, taiiat said:

and then, outside of traditional military First Person Shooters.... like in Unreal where Digital Extremes has most of their roots.... the Alternate Firing Modes on Weapons in Unreal Tournament... aren't better than one another. just different. some even allow the two to be combined together in interesting ways (Shock Rifle the prime example).

'complimentary' is very vague, and anything could potentially be complimentary.

Hmm? Noobtubes in games that aren't Cowadooty are fairly balanced. Low ammo, rof, and less accurate. Battlefield, it's mainly for destroying terrain than lolmultikill a bunch of doods.

Let's look at other examples of alt-fire in this game. Buzlok fires a lock-on bullet. Worked for Resistance and at least on paper is a good idea for a lmg type weapon. Quanta is probably the best example of alt-fire being complimentary. Alt is a short range ammo costly explosive that can be detonated using the longer range ammo efficient primary fire. Pantera turns the blades into a melee range type chainsaw thing. Worked better in Dead Space tbh since melee is much better in this game. Penta the alt was actually a survival mechanic, maintaining control of the explosive so you dont gib yourself. Azima is an AoE ammo dump which I suppose is a unique alternative to regular fire going in only one direction. Simulor detonates the orbs, though why would you want to? :^)

After getting my hands on Euphona, the shotgun mode doesn't really add anything unlike Stradavar which changed how the weapon handled. Unless you really don't feel like using the primary fire, shotgun mode really isn't all that much better. Just a small cone of fire and range as short as the Zarr. If it did some sort of knockback it'd be useful but otherwise it's nothing.

5 hours ago, Hemmo67 said:

with gas, viral and radiation and even blast one proc per shot is not exactly horrible c.c

compared to getting almost 30 per Shot with 100% Status, it's not very good.
as well as compared to getting one per Shot on a Weapon that can shoot for much longer and much more often. remember, it's a short Range, Shotgun Mode - Magazine of 5. one Status Effect per Shot from Euphorias' Shotgun Mode vs one Status Effect per Shot from an Assault Rifle?

i imagine you get the gist.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:25 PM, Seinerweisen said:

Bingo. Use one mode exclusively. Euphona is a secondary weapon..SECONDARY. Are you trying to turn it into a Primary weapon? Secondaries are usually used 1. When you are down. 2 when you are carrying Data mass. 3. Secondary Sorties. Like what do you want? DE gave us 2 weapons in 1. A shotgun and a pistol. Can you normally change modes with your other secondary weapons? No. Will the shotgun work just fine without 100% Status?...Yes..... It will be fine I promise. I personaly will build for the shotgun. 4x 60% elementals+Lethal Torrent+Barrel Diffusiont+Hornet Strike+ Primed Pistol Gambit. Base Crit multiplier of 2.5 aint nothin to sneeze at imo... better than a multiplier of 2x... or 1.5x. The choice is yours.  

One of the best weapons in the game are secondary's, people use them all the time