Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did DE lose its dictionary? (new exterminate rant)

tomnmillie

The missions are called exterminate missions, and not genocide missions. Though, you could argue that genocide would imply wiping out an entire race, that's actually false - a large portion, perhaps, but not specifically an entire race.

Ok, I just finished an Exterminate mission. It was an Alert for  5 - Synthula on the Kuva Fortress map. (1:00 AM Local time on the date of this post) The alert had 5 min left so I decided to solo'd it.

(Background - I did like the old exterminate mission. I liked knowing that when I reached that magic number it was time to extract because the mission was over. Once the enemy count was reached, I could now take my time - take in and enjoy all the hard work DE's graphics design department has spent on making new and re-doing some of the old tile sets. I can go find loot I need like medallions or Kuria's.  It's just nice knowing the threat of dying and failing the mission was over. NOT ANY MORE.)

Problem 1. I reached that magic number but when more enemies start spawning in, the green extraction symbol on my map disappears and in most cases doesn't come back due to all the extra red enemy dots. Now I have to wander about trying to find the proper pathway to get to extraction. And even when I was 50M from it, it still did't show itself as an extraction point! This is VERY ANNOYING and the threat of dying and failing the mission is still very viable. It's just not worth the so called improvements of this new extraction mission.

Problem 2. The Alert reward was not given. WHY? I checked my current supply, there was no increase. I checked last mission results menu, it's not listed. I always thought that as long as you are "In the mission," it didn't matter if the time of the alert expires. WHEN DID THIS CHANGE? (New feature or retro bug?)

So DE why didn't you just add another mission type and name it "Limited Survival"? Because this is NOT a true exterminate anymore. They don't run away. Their will is not broken. It's now just another tedious enemy after enemy after enemy killing game.

Edited by X-Sarge
More elaberation

4 hours ago, X-Sarge said:

So DE why didn't you just add another mission type and name it "Limited Survival"?

Because the changes were introduced to address issues with the old exterminate missions.

If it had been added as a new mission type, the exterminate issues would still be there.