Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #89!

[DE]Rebecca

I have 3 questions:

1. Would you consider at some point removing Penta's limit of having a maximum of 5 grenades out at the same time? Other launchers overwhelm it in DPS anyways, so help us understand the reason for still having the limit.

2. Would it be possible to have an Arsenal loadout include a specific Focus school in the future? It is a bit frustrating to have to change Focus school through menus so often.

3. Do you have any plans on making a new Arcane interface at some point? Could we perhaps at some point hope to have Arcanes included in loadouts too?

P.S. I love the new markers for power cells in Excavations! Syndicate medallions next plox.

Edited by Caduzeus
Tidied up the questions a bit.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

I dun goofed. How could I forget? Has the Prime gold reflection of Banshee blinded me?

Just now, -InV-igo95862 said:

Still nothing about Dark Sectors, its almost been 2 years.

Ohh, it's in the works. In fact Steve has been coding some stuff for a new mode that could potentially be the new Dark Sector conflict mode too :)

Edited by NightmareT12

Can we get some news on the Focus Rework?

It was mentioned a couple devstreams ago that Focus was getting a much needed second look and I was wondering if you could share some details or at least the main design intent. Are you planning to merge the Focus abilities into new powers for the Operator or just do a pass on the original abilities and tweak some numbers?

As always, thanks for all your hard work!

Would you consider adding a "Fill All" button so we can instantly fill a single sculpture when in that respective screen as a QoL addition?
After posting a thread in PHP and not getting any defenitive answer, why is it that some Rivens have an eighteen mod drain whilst some have fourteen?
Will the machete blueprint ever drop from scorpions?
Since Relics aren't planned for Eximus units anymore, are there anymore ways planned or hypothesized to drop relics?

E: Any planned changes for the Index? It is not very played currently and needing to win three rounds defers me from playing it.

Edited by Ninja22678

Hello there devs i have two questions that i would like to ask:

Will we see more syndicate specific items like cosmetics and weapon mods in the near future?

Will the playerbase ever have the napalm's primary weapon added to the roster to play with? The "Rekt" is what I believe it is called.

can be the arcane equipped as loadout instead of manually distill and requip them?

Also, all frames right now are beatiful and thin. Have you ever thought about releasing a fat frame?

Edited by Ylantron

Please address the unpleasant and unrewarding nature of the Relic system as it currently stands, particularly with new releases.

Also address uneven clan size distributions that may have unfair oppressions on low-attendance Ghost clans as with Hema research

Edited by EDYinnit

I have a question thats been bugging me for awhile: if Sony or Microsoft were to can their console services (PSN, XBox Live) or just stop supporting Warframe, what happens to the tenno on those consoles? Would there accounts be cloned onto PC, or would they just die?

Edited by (PS4)Happy_Penguin12

Its been covered pretty well already, but any additional information on the clan-dojo-boss-takedown-mission stuff would be great.

Perhaps some additional details on the new clan leveling system?

Is this system going to gate older content for newer players or will it add new content for veterans?

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

Archwing and Archweapon Slot Limitations

Telling us about the limitation on Archwing gear and slots to be bought for platinum 11 hotfixes into Specters of the Rail was NOT a solution to disingenuously sneaking it in without adequate, fair forewarning in the first place.

Relevant thread popularity banner and all, and second thread after the first was unjustly closed before the problem has been addressed.

What do you intend to do to give players a fair compensation or opportunity to acquire the free slots they could and often would have had grandfathered in if given proper notice of the change?

Unanswered Questions:

Polarisation and Forma

Q: Separate to the issue of relevelling after Forma use, will there be any change to Forma and Polarisation to avoid 'wasted' forma in future?

A lot of posters seem to bemoan the lack of Forma drops, while some like myself rarely end up using it at all because of the downsides of removing build flexibility. Is there any chance of a Polarisation quality of life change so we don't have to suffer our obsolete polarity builds when balance changes and new mods happen? Body Count and Blood Rush gave melees more reason to want Madurai slots, while the upcoming removal of 'mandatory' base damage and multishot mods might ruin heavily Madurai polarised guns. Times change, and while we have to relevel our gear for every Forma we use, even if less in the proposed new Mastery Rank relevance change, making our efforts, our time and our resources wasted is not a satisfying element of the game.

Here's my original thread on the subject and a solution, with more discussion from another player's similar suggestion here.

Another thread here as well. Threads keep popping up about new Forma, better Forma, different Forma on a regular basis. The system needs overhauling.

Now: We have 'lower limit' modding capacity, making it more comfortable to level weapons by using them after Forma.

However, some still recognise that there's a bigger issue than just "when do I get to use a polarised item again". The growing mod load with Primed and other high-drain mods demands a lot out of our very limited drain, as often do Sorties for most weapons to perform adequately. The user-unfriendliness of polarisation impacts negatively on flexibility and fun, and I doubt I'm the only one who tends not to use it where possible to not lock myself out of half my mod collection.

Ammo

Q: Is there a possibility of a more significant ammo rework to fix bugs and aid balance of several weapon classes?

With static ammo pickups and certain restrictions, high ammo consumption weapons often fall short, not in raw DPS which they compete evenly in, but because they just can't keep going for long before they're completely dry and relying on pickups/Restores. We also see such bugs as the Sniper+Castana ammo restriction issue, recently addressed by a half-application of my own suggestion for the issue overall, using Pistol ammo for 'special' secondaries but with a different actual restoration numbers.
My suggestion here attempts to address all of that, as well as opens up balance levers by allowing any ammo type to be used for secondaries. There's also a chance for this to bring currently unused Max Ammo mods up to a functional level by allowing them to improve ammo gained per pickup (while not making Mutation obsolete either).

The Twin Rogga now exists for the other half of the equation - using nonpistol ammo, but in its normal amounts. Between the 'special' secondaries and the Rogga, tech is clearly in place to implement this rework in a full and sweeping manner. Any idea of when it might happen?

Using Mod Ranks Below Fusion Level

Q: Why force users to potentially hold many mods of lesser fusion, instead of being able to use ranks up to the fused maximum?

This has been mentioned in passing at times, but it's still ridiculous that we can't have this quality of life with the current modding system. It seems like something that would be an inherent part of a system where drain ranges so wildly and precise values are so aggressively tweaked (Corrupted Mods, looking at you).

Can the data load of a handful of extra bytes per loadout (to identify the rank of the slotted mod to use) really be higher than the load involved with having an actual incentive to hold multiple mods all with their own fusion levels? Can it even be anything but a drop in the bucket in comparison to simply holding thousands of instances of mods?

Questionable Augments reviving Degenerate Gameplay

Q: What were you thinking with Resonant Quake and when will it be reworked to stop the repeat of Blind Mirage shenanigans?

Don't really need to say much about this - but I've seen a surge in threads about it. Resonant Quake Banshee is Blind Mirage with less energy efficiency. It removes the gameplay on single-tile maps, and energy restores allow it to be used near-indefinitely.

Things mentioned in a previous stream, but no changes yet seen:

Weapon Balance

Q: What changes might we see in the not too distant future to bring down outliers / bring up underperformers?

Hide contents

A lot of guns are completely outclassed in their field, such as the whole Gorgon family versus Soma. Since Mastery Rank Restriction appears to be tied less and less to the power grade of a weapon, is there any hope for more tightening of the 'tiers' of weapon power, as happened with such as the Supra among LMGs?

Players feel like weapons are often "missed" in a wave of buffs (e.g. secondary-shotguns as a whole during shotgun buff wave), or have suffered nerfs as outliers in the past (such as the Brakk and S.Gammacor) which may be outdated in today's Warframe. Are any of these on the radar for getting their fair share of buffs, or reversions of outdated nerfs?

Tonkor, Synoid Simulor and Launchers

Q: Can the Tonkor and Synoid Simulor get fair risk/reward rebalancing, and a tweak to r/r balance of other launcher and 'launcher' weaponry, to bring back legitimacy of using other weapons and especially other traditional launchers? (Changes said to be "coming in the new year" not yet seen)

Hide contents

More damage, more blast radius, less risk. The Tonkor is an obvious outlier, and not even locked behind a high MR. Its no-worry, highest-damage nature while also being AOE means that it detracts from the contribution of other Tenno in a squad. Like a fully modded Ember Prime running through Mercury, people barely get to play the game in comparison. Usage statistics speak for themselves - almost every Sortie, and even most Void missions still feature at least one Tonkor.

Here's a long thread of arguments for and against.

Personally, I would prefer not removing self-damage from other launchers almost-entirely to bring them to the Tonkor's level. Part of the fantasy of using explosive ordnance is Danger Close - don't be reckless and hit yourself.

However, the self-damaging paradigm at the moment appears to be lower base damage, but full mod scaling. This brings untriggered ordnance launchers such as the Ogris into a position where they pose a greater risk to the user than to enemies, and because of a lack of optional detonation, mistakes are guaranteed to be deadly to the player.

I'd suggest the following to start with:

- As per the Elytron Archwing, grant a UI element projectile beacon for launcher weapons to help guard against mistakes (and helps triggered explosives be used more effectively).

- Alter the paradigm of self-damage so that players (with appropriate effective health mods) are protected from instant suicide until much closer to an upper limit on modding for power than current functionality.

- Give the Tonkor this tamer, more balanced self-damage.