Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #89!

[DE]Rebecca

It's been the precedent that when a Warframe receives a deluxe skin it also gets a bit of reworking. With that in mind, is Chroma receiving a rework to address many people issues with him? (i.e. lack of a proper passive, a lackluster #1 and #4 power, coloration issues underneath the pelt, etc.)

Edited by Cradicias

General Questions:

Will we ever have labels applied for regular colour palettes, such as found in the Dojo and Kubrow/Kavat colour selection, as a QoL improvement?

Ever since War Within, I've been seeing this strange shadow in all my Operator Transmissions. I'm unsure whether it's a bug or some obscure intentional aspect. Is there any light you can shed on this? (I apologize for the pun)

oSqTcq2.jpgYXfd6sa.jpg

Specific Questions:

1. With the upcoming Kingpin system, what do you expect out of it? How do you feel it will bolster Clan cohesion and activity in a meaningful way?

2. Are there any thoughts on some ways to further explore a character beyond simply gear or what decorations we toss around the Orbiter? That is to say, something to provide us RP inspiration or touchstones as the main quests essentially cast us in the same 'hero' role and outside of the quests...there just isn't any way to define our own character within the world. Any plans or hopes to amend that, or is that strictly on us to do outside of game?

3. Have you given any thought to evaluating enemies according to either being a Quantity or Quality enemy? That is to say, Quantity enemies come in bulk and are proportionately weaker to compensate, whilst a Quality enemy is at best two or three of the same aspect, and inherently deserve more focused attention.

For example, consider in Dragon's Dogma when you fight a pack of goblins at the same time as a cyclopes; the goblins are the Quantity, weak enemy whilst the cyclopes is the Quality enemy that demands your focus to overcome. Does such a dynamic sound a feasible or preferable goal to work towards establishing?

Any event, apologies for going on, as ever.

5 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Hema and mutagen sample update?

It's disappointing when DE has acknowledged a problem but done nothing to resolve any part of it. 

Theyve given you methods to resolve it as mentioned in my previous reply to nox 

Boosters

Clan tier reduction

Dummy warlord account and clan hopping 

Question 1: Are there any plans for removing/altering the DNA degredation and the thawing/unthawing process and have the pets function more like the sentinels? It is quite frankly a hassle and it feels like a waste of credits when you can just use a sentinel.

The DNA degradation is essentially a growing debuff that can kill your pet in worst case, and I've seen a few threads where players log back in after some time away only to find their pet dead, which I can imagine being incredibly offputting. And even more so if they've spent money on it.

A suggestion would be to remove the DNA degredation and instead put "treats" on the market for credits that buff your pet for 12-24 hours or so, giving them for example a 20% increase in stats or the like. That way people can chose to buff their pets for credits instead of having to spend credits to keep them "optimal" or even alive for that matter. Treats would be a more positive thing to spend credits on rather than the DNA-juice that is more or less something we are forced to buy if we want to use pets.

Question 2: PBR update on un-PBR'd frames and weapons?

3 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

Theyve given you methods to resolve it as mentioned in my previous reply to nox 

Boosters

Clan tier reduction

Dummy warlord account and clan hopping 

These aren't solutions and in fact are part of the problem. As even at the smallest clan tier it's still overpriced.

1 minute ago, Larsurus said:

Question 1: Are there any plans for removing/altering the DNA degredation and the thawing/unthawing process and have the pets function more like the sentinels? It is quite frankly a hassle and it feels like a waste of credits when you can just use a sentinel.

The DNA degradation is essentially a growing debuff that can kill your pet in worst case, and I've seen a few threads where players log back in after some time away only to find their pet dead, which I can imagine being incredibly offputting. And even more so if they've spent money on it.

A suggestion would be to remove the DNA degredation and instead put "treats" on the market for credits that buff your pet for 12-24 hours or so, giving them for example a 20% increase in stats or the like. That way people can chose to buff their pets for credits instead of having to spend credits to keep them "optimal" or even alive for that matter. Treats would be a more positive thing to spend credits on rather than the DNA-juice that is more or less something we are forced to buy if we want to use pets.

Question 2: PBR update on un-PBR'd frames and weapons?

Incubator segment upgrade auto-shelves your pet before it dies. And cuts costs.

1 hour ago, Pokemonix14 said:

Question: So ,when we will get that new pump-aciton shotgun ? ;-;

I want this thing so damn badly!  Plz shed some light on this!  

The Pump-Shotty looks so badass, and nothing has been explained about it besides an image an earlier devstream!  What's the holdup?

Edited by Oksanya

3 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

These aren't solutions and in fact are part of the problem. As even at the smallest clan tier it's still overpriced.

With both boosters you can get 400 of them in a 40w odd so i have to disagree. Let me add that i had 4500 in three years of playing and earned about that much in two days prior to s lecta nerfs farming credits. So . Again. I completely disagree, storm clan warlord here 

Edited by PookieNumnums

Just now, PookieNumnums said:

Plat is tradable 

They can be gifted

And clan tiers can be reduced. 

Any questions?

Regardless of whom, plat is money. Actual money should not be needed to research clan tech in a reasonable time frame. Reasonable does not mean several weeks of farming ODD with the same boring squads.

Same as above.

Changing clan tier takes time and needlessly tedious processes.

All of your examples show just how absurd the cost is. Name a single piece of clan tech which has required such an absurd degree of unconventional research methods? You cant.

What was the reasoning behind removing Artax Rivens? Currently its the only weapon excluding melee that were unable to receive Rivens for. I thought the purpose of rivens were to amp up underused or underpowered weapons to allow more freedom and creativity of the playerbase. Also to try to get players away from the meta type loadouts. One further note nothing in this game is worth thosands of plat.

1. Are there plans to allow Kubrow puppies and/or Kavat Kitties to be able to roam our ships, along with the existing single matured and battle ready Pet? Icing on the cake is having animated interactions between them!
  2. Has there been any investigation into what is one-shotting Pets in Kuva mission, and if something is off with Armor/Damage reduction, for example, Chroma's Vex EHP?
  3. Can we have more Armor type variety? We basically have Ferrite and Alloy available, so can Corpus, Tenno and maybe even Corrupted have new armors with different types of Weaknesses and Resistances?

Any new katana weapons in the works? Would love to see something besides the Nikana line. Maybe a Corpus inspired one? Not that I'm biased or anything...

Similar question: Will we ever get a Corpus shotgun weapon? (A real one, not whatever the Convectrix is.)

Is there any chance of you guys making arsenal slots (weapons, warframes, etc.) available outside the store? Perhaps as a rare alert reward like Orokin catalysts/reactors?

And lastly: Which one of you at DE plays Executor Ballas, and how much would it cost me to learn how to narrate like he does?

9 minutes ago, Neear said:

What was the reasoning behind removing Artax Rivens? Currently its the only weapon excluding melee that were unable to receive Rivens for. I thought the purpose of rivens were to amp up underused or underpowered weapons to allow more freedom and creativity of the playerbase. Also to try to get players away from the meta type loadouts. One further note nothing in this game is worth thosands of plat.

Who are you to determine what is or isnt valuable to someone else? 

I sold p vigor for 5k and p fury for 3.7k 

Because someone will say i didnt 

I say youre wrong 

Edited by PookieNumnums

Hi DE squad, got some questions

-New TileSet Lighting, when? Earth for example.

-BardFrame name and when?

-Limbo ReWork, when?

-Chroma Deluxe Skin when?

-Mag Dekuxe Skin when?

-Zephyr Deluxe Skin progress?

-Update 20, lets talk about that, what should we expect?

-Next BigQuest?

-Umbras are still happening?

Thanks for your time!

1 minute ago, NinthAria said:

Any new katana weapons in the works? Would love to see something besides the Nikana line. Maybe a Corpus inspired one? Not that I'm biased or anything...

Similar question: Will we ever get a Corpus shotgun weapon? (A real one, not whatever the Convectrix is.)

Is there any chance of you guys making arsenal slots (weapons, warframes, etc.) available outside the store? Perhaps as a rare alert reward like Orokin catalysts/reactors?

And lastly: Which one of you at DE plays Executor Ballas, and how much would it cost me to learn how to narrate like he does?

Only if we get teshins red bladed nikana too!

- dojos/relays lighting treatment like Maroo bazaar ?

- corpus spear ?

- infested kubrow ?

- fixing Cyngas stock cost to 20 000 staning, not 25k ?

- also Umbra Excalibur ?

Edited by Myscho

2 minutes ago, Myscho said:

- dojos/relays lighting treatment like Maroo bazaar ?

- corpus spear ?

- infested kubrow ?

- fixing Cyngas stock cost to 20 000 staning, not 25k ?

- also Umbra Excalibur ?

The dojo lighting seems to come from the floor and the lights are obviously on the ceiling, also they could use volumetrics too. 

Good call

[removed by moderator]

Tossing out insults now are we? How classy.

Oxium is farmable from oxium drones on any tileset they show up on. No key required

Cryotic is farmable from any excavation mission in the game. No key required

Even the Amesha farm was easily managed because anybody can be brought to a Nitain alert.

Mutagen Samples only drop at an appreciable rate in the derelict, which requires keys for each entry. To get an appreciable drop rate you need to run a farming squad, with each person using boosters. Each person using boosters means you get 400 samples per person in 40 waves? Oh boy, it'll only take several hundred runs to get enough for a mountain clan, and only a few thousand for a moon clan. No, its fine we'll just basically disintegrate the clan into nothing to cheese the research cost (which in and of itself should not even be a mechanic in terms of research cost) because obviously they couldn't just have a set cost regardless of clan size.

Your so-called solutions only serve to magnify the problem.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed quoted comment (and link to author) for CoC violation