Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CONCEPT: Weapon customization

TikiBacon

Ever wanted to do a stealth mission but every time you shoot with any gun you're noticed? How about you attach a silencer to it! Oh wait, we can't...

I know this idea is leaning more towards the classic shooter type game (black ops or any of the cod series) but I feel like customization of anything and everything is key to making a game's diversity vast and often endless. With that being said, I propose the idea of full out item customization. Either through the implication of creating silencer mods or creating an entire new system that would attatch them to your weapons. While the weapon modifications change how the weapons work there is minimal graphical changes. I know there may be small crystals that show up and electrical graphics on the sword but i would like to see something along the lines of a model change. For example, the clip expanders would create a larger clip and the silencer would completely change the end of the gun.

Possible ideas for various weapons

Rifles: siliencer, clip expanders, scopes, various types of bullets, longer barrel (accuracy), etc

Pistols: siliencer, clip expanders, scopes, various bullets, longer barrel, etc

Melee: Serrated blades (bleed damage), various poisons, lengthened blades, magnetic blades (throwable), etc

Possible ideas for various weapons

Rifles: siliencer, clip expanders, scopes, various types of bullets, longer barrel (accuracy), etc

Pistols: siliencer, clip expanders, scopes, various bullets, longer barrel, etc

Melee: Serrated blades (bleed damage), various poisons, lengthened blades, magnetic blades (throwable), etc

I like all of these ideas, but most of them are already given to you via mods/skill points, (ex. Electricity damage mod, range increase skill for melee, ammo capacity mod). But it would be nice to see a bit more mod variation.

The only viable addition i can think of would be the addition of a silencer mod. however i agree with the OP that I would also like to see some graphical changes for the mods.

Another thing that would add to the stealth/ninja aspect would be a warframe mod that enables you to walk/sprint with the same amount of stealthiness that you have while crouching.

Moving out of the realm of mods, a nifty thing would be the ability to sneak up on an enemy and stun/incapacitate them and use them as a meat shield.

I like all of these ideas, but most of them are already given to you via mods/skill points, (ex. Electricity damage mod, range increase skill for melee, ammo capacity mod). But it would be nice to see a bit more mod variation.

Yeah, I sadly realized this after the fact that I posted it however, what if the mods that you put on the weapons would then be applied to make a graphical change to the weapon. Sort of like the electric damage does currently. So, silencer would just take up a weapon mod slot.

Or even, you could have a hardware slot and a software slot for mods. Hardware being the things like silencers and they give larger bonuses and have few slots while the software ones have abundant slots and are less effective than the hardware.

I want weapon fusing.

Just a silly idea, but it'd be cool.

Attach a Skana to the end of the Bo.

May be a bit too much like dead rising, but hell, it would be amazing. Mix the fists and the duel skana to make wolverine claws... TIME TO MAKE A SEPERATE THREEEEEEEAD FULL OF COMBINATIONS!

Hey tiki

Nice ideas. I've already posted these on my player progression thread which you can check out here

If you have any other ideas about progression into the game via weapons or warframes I encourage you to brainstorm with me and others. I'm keeping a kind of record of all the best ideas that I come across there.