Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overlay map is unbounded, which makes aiming difficult sometimes

--Q--uixotic

The overlay map is unbounded, which adds a lot of visual on some maps, and makes it difficult to see the crosshairs and the enemies I'm aiming at.

Fixed: It also isn't showing the extraction marker, which means I need to switch map styles to find the exit sometimes.

Ideally I'd like to have the Prefer Overlay Map option replaced by a few options:

• map size (controls amount of screen space used)
  • map scale (controls zoom level)
  • map position (e.g. top-left for the default view)
  • map opacity (I'd prefer a fainter map sometimes)

The map reset after each round of interception or 5 waves of defense has been fixed, but it still resets after dying in the arena on Sedna, dying in the Index, or standing at the extraction point.

Find the crosshair and the enemies:

0agob8x.jpg

Too opaque

aRSkjZz.jpg

Find the crosshair

WKqvA7H.jpg

I'd be content if the overlay map was confined to the right 1/3rd of the screen when the right-hand view is selected, and the left 1/3rd when swapped.

Edited by chrisx1125
Remove bug that was fixed

• 2 weeks later...

Overlay Map doesn't include the extraction marker on the map, and also doesn't include the waypoint indicator on doors/etc

This photo using the minimap shows both symbols:

B1taUmm.jpg

This photo of the overlay map doesn't include either. Note that the two were within seconds of each other, without moving. Only the map type was changed.

bPH0Lyr.jpg

Dying in the Index (or Arena) resets to the top-left mini-map.
Hitting M to switch back to the Overlay map shifts the screen up, hiding the index points or executioner score.

8cKZZR3.jpg

Note that the mini-map appears to be shifted up after death too

f0lUIb3.jpg

Edited by chrisx1125

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Up. "Mini"map is SO important in this game. I don't understand why it wasn't prioritize yet.

I came back on the game a few days ago, and yesterday i told to myself "isn't there any option to zoom out or something ? We don't see much in that top left corner, i want it bigger ffs". I didn't find the proper answer to that, but then i found the overlay map. We go from a little map in a corner to a map that can take the whole screen :shocked:. I'd like the map to stay somewhere not in the middle of my screen where i'm aiming. Like the default right side of the visor but without overing my cursor. Path of Exile has many settings for the minimap, even more with the upcoming 3.0 and one of them is to lower opacity only in the center of the screen (not using it but it may be something to look at for Warframe).

Edit : I didn't see we can switch by pressing , (M on qwerty keyboards), but that's still not really convenient.

cc @[DE]Saske

Edited by Harestation

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT change the overlay map. it is legitimately the most useful tool for anyone that wants to know absolutely where they are and where they have to go, as well as to know where you've been.

making it smaller would make it too difficult to see, constricting it to a section of the screen would make it too difficult to use.

if anything, a scale slider or other option should be added, but I completely disagree with your proposed changes so long as they do not have an option to get the old style back.

Dear god YES PLEASE. In addition, I would like the player arrow icon on the overlay map to be preferred ABOVE other icons that are in close proximity. Right now the arrow is literally obscured totally by anything and everything that has an icon near you, which means when you use the map to orient your position while having the map static, you have to literally guess which direction you are facing. It's incredibly frustrating to look at the map and say 'Oh I have to go up north to grab this thing I need!' and turn to what you think is the north, and move forward, only to find you're totally going south east? And why? Because your squad mates are kinda somewhat near you and you can't at all tell which way is north.

22 hours ago, ds6_ said:

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT change the overlay map. it is legitimately the most useful tool for anyone that wants to know absolutely where they are and where they have to go, as well as to know where you've been.

making it smaller would make it too difficult to see, constricting it to a section of the screen would make it too difficult to use.

if anything, a scale slider or other option should be added, but I completely disagree with your proposed changes so long as they do not have an option to get the old style back.

My proposed changes, from the original post:

Ideally I'd like to have the Prefer Overlay Map option replaced by a few options:

That agrees with your alternative with slider/scale.

I'd also be very content to have three map options - the existing mini map in the corner, the current overlay, and a compromise that uses either the left or right 1/3 of the screen based on which hand you've selected. 

• 2 weeks later...

The yellow objective circles which, of course, aren't affected by the transparency slider were already bad enough but now we got the same 'feature' at least in Hive missions:

Spoiler

cc85b2da3b.jpg

You literally can't play the mission with the overlay map active anymore. One play test would've shown how this isn't a good idea but welp. If only those circles weren't completely filled out, they'd still convey the same information without blocking the whole screen.

Anyways, any possibility to adjust and personalise the map in general surely would be a very welcome QoL change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/3/2017 at 2:24 AM, chrisx1125 said:

The overlay map is unbounded, which adds a lot of visual on some maps, and makes it difficult to see the crosshairs and the enemies I'm aiming at.

Fixed: It also isn't showing the extraction marker, which means I need to switch map styles to find the exit sometimes.

The map reset after each round of interception or 5 waves of defense has been fixed, but it still resets after dying in the arena on Sedna, dying in the Index, or standing at the extraction point.

Find the crosshair and the enemies:

0agob8x.jpg

Too opaque

aRSkjZz.jpg

Find the crosshair

WKqvA7H.jpg

I'd be content if the overlay map was confined to the right 1/3rd of the screen when the right-hand view is selected, and the left 1/3rd when swapped.

But why though... Just run with it off and turn it on when you need to with m.... Otherwise keep it as a small map

10 minutes ago, Arniox said:

But why though... Just run with it off and turn it on when you need to with m.... Otherwise keep it as a small map

The minimap is far too small on my screen, and isn't useful for navigation.
If it was 2-3x the size I'd be fairly content, though I'd still rather have it on the right instead of in the top-left.

• 4 years later...