Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointed with new Boltor

Mortarion

I was under the impression that the new Boltor would be a larger more damaging version of the Bolto. To my severe disappointment, the Boltor is simply a fully automatic Bolto. All the stats except for automatic fire and a fire rate of 11.7 are the same. The Akboltos are actually better than the Boltor in terms of fire rate, they start out with a base fire rate of 16.7.

My suggestion to change the Boltor into something more viable is to completely change the stats. The Boltor should be changed to a semi auto rifle. Along with a damage increase to a point between the Snipetron and Latron, say 40 base damage. It should also have a slight velocity increase over the Bolto and fire a javelin sized bolt.

What do you guys think? Were you disappointed too?

Without using the Boltor yet (waiting on crafting), I thought the same thing looking the base stats. On the other hand though if you do not use platinum to acquire it the bar to entry is much lower for the Boltor given you do not have to go through the process of farming/making two Boltos then making the Akboltos. Platinum makes that a moot point though.

I would like to see the velocity of the javelins fired increased, as well as a bit more improvement on the accuracy of the weapon. Also, don't like how it uses the same skin as the Burstron. Hopefully it's still a work in progress, because I would feel really terrible about spending $10 on this weapon otherwise...

My suggestion to change the Boltor into something more viable is to completely change the stats. The Boltor should be changed to a semi auto rifle. Along with a damage increase to a point between the Snipetron and Latron, say 40 base damage. It should also have a slight velocity increase over the Bolto and fire a javelin sized bolt.

I don't have it yet but ill get it soon. I was expecting a burst fire Bolto with High damage...

Or a bolto shotgun.

I do feel dissapointed in the choice stated though

I'm quite happy with it, even upgraded it with the Orokin thingy after getting a couple of ranks. I had "heavy bolter" from Warhammer in mind but well, close enough lol. I'm sure it will be a lot better once you get it to rank 30, like many other dodgy weapons.

Admittedly though it could've been a bit faster than the Bolto, yeah.

So in other words, you want a rifle that is like a Latron, only it has more damage and fires armor-ignoring bolts....

Personally, I don't mind at all if its just a Bolto in place of a primary because I would be always using it. The more ammo the better!

I think I was laughing all the way to the killscreen, ranking from "unranked" to 7 in one session, and I am thinking it's an awesome weapon with tons of fun. I am also thinking that I don't want a Laboltotron, and I was not disappointed in the slightest - if anything, I am shocked how beasty this rifle is. The damage output is insane.

I'm totally ok with the BOLTRON....it's really funny!! It deals a lot of (armor ingoring!!!) damage.... The only thing I hate is the looking! IN that way i was expcting a big BOLTO...not a common rifle, but something more like an automatic crossbow, or something like that....

Edited by goldeminer2

I love my Boltor and I think it's quite alright the way it is, although I'd suggest faster projectiles maybe, as it is a rifle and not a pistol. It will probably replace my HEK for a while.

As for the model being that of the Burston, I simply assume it's a placeholder because the Boltor model wasn't done when they rolled out Update 6. I hope to see a design in the plant-like style of the Bolto.

Edited by Liandra

enemies that can take entire clips
thing that take an entire clip is the heavy units and bosses

Didn't I just ... say that? *blink* Where did you get the assumption from that I meant that all enemies take entire clips of 117 bolts to kill? But thanks for the advice, I guess. Thanks for looking out for me, but don't worry - I know my way around this game quite well. You can find me in the Top 20 of the leaderboards. :D

Didn't I just ... say that? *blink* Where did you get the assumption from that I meant that all enemies take entire clips of 117 bolts to kill? But thanks for the advice, I guess. Thanks for looking out for me, but don't worry - I know my way around this game quite well. You can find me in the Top 20 of the leaderboards. :D

You didn't buy the AKGorgoBoltHEKScindo? I only need one shot/swing to kill all the enemies ever.

How heavy are enemies bouncing if you hit them with that thing? That was always an issue for me with the Bolto, you can't properly line up your shots; thanks to the really long travel time of the bolt and the enemy bouncing all over the place after being hit, thus resulting in the rest of your shots missing.

The Boltor is amazing and has tons of ammo, even unranked, something Bolto and AkBolto lack. That said, it would be nice if it got a unique touch to seperate it from AkBolto but I'm not sure what would be best, really.

Well just got it myself and i love it, only issue i get when joining random people is the lag wich is not great with a projectile weapon.

Does make nice wall decorations tho, opened door sprayed on group put entire squad against the wall.