Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointed with new Boltor

Mortarion

So long as you've gotten your practice with the Bolto, it shouldn't be a problem. With regards to using these sorts of weapons, it helps that Grineer stick behind cover very predictably and you can generally spray down hallways at head height and catch the little bit that is sticking out. It ignores armor, so you don't need headshots, but that would be a little faster. Long range targets as well, as they predictably crouch behind railing all the time. You can easily hit them in the legs or between the panels that are on most railing, or even catch the top of their heads because they don't really move that often in those scenarios no matter the range.

I like the Boltor, I just wish they'd do something about it being unable to crit (since all those nodes are worthless on its upgrade tree), unable to take piercing mods, and unable to have its projectile speed boosted in any way.

I like the Boltor, I just wish they'd do something about it being unable to crit (since all those nodes are worthless on its upgrade tree), unable to take piercing mods, and unable to have its projectile speed boosted in any way.

replace crit chance slots with projectile speed slots

replace crit damage slots with ammo max slots.

Problem solved.

Problem solved.

GENIUS!!!

I personally love the gun, they do need to fix the aiming bug though, I can't hit those chargers at my feet or those bloody camera's on the ceiling! (For those who dont know, the furthur you aim up or down, the furthur the actual gun aim is off from the reticule.

Its better that the boltor doesn't get to crit becuase then they would have to nerf it to keep it inline with the other guns. once they come out with the new weapon upgrade trees like they did with warframes i'm hoping the crit upgrades are replaced

Edited by Wolfereign

i have been useing the boltor since the update its acually pretty good its not your friend if you tend to have lagg spikes

i dont think it should be semi auto i can tap and shoot one bolt if i need to but since i have a multishot mod on it it fires 2 bolts instead of 1 the rate of fire is just fine

i find the multishot mod combined with a rate of fire and the rest damage it tends to be OP combined with frosts freeze against bosses/heavys you tend to wipe them out quickly

I picked my Boltor up from the Foundry earlier today. I then proceeded to solo Lua, with the weapon unranked, with no issues. Apart from running out of ammo towards the end, but that issue will solve itself with a few levels. This gun is DAMNED good. The only two things I would ask for would be a unique model, and a slight-to-moderate increase on projectile velocity. It only makes sense for a full assault rifle to fire faster projectiles than a sidearm.

Problem solved.

I WOULD agree with this, but that would give the Bolto two completely unique upgrade traits. I'm not sure that's a good idea, at least right now.

Edited by Kirbuncle

its probably my favorite rifle as is. I think i would enjoy a slower firing version of the gun more though. Like right now if the bolt kills the first target it continues to fly and can damage or kill a 2nd target. If individual bolts did more damage it would be viable and fun to try to line up enemies to kill multiple with a single bolt.

its probably my favorite rifle as is. I think i would enjoy a slower firing version of the gun more though. Like right now if the bolt kills the first target it continues to fly and can damage or kill a 2nd target. If individual bolts did more damage it would be viable and fun to try to line up enemies to kill multiple with a single bolt.

Put a penetration mod on it.

I've currently got a Gorgon, but I kind of want another primary.

Is the Boltor recommended?

I can't quiet decided on what to supercharge or build, after the rather pitiful Dual Zoren nonsense.

It's a bolto that has 500 reserve ammo/48 magazine base, uses the rifle upgrade tree(5 mods instead of 4), and fires faster(easier to double tap things due to the second dart hitting before the stagger animation begins). If you liked the bolto, you'll love the boltor.

It's a bolto that has 500 reserve ammo/48 magazine base, uses the rifle upgrade tree(5 mods instead of 4), and fires faster(easier to double tap things due to the second dart hitting before the stagger animation begins). If you liked the bolto, you'll love the boltor.

Never used the Bolto, but I've heard good things from it. My only problem, is about rumors.

I've heard the Bolto cannot fire through the Volt's Electric shield.

I main Volt. Is Boltor the same?

First of all the Boltor is a fantastic weapon and well worth building/buying.

That said, I'd like to see the following changes:

- The removal of unusable upgrades (Crit chance/Crit damage) from the upgrade tree. As we have gotten different upgrade trees for the different Warframes, I hope we will soon get different trees for the weapons, which will fix this hopefully.

- The issue of how inaccurate the crosshairs become when aiming up high or down low.

- The way the projectile seems to "spawn" at least a few feet away from the actual barrel. If things are up close you physically can't hit them, even though it looks like you are more than able to from your perspective. I think this is the cause of the above point about crosshair inaccuracy at extreme aim elevations.

- Increased projectile speed. I'm finding it impossible to hit moving targets if I am not host, and even when I am it is very hard. (Harder than Bolto because of the bullet spread.)

- Currently there is absolutely no recoil. You can fire the entire clip and it will just land around the spread. I'd prefer if the accuracy was pinpoint (or at least a much tighter spread), but that the gun recoiled after each shot.

Can't wait to see it's real model.

Edited by Nitris

The Boltor is a double-edged sword (we need one in this game). It's one of the best weapons for solo'ing, and one of the worst for multiplayer (provided the host has anything less than amazing internet)

But that's not the way to handle a double edged sword... If it was an intended mechanic then that's fine, but when the edge is made by a problem in the engine or a problem with the connection that needs to be fixed.