Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointed with new Boltor

Mortarion

boltor is a joke ....

Great bit of feedback there. Let me take your first reason for why you think this way and offer a counter point... oh wait.

Ok, well let me give my thoughts on your first suggestion you gave for making it less of a joke... oh wait.

the boltor has its pros and cons

the fact that you cant hit within close quarter combat should be fixed.

also unusable stats for the bolt weapons in generel should be fixed

the no recoil is a double edged sword, the enemy is knocked back, it is like a recoil where you waste a lot of ammo.

also the projectile speed is fair for this power

Edited by LazerusKI

boltor is a joke ....

I know! It's a riot. I picked it up and started laughing, it was brutal. Took it unranked into Ceres, and my new BoltoR looked me and asked: "... may I?" - "But sure." - "Really, all these squishy Grineer?" - "Yupp, all yours. Brought four ammo boxes." - "Yaaaaay!" It was the damn cutest thing ever. And then it started murdering.

That is what you meant, right? With it's a joke? Because anything else would imply that you have troubles ascertaining engine power.

The Boltor is indeed a beastly weapon, how ever I would like to see a Latron style Bolt weapon.

So you could kill less and/or deal less damage? Because the BoltoR has 100% accuracy (affected by recoil). A Laboltron would deal more damage, but shoot slower, have a smaller clip and need headshots - which does not really work with a slow firing projectile. The beauty of the BoltoR is the high rate of fire to compensate for moving targets and apply deflection shooting tactics.

yep, thats realy nice.

the main problem i have with the boltor is the boss armor, it is very nice against nearly every enemy, but bosses like the new frost guy...pumped 1500 shots into him, took him like 10% life.

a sniper-like bolto...i dont know, on the one side it would be cool, but would it be usefull? snipetron can have armor piercing and penetration, bolto cant, also snipetron can be very nice with crit and multishot, a bolt weapon cant crit.

also the bolt is very slow, you would miss more than you would hit.

dont think a sniper-bolto would be that good.

one question: is it possible to equip bolto weapons with armor-piercing mods?

they act like elemental mods with a seperate number of damage i think, would be interesting to know

Edited by LazerusKI

I don't have it yet but ill get it soon. I was expecting a burst fire Bolto with High damage...

Or a bolto shotgun.

I do feel dissapointed in the choice stated though

i would LOVE to see a Bolto-like shotgun introduced. it'd basically be a regular shotty with Flachette rounds. i love the concept. hopefully we see it made and not suck

Boltos don't take puncture, crit chance/damage and armour-piercing mods, because they ignore all armour. They deal 100% unmitigated damage to all targets that don't have global damage reduction (i.e. Grineer Grinders/Commanders/Bosses).

i would LOVE to see a Bolto-like shotgun introduced. it'd basically be a regular shotty with Flachette rounds. i love the concept. hopefully we see it made and not suck

I had a concept in my head for that, actually. The Boltus. I don't have a tablet or anything, sadly, or else I'd sketch it out, but the idea revolves around the weapon using heavy-duty cartridges shaped like a blunted cone, with each nail in it's own individual small housing, angled slightly outwards, and a segmented barrel lined with rifled tubes that line up with the nails, resulting in a fixed, circular spread. The overall mental image I have is of a somewhat eccentric cross between a heavy industrial tool and a futuristic blunderbuss.

I love this gun. It's a godsend against Grineer and Corpus since it deal consistent damage and double damage on headshot. Need to get moderately close to your target if you're not hosting but it's fine. ATM it's recoiless which is probably a bug so I guess when the recoil got implement this weapon will be less loved and require more skill to use.

A model change to something more Tennoish (archaic design like the Bolto) would be much appreciated

You already have to compensate for desynch issues and the slow travel speed of the bolts; plus the knockback animations from the Grineer which will lead many a bolt astray. Added recoil on the Boltor would make it a fairly bad weapon.

I agree on the skin though, it should be in line with the Bolto, but i'm sure they're working on that already. The Aklato had the wrong model for quite some time aswell.