Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Alliance - Dead Clans Society

BornToDevour

There are a few problems that needs to be sorted though.

1. What if a clan is MIA or actually dead after joining?

2. What's the purpose of said alliance. Is it taking over dark sectors? Help out on clan events? etc... I get the idea of uniting clans but it's not clearly defined on what the alliance is for. It's no different than running a solo clan.

3. There's clans in different regions and places. How are you gonna manage clans when internet speed and timezone are an issue?

4. What are the roles? Like what does the alliance leaders/clan do? What are the roles of the other clans?

It's a neat idea but it's still a poorly thought out idea regardless.

11 hours ago, RaiuLyn said:

There are a few problems that needs to be sorted though.

1. What if a clan is MIA or actually dead after joining?

2. What's the purpose of said alliance. Is it taking over dark sectors? Help out on clan events? etc... I get the idea of uniting clans but it's not clearly defined on what the alliance is for. It's no different than running a solo clan.

3. There's clans in different regions and places. How are you gonna manage clans when internet speed and timezone are an issue?

4. What are the roles? Like what does the alliance leaders/clan do? What are the roles of the other clans?

It's a neat idea but it's still a poorly thought out idea regardless.

1. As of right now, I don't believe this is a problem. Alliances have a 4000 member cap, and I don't think we're anywhere close to reaching it. If MIA/completely dead clans become an eventual issue, I would try to contact the MIA/dead clan leader before taking action, and if I get no response for an extended period or I get their permission, I would remove them from the alliance.

2. Originally the purpose was to find a group of people with solo/inactive clans to run Pacifist Defect with. I can't speak for everyone else that joined, but for me, I get a little depressed and lonely staring at only my name in clan chat. It's really nice to meet new people, and be able to talk with a large group. It gives this sense of being part of a much larger clan, with all the perks of still being a part of my current one. I see the alliance as more of a gathering place for people who like their own inactive/solo/dying clan but still want the company of a larger group. There is also a group that does raids together within the alliance. And some people use the alliance chat as a friendlier region chat to ask for help, tips, and just to talk.

If members want the alliance to take on a more specific purpose, then all they need to do is ask, and I'll work with them to accommodate their wants and needs for the alliance.

3. We're not. We currently have players from around the world (I'm honestly surprised) who play at all different times of day. I've been on at various points and always seen at least a dozen people on in alliance chat. Since there are no alliance mandated activities, if two (or more) people want to run something together, it's on them to work it out.

4. As alliance leader, all I currently do is answer questions about the alliance, invite clans into the alliance, and tell people that if they are offended or upset with another clan they can report it to me, and I'll try to work with the offending party. The other clans don't have a specific role right now, but if any were to ask me, I'd be more than happy to let them have a desired role.

You are exactly right! It is poorly thought out, and that probably isn't going to change unless someone asks and wants change. In case you couldn't tell, this is a fairly casual alliance. It really is more of a gathering place than an alliance with a clearly defined purpose and goal. It's an alliance where you can do your own thing, and I'm more than happy to work with anyone in the alliance to better accommodate them.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Edited by BornToDevour
Word Choice + Spelling

can you send me an invite to the Alliance

Clan Name = Retchid Crew - 10 members currently will be expanding end of June after Moratorium ends 

My ingame is Retchid

Uk based 70% of research done expect 100% soon 

Off for a 3 hr stint on Helena damn those Nano and Plastic research requirements (see - you share my pain)

23 hours ago, BornToDevour said:

1. As of right now, I don't believe this is a problem. Alliances have a 4000 member cap, and I don't think we're anywhere close to reaching it. If MIA/completely dead clans become an eventual issue, I would try to contact the MIA/dead clan leader before taking action, and if I get no response for an extended period or I get their permission, I would remove them from the alliance.

Fair enough.

2. Originally the purpose was to find a group of people with solo/inactive clans to run Pacifist Defect with. I can't speak for everyone else that joined, but for me, I get a little depressed and lonely staring at only my name in clan chat. It's really nice to meet new people, and be able to talk with a large group. It gives this sense of being part of a much larger clan, with all the perks of still being a part of my current one. I see the alliance as more of a gathering place for people who like their own inactive/solo/dying clan but still want the company of a larger group. There is also a group that does raids together within the alliance. And some people use the alliance chat as a friendlier region chat to ask for help, tips, and just to talk.

If members want the alliance to take on a more specific purpose, then all they need to do is ask, and I'll work with them to accommodate their wants and needs for the alliance.

So basically a ninja village with multiple clans inhabiting. Anything is better than the region or the DC chat. 

3. We're not. We currently have players from around the world (I'm honestly surprised) who play at all different times of day. I've been on at various points and always seen at least a dozen people on in alliance chat. Since there are no alliance mandated activities, if two (or more) people want to run something together, it's on them to work it out.

So if I want to run a raid group, the chances of having a full 8-man squad is next to little. No mandated activities would mean no way to organise raid groups and such when clans are in different timezones.

4. As alliance leader, all I currently do is answer questions about the alliance, invite clans into the alliance, and tell people that if they are offended or upset with another clan they can report it to me, and I'll try to work with the offending party. The other clans don't have a specific role right now, but if any were to ask me, I'd be more than happy to let them have a desired role.

I see. It's too early for roles since the alliance is new anyway.

You are exactly right! It is poorly thought out, and that probably isn't going to change unless someone asks and wants change. In case you couldn't tell, this is a fairly casual alliance. It really is more of a gathering place than an alliance with a clearly defined purpose and goal. It's an alliance where you can do your own thing, and I'm more than happy to work with anyone in the alliance to better accommodate them.

At least we can agree on one thing. Raids and clan events require people and that is the one thing we all lack when we have a clan that is almost empty.

---------------------------------

That said. I'll join as well.

Clan name: ShadowSnake

The ghost clan "Twisted Paradigm" is interested in joining this alliance. 6 people strong. (with life that may cause any one of us to unapologeticly and without warning stop logging in for months at a time. But we wont be offended if we are kicked from the alliance). Also none of our warlords use discord, but have no problem using text based communication. The main reason I want to join the alliance is so our clan can have a larger base of people to talk to, also raids sound fun and having a group of people for that would be advantageous.

Clan: Twisted Paradigm

IGN: Silentmage

• 4 weeks later...
On 3. 3. 2017 at 3:07 AM, BornToDevour said:

Are you in a solo, dead, dying, or mostly inactive clan?

Do you wish you had other people to play with, but don't want to leave your current clan?

Are you willing to take a risk on a brand new alliance?

Don't have enough active members to get into a legit alliance?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, consider joining the Dead Clans Society. We are a brand new alliance for the clans that aren't big or active enough to go anywhere else. After the Hema research costs and now the Ignis Wraith requirements, our mostly inactive clan had the idea to gather other inactive/solo/dead/dying clans together.

As of this moment, we don't have TeamSpeak/Discord but will set that up should anyone express interest after joining. Same story with alliance emblem.

The only requirements to join are to ask and to have patience with my management of the alliance. It's my first time managing an alliance, so I'll do my best and take any and all advice under consideration. Being part of a solo/dead/dying/inactive clan is optional, but preferred. Thanks for reading! Have a good day!

Please invite our clan: Beasts of Death

On 3. 3. 2017 at 3:07 AM, BornToDevour said:

Are you in a solo, dead, dying, or mostly inactive clan?

Do you wish you had other people to play with, but don't want to leave your current clan?

Are you willing to take a risk on a brand new alliance?

Don't have enough active members to get into a legit alliance?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, consider joining the Dead Clans Society. We are a brand new alliance for the clans that aren't big or active enough to go anywhere else. After the Hema research costs and now the Ignis Wraith requirements, our mostly inactive clan had the idea to gather other inactive/solo/dead/dying clans together.

As of this moment, we don't have TeamSpeak/Discord but will set that up should anyone express interest after joining. Same story with alliance emblem.

The only requirements to join are to ask and to have patience with my management of the alliance. It's my first time managing an alliance, so I'll do my best and take any and all advice under consideration. Being part of a solo/dead/dying/inactive clan is optional, but preferred. Thanks for reading! Have a good day!

HOW DO I DELETE THIS, GODDAMMIT

Edited by DannyKaboom

I would like to join, it was a Solo Clan, but I've started to recruit.

Plan to keep it a Ghost, with 10/10 members active, staying casual.

The later is turning out to be quiet the task without having to kick some after 30 days. I fear the Clan announcement page will soon turn only into "X was kicked from the clan".

Clan: System Network

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i made a clan with two other friends and im the only active one left :p i dont want to lose all the stuff i put into it. if u still have room

{RYKR} is the clan name

thank you

edit: easiest way to reach me is discord. kailash#2180

Edited by wasagaji

Hey, this sound like just the place if you've still got room. Would really like to join. 

Clan Name: Covenant Knights

I returned to warframe not too long ago after several momths away. Its just me now as my one other clan mate is gone and I can't give up everything we built. I don't mind doing research alone but sorties, leveling, and raids get pretty lonely with no one to talk to. I'm East coast US and play mostly at night, hope to find some alliance buddies.