The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron Vandal Is So Getting A Nerf

Ventias

/discuss

how bad do you think the nerf will be ?

It is an exclusive weapon, it is not going to be widespread supply thus without affecting the power balance for the future, only affecting during the present time, it will be long forgotten.

So no it is not getting nerfed so soon as it doesn't affect the power balance within the game that common weapons do.

Edited by Jacate

It is an exclusive weapon, it is not going to be widespread supply thus without affecting the power balance for the future, only affecting during the present time, it will be long forgotten.

So no it is not getting nerfed so soon as it doesn't affect the power balance within the game that common weapons do.

that may be true, but i just see it. From the bottom of my heart i just know its going to happen lol. 

Braton Vandal would like a word.

It's possible to have a nerf, but only because it is way better then the normal Snipertron, i mean, 2 more bullets, faster shooting speed, faster reload speed, and higher damage?

They could keep one or 2 of the stats the same, i do believe they only kept part of the name and part of he texture the same, everything else was improved.

So i believe in the near future, if a nerf appears, most likely will be a nerf on shooting speed and reload speed. (not one of those, both)

Why do you think this weapon needs a nerf, it is strong, as a sniper rifle should be, it is commonly used scoped, or unscoped, both times it is useless against enemy clusters, especially at high levels. Modding it will make it more wide-ranged but not overpowered.

Why do you think this weapon needs a nerf, it is strong, as a sniper rifle should be, it is commonly used scoped, or unscoped, both times it is useless against enemy clusters, especially at high levels. Modding it will make it more wide-ranged but not overpowered.

hey you are welcome to disagree.

Just seeing as the braton vandal and the hek that got nerfed, i just get the feeling that the snipetron vandal will be the next target o_o 

and this of course

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/76852-1-shot-1-kill-ambulas-and-kril/

hey you are welcome to disagree.

Just seeing as the braton vandal and the hek that got nerfed, i just get the feeling that the snipetron vandal will be the next target o_o 

and this of course

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/76852-1-shot-1-kill-ambulas-and-kril/

the default snipetron can 1 hit kril too, the forma made everything op not the items themselves, we can use any mod maxed now

Edit: IF they will nerf it.. the reload speed or clip size will most likely be the only suitable and effective to be nerfed

Edited by Hatr

Would be nice to bring the other sniper rifles into a position that would make them also appealing to use as well.

But it seems that's such a horribly difficult thing to do because it's so much less effort to nerf one thing rather than bringing up three other things up to a better standard.

Yes, I get the idea that both buffs and nerfs are necessary, but this is the first sniper rifle the community seems to actually have a generally positive reaction to.

What a shame.

well it seems i started a flame war instead of a conversation.

so just let the thread die, just let it get buried in the forum. 

edit: i just sent a report to close the thread. 

also @Mir. that was quite judgmental and kind of hurt a bit. 

the default snipetron can 1 hit kril too, the forma made everything op not the items themselves, we can use any mod maxed now

it wasnd formad, if you read a few posts in the thread he mentioned it. 

Edited by Ventias

Nothing to see here, just an OP posting controversial topic for attention.

and you gave him that attention by replying. Anyway back to the topic yes i would think so that it may get nerfed in the future as it has a faster reload than most automatic rifles but i do understand that it is a "upgraded" version of the original one ( which was already pretty good to begin with) i dont mind the snipedal's damage or its fire rate for me it just has too much reload speed.

the base stats of this weapon is above average yes but one stand out more than the others its reload speed i would probably suggest the reload speed be nerfed as of now it is was too fast for a sniper even for an upgrade. with a max fast hands it has less than 2 seconds to it and for a sniper user that would be a huge advantage even if the enemy has like 10-20 chasing after you.

Nerfing an event-exclusive weapon? It won't happen.

Also, as the OP read this thread by Steve yet? Particularly this line:

"DON'T NERF "X", MAKE "Y" AS GOOD AS "X": Message received and understood."

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/55421-update-8-related-work/

If the recent buffs to Rhino/Mag/Volt were any indication then they do seem to be following this path. It also means you can probably expect a Vulkar buff instead of a Shaftdal nerf.

Braton Vandal would like a word.

During the time the braton vandal was nerfed, was its supply already cut off or was it still in the store for amazing 1 credit with no actual mastery requirements contributing to absolute power creep?

Which unlike this weapon, braton vandal had an actual time for alot of players to acquire to weapon and ruin the need to progress the rank system to acquire better weapons.

Edited by Jacate

Nerfing an event-exclusive weapon? It won't happen.

Also, as the OP read this thread by Steve yet? Particularly this line:

"DON'T NERF "X", MAKE "Y" AS GOOD AS "X": Message received and understood."

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/55421-update-8-related-work/

If the recent buffs to Rhino/Mag/Volt were any indication then they do seem to be following this path. It also means you can probably expect a Vulkar buff instead of a Shaftdal nerf.

Being an event exclusive weapon doesnt make it immune to balancing, it is like any other weapon in the game sure it might not be released to the pubic who didnt participate in the event but having that said, just because some people killed like 30 informers doesnt mean they deserve a weapon that can 1 hit kril and ambulas. And a nerf doesnt necessarily mean they are going to break the weapon it used to be they are gonna tweak it ie.( slower reload or fire rate, maybe 1 less bullet) they wont attack it head on like NERF ALL STATS ROF,MAG SIZE, LESS DAMAGE, LESS RELOAD SPEED. 

Being an event exclusive weapon doesnt make it immune to balancing, it is like any other weapon in the game sure it might not be released to the pubic who didnt participate in the event but having that said, just because some people killed like 30 informers doesnt mean they deserve a weapon that can 1 hit kril and ambulas. And a nerf doesnt necessarily mean they are going to break the weapon it used to be they are gonna tweak it ie.( slower reload or fire rate, maybe 1 less bullet) they wont attack it head on like NERF ALL STATS ROF,MAG SIZE, LESS DAMAGE, LESS RELOAD SPEED. 

with the right mods you can 1 hit kill bosses with the other snipetron. he had primed chamber as well as sonar was in effect which increace dmg by 500%.

The reason why they won't nerf exclusive weapons because simply the fact is that they have limited supply and won't serve to put all other weapons out of commission for the future only the current state of time.

Thus the only actual reason they may nerf it because simply too much people has it. If lesser people had the weapon, it wouldn't be given two craps and there would be post about it being free to everyone.

Overall what threatens the in-game progression system (leveling) is power creep because by having weapons with no requirements to be equal or more powerful than weapons of rank 7 mastery, it would make it pointless to level and allow users to traverse the game without difficulty. That is not what DE wants and thus that is why the braton vandal was nerfed. Being sold to too many users having the ability to defeat the original braton made the weapon obsolete to all beta testers.

Also at 1 credit and 0 mastery requirements, we have new players joining and using a weapon better than one of the better weapons in-game at that time. However for the snipetron vandal its simply is limited to a further extent to by having a one time event, those in it gets it. That is the problem which is why i proposed that the event should not have been completed.

If it had not been completed, users will still get the vandal, a much smaller number will (i will be out of that pool). In addition we will get a new possible future boss that is gathered from the drone tech overall supplementing the game with overall more content that can actually increase the games life and not lead to a widespread providing of such a unnecessarily high hand out.

DE should do something about the supply of exclusive weapons to allow them to exist as really unique to players who deserve it.

with the right mods you can 1 hit kill bosses with the other snipetron. he had primed chamber as well as sonar was in effect which increace dmg by 500%.

Yep, I was about to post this too in rebuttal to Dreiii's. 

"just because some people killed like 30 informers doesnt mean they deserve a weapon that can 1 hit kril and ambulas"

Uhhh, what? Why should it bother you that other people have this weapon, regardless of their kill count? This comment just reeks of entitlement/crab mentality, sorry.

One of my clanmates has a multi-formaed Vulkar that can already one-shot bosses. So the Snipetron Vandal is most definitely not the only weapon out there capable of this.