Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4K UI Support

[DE]Pablo

23 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

If everyone could please attach the 'worst case scenario' screenshots to the posts as well it'd be enormously helpful - visual examples would be greatly appreciated.

unknown.png

4k user here, the initial SS of "what we deal with" is deceptive. It looks small to you, but for me it's stretched across a 32 inch screen, and perfectly readable. What it is now is just horrible. I got my 4k to see more, not to see bigger.03efLMJ.jpg

An update, we got a couple pretty good leads on this, so unless disaster hits we'll have a solution later next week.

As an aside, looking through the thread, a few things like MR 3 test screen being broken, broken mod selling for credits, overlap on profile screen, and a couple more things that I saw in here are unrelated and will be fixed in the next update.

To:

On 3/25/2017 at 2:40 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

If everyone could please attach the 'worst case scenario' screenshots to the posts as well it'd be enormously helpful - visual examples would be greatly appreciated.

CC:

43 minutes ago, [DE]Pablo said:

on this,

1280*1024 here.

Does the fact that the last note of the first Anthem's segment falls outside the UI's interactable area - which makes it uncompletable - count?

~last pixel inside

5TeZpz1.jpg

Outside
baUt3PF.jpg

Settings
GBgsbHE.jpg

Thankfully, lowering the resolution to 800*600 puts juuust enough of a corner inside the interactable area that you can get past that.

-----

The rest of the UI's mostly fine, just slightly smaller / elevated. (Example: before, after.)
The end of mission 'mission success' background flare and the text are Z-axis offset from each other.

P.S.
I love the arsenal improvements, and the 'change loadout from nav'.  :D <3

Edited by Chroia
Added resolution outside the spoiler

I've gotten used to it now, just takes some screen and game resolution adjusting and it's... playable.

But it feels like I'm playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (2003) on PC, terribad scaling and all. Seriously, the UI makes me feel like I'm playing a console game from 10 years ago on a low resolution laptop my granny bought me.

Just now, tweakoli said:

Not sure about Kotor but Kotor2 with HD pack off of steam has perfect UI scaling at 1440p.

Kotor 2 does, that's true. It's amazing to see how well it's held up after all these years. Kotor not so much, although it still runs perfectly on my original 2001 Xbox (lol).

The two original Kotors have got to be some of the best games I have ever payed. So fun.

18 hours ago, Maverick124 said:

DE, this is a recurring trend in almost ALL of the content creation you do. You make something you think players will like, and it turns out they absolutely hate it. Maybe you could avoid this if you actually played your own game.

Maybe it's time they stopped treating the whole of the PC player base as beta testers, and instead implemented a proper beta test server, so that things could get tested by people who want to test them, before they end up pushed to live, and 'entangled in code' (which is a whole other can of worms, that calls into question whether or not they're following coding best-practices).

Personally I think it's about time the UI got an overhaul anyway, to better support both customisation, and PC/console specific operation/features, instead of the unwieldy compromise we currently have, that also suggests form over function design.

Edited by polarity

It seems unlikely that they'll fix this-- the Kavor event garnered 40 pages of responses in the first few hours-- this-- 10 pages in the first day. They hotfixed a solution to the Kavor reward requirements scaling quickly-- this they're waiting to see if people complain.

The fact that the infographic says their player base grew 35% in the last 12 months suggests they're content with their current path. But while I started in the last 115 days (and my clan completed the Hema)-- I'm no longer funding this game because of some decisions they've made since I started playing.

If they'd fixed some of the other issues, then I'd trust they'd fix this-- but all things considered-- I look at a person's (or company's) actions and not their words.

Most of the UI is bearable but I am going to have to turn off Frame Rate, RAM, Ping because with its low resolution at that size it hurts my eyes. The rest is just a bit too in my face, I actually like the idea of UI being bigger but maybe not quite this big, At least a good 30-50% smaller than it is now

5EkMtpI.png

Please, don't forget that the FOV has to be fixed too! Not only the UI, everything looks like squished vertically at 1080p ! Sorry for no pics about this, but without the exact same pic that wouldn't show much.

All I know is that the overall visual feeling of the game is very different because of a change in the FOV. Please fix it, as it is really unbearable for me.

I used to make fun of people saying they were feeling motion sickness in games....never again. Now I realize how serious an issue this is.

Edited by lukaself

I guess enough pictures have been shared but I just wanted to say that this really needs to be fixed, the FOV feels so bad now, even before the maximum setting felt slightly too narrow for me, this UI scaling and whatever else is going on is making it not fun playing the game.

I feel like this is going to be relatable to when Dell sent me a monitor, I told them it was broken, sent them an image with said message......and they asked what was wrong with it, as if nothing was or they're just playing dumb (half the screen was black/not lit/had no backlighting, so I essentially had half a 27" monitor) and they asked me what was wrong with it, really? :D 

Bit hard to show before/after shots considering I don't really screenshot menu elements/menus/interactables/hud etc etc. Nor will things fully represent themself through 100% through a screenshot on forums and did not expect such a mess up with the hud/menu elements/resolution scaling, otherwise I would have prepared such. 

But seriously it feels like I'm sitting with my face far too close to something, my eyes can't focus properly and it kind of hurts to look at, as well as making me feel nauseous, besides the fact of the game look a lot cheaper/low res and just gross in general. This feels more like a hack-job than a proper resolution scaling/ui scaling implementation.

thWijRo.png

This is esseentially what it's like for me 2560x1440, oh mm. Bigger elements at a lower res, two things I did not want, I like my smaller elements at higher res (or just not stretched to a bigger scale so the small resolution is even more noticeable)

TIn5joP.png

For some people I have seen instances of this, take the difference of size in the "boxes" as the size of resolutions, not screen size. Okay, both have the same size elements and resolutions for said elements, but one clearly isn't right for its situation. Their screen is littered.

Example:

Spoiler

Y52kqfR.jpg

Credit @Chimparzan

Spoiler

B2B4B46EFC7170DE150CEE90B86E5209B8F3BC83

Credit @Vavtrudner

Though that is examples of HUD scaling, rather than the interfaces/menu elements and resolution scaling. So I can't confirm if their hud scale slider is maxed up or not. Personally for me, the in-game hud elements are fine, but basically everything else isn't, a lot of interfaces/menus, popups, reward screens etc.

Here's some before and after examples at 2560x1440 of a few of the menus;

Spoiler

YTldclx.png

GZ4IyUa.png

yp7gFsW.png

Credit @Sean

Generally if we have bigger resolutions, we like and want to make use of that extra real estate we have, which now we don't really.

Here's an example of the focus school tree:

Spoiler

BjedFCb.jpg

Credit @MrMiscast

That is on 1920x1080, and it's the same for everyone above, 2560x1440, 2560x1600, 3840x2160. Asides from the obviousness of this not even fitting the screen now (text is off screen, parts are cut off) before (at least for me at 2560x1440) this menu was zoomed out quite nicely, and you could zoom in if you wished by rolling the wheel (not that you had to, everything was perfectly seeable and readable, this looks like a zoomed in, low resolution mess (not as bad as those damn dark sector pop ups though)

Like this:

Spoiler

fAOxLcY.jpg

I tried to make this, and the rest of my examples as obvious, simple and in-your-face as possible, just like the current elements/scaling/hud/menu stuffs.

Blue = good/correct.

Pink = bad/incorrect.

Spoiler

Y2G40WC.jpg

Spoiler

lFizt5J.jpg

d16GBPi.jpg

Spoiler

v15NWN1.jpg

vZfTPCP.jpg

As you can see the foundry menu seems alright.

Spoiler

7AQjAk9.jpg

The only part I'm unsure about in this one is whether or not the market icon/tiles were always like that, regardless they could be done with being more like the foundry menu, should have at least 3 rows or so no?

Spoiler

Pkc6bPN.jpg

On 24/03/2017 at 11:40 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

12 hours ago, [DE]Pablo said:

An update, we got a couple pretty good leads on this, so unless disaster hits we'll have a solution later next week.

As an aside, looking through the thread, a few things like MR 3 test screen being broken, broken mod selling for credits, overlap on profile screen, and a couple more things that I saw in here are unrelated and will be fixed in the next update.

This is a mix of before and afters, obviously the ones with only blue highlights are the before. Blue+Pink mix or just pink is after.

Edited by A7xConnor

The interface is laughably large (it almost looks comical), but size aside - the vector graphics scale cleanly, while the text must be bitmap? They're terribly fuzzy. In any case, it still hurts my eyes. And because it's a flaw in WarFrame, it hurts my soul.

15 hours ago, babno said:

4k user here, the initial SS of "what we deal with" is deceptive. It looks small to you, but for me it's stretched across a 32 inch screen, and perfectly readable. What it is now is just horrible. I got my 4k to see more, not to see bigger.

I had to login and make a reply - even though i just lurk all the time - to give you a +1 for this.

I really don't see what was the logic behind the supposed "4k UI support" because now as someone who uses a 4k monitor:

• I have scrollbars on everything when i should have enough screen estate to hold 10x the content,
  • Unnecessary huge UI elements occupying some much screen space,
  • ^^ Even worse, they just made vanilla elements bigger, so now they look worse than something made for the PS1,
  • ^^^ Everything looks blurred and blocky at the same time
  • Even at 4k some UI elements do not match their action/interaction points, so i cant even click them or need to "feel the space around" to see where they are hooked,
  • FoV .... omfg the FoV

Let me tell you, apart from the small icons that show up when on the orbiter, that display current credit/affinity boster - etc - and could be a *bit* bigger, and the missing ability to change font size on the chat panel i couldnt find anything that was need of immediate - or even at all - change.

10 hours ago, Maziani said:

It seems unlikely that they'll fix this-- the Kavor event garnered 40 pages of responses in the first few hours-- this-- 10 pages in the first day. They hotfixed a solution to the Kavor reward requirements scaling quickly-- this they're waiting to see if people complain.

The fact that the infographic says their player base grew 35% in the last 12 months suggests they're content with their current path. But while I started in the last 115 days (and my clan completed the Hema)-- I'm no longer funding this game because of some decisions they've made since I started playing.

If they'd fixed some of the other issues, then I'd trust they'd fix this-- but all things considered-- I look at a person's (or company's) actions and not their words.

Lol did you even read Pablo's reply on the previous page orrr.....