Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4K UI Support

[DE]Pablo

I for one am not to impressed with how this has been implemented.

I am a 1080p gamer, and I am glad that scaling for those who play on 4k got sorted out.

The new size of the hud on my screen has really thrown me out, I have muscle memory for things that I carry in each mission, restores, specters and the like, and now this new size has just thrown off my game.

I am not saying to change it back, but why have it even change at all for those of us who do use 1080p? it seems counter productive to me, it has been this way for so long, and now we suddenly have a change and we have to learn how to handle it.

In my opinion, it looked much better before this scaling came in.

11 hours ago, FlinttheImmortal said:

One thing you forgot to set up on each screen with the introduction of 4K - unless it has already been mentioned - was the scaling of the highlight border when selecting missions listed in the world state window.  The graphic got scaled up to 4K, but the highlight border did not - it only covers roughly the top half of the graphic for each mission.  Placing the cursor over the bottom half of a given mission will highlight the mission below it.

Found a gif of said problem, not mine so I don't know what resolution this was taken in (the UI looks all the same now so its impossible to tell anyways....)

12 minutes ago, Moonsword86 said:

I am a 1080p gamer, and I am glad that scaling for those who play on 4k got sorted out.

The new size of the hud on my screen has really thrown me out, I have muscle memory for things that I carry in each mission, restores, specters and the like, and now this new size has just thrown off my game.

I am not saying to change it back, but why have it even change at all for those of us who do use 1080p? it seems counter productive to me, it has been this way for so long, and now we suddenly have a change and we have to learn how to handle it.

Even at 4K the scaling isn't sorted out, and I'm hoping that they revert it.
It looked so much better, and was faster to access things on the gear and emote wheels before they were massively blown up.

It's a mess all around.  The only people who escaped the pain are those who are on 900p or lower resolutions.

On 28/03/2017 at 1:38 PM, Moonsword86 said:

It's impossible to play the game in 1080 and I refuse to adapt because they messed up. We are not to blame, DE is. They created it, they installed it so they are 100% at fault.

I think it's great that 4k support came in but as the intro noted the majority of players (according to your intro) play 720/1080p - in my experience and that of the people I've asked in the 1080p crowd this UI change feels like a forced zoom, the FOV option at its widest is way too narrow, the map is huge, the text is less sharp and overall just put it back the way it was until the majority of players can actually benefit from it (as opposed to what we have here.)

It literally boggles my mind how anyone can find such a minor change "game breaking". Every more so those yelling "How could you ever let this go live" or somesuch nonsense.

It's a little fuzzy because it's a bit bigger, on some static UI elements (Dynamic-overlay-ingame stuff is still controllable via slider) it's precisely the same resolution as before, just bigger with less whitespace. People with high-res, smaller screens can now actually read the text and everyone else gets text that's a bit bigger. 

Boggles my mind, that people are freaking out, and disappoints me greatly.

@[DE]Pablo I'll bet altering all that flash was a nightmare, I don't envy you, rock on and I look forward to seeing it all when finished, in the meantime (other than a couple of hitbox issues other have mentioned) it's fine at 1080p don't stress.

Edited by SilentMobius

Spoiler

0A441DB4DEB23AA869A7D0738D88B149BEEE57C4

Focus tree rescaled (previously did not exceed screen width, now does.) Workaround: Grab-drag screen in to view

Spoiler

A2D09C1EEDA36BA6A3A675C96FEB6446B0EDB3E2

During Sortie-- Defense target incorrectly named and UI element is rendered partially off-screen. (Look at upper left, between Minimap and TIME 0:51)

Spoiler

9F93BE750EB6D1C177D4210DAB691CD39412BA7B

Armor Integrity UI element overlaps with "Used Antiserum" notifications. See upper left.

Spoiler

43B714BCDE4D5503E88FAB079650839DD1BE6E77

Arcane UI scrolls outside of intended area. It's supposed to be a 3x3 grid and frequently it will be rendered as a 3x2 grid-- but with a bit of jiggling you can get 3x3 to display outside of the intended area instead of clearing.

1 hour ago, SilentMobius said:

It literally boggles my mind how anyone can find such a minor change "game breaking". Every more so those yelling "How could you ever let this go live" or somesuch nonsense.

It's a little fuzzy because it's a bit bigger, on some static UI elements (Dynamic-overlay-ingame stuff is still controllable via slider) it's precisely the same resolution as before, just bigger with less whitespace. People with high-res, smaller screens can now actually read the text and everyone else gets text that's a bit bigger. 

Boggles my mind, that people are freaking out, and disappoints me greatly.

@[DE]Pablo I'll bet altering all that flash was a nightmare, I don't envy you, rock on and I look forward to seeing it all when finished, in the meantime (other than a couple of hitbox issues other have mentioned) it's fine at 1080p don't stress.

Because for people that have big screen (24 inches or more) and just a resolution of 1080p it renders everything so big and blurry to a point where it causes eye strain, if like me you suffer from astigmatism and myopia it really is a game breaker. I don't experience that on any other game and didn't in Warframe either until the last patch. Now everything is harder to read and focus on.

Other than that it just looks terrible, this is a UI design that you would expect from a small indie team pre-alpha game, not from a beta that's been out for years. Everything feels very cluttered and imprecise and it gives the game a 800x600 look and feel. Just because you find it okay doesn't mean that everyone's okay with the change.

2 hours ago, Deodus said:

Because for people that have big screen (24 inches or more) and just a resolution of 1080p it renders everything so big and blurry to a point where it causes eye strain, if like me you suffer from astigmatism and myopia it really is a game breaker. I don't experience that on any other game and didn't in Warframe either until the last patch. Now everything is harder to read and focus on.

Other than that it just looks terrible, this is a UI design that you would expect from a small indie team pre-alpha game, not from a beta that's been out for years. Everything feels very cluttered and imprecise and it gives the game a 800x600 look and feel. Just because you find it okay doesn't mean that everyone's okay with the change.

Not being "Ok with the change" is very different to the hyperbole in this thread. Literally all that has changed is the loss of a little whitespace and slightly bigger text. I feel for your condition, I really do, and I support DE adding in some space back into the UI as and when they can, and ultimately upping the resolution of the scaleform rendered textures, when they can.

But some of the insults, ignorance of development and just plain rudeness in the thread just really bothers me, because this crap happens to me in my day job and the last thing I need is more of the same in my free time.