Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4K UI Support

[DE]Pablo

3 minutes ago, [DE]Pablo said:

Before we had a few screens that always stretched up to match resolution, Like Arsenal, Mods, Main Menu, Foundry, etc. Now all screens do this, I realize things now look bigger, in some cases MUCH bigger and that might be undesirable.

Unfortunately giving you control over this is pretty complicated, since each screen is setup manually for it's own needs. Steve does have a theory of something we could try but it will take some time to investigate once we are out of the woods for the update.

Will keep you informed, once we know more, it will take some time, thanks for your patience.

PS. The HUD scale slider only affect Heads Up Display in missions, it does not affect any of the menus.

Thanks for the info, but might I say, it would be a good idea to roll back this change until you've fixed this? Not being aggressive here, but the event and quest are kind of time-sensitive for a lot of people and it might be a good idea to just let them be done with them before moving to the more 'technical' parts of the update.

EDIT: Also, despite the update, everything STILL looks huge and blurry. Ergo my suggestion of rolling this back, if possible.

Edited by Lyravain

3 minutes ago, [DE]Pablo said:

Before we had a few screens that always stretched up to match resolution, Like Arsenal, Mods, Main Menu, Foundry, etc. Now all screens do this, I realize things now look bigger, in some cases MUCH bigger and that might be undesirable.

Unfortunately giving you control over this is pretty complicated, since each screen is setup manually for it's own needs. Steve does have a theory of something we could try but it will take some time to investigate once we are out of the woods for the update.

Will keep you informed, once we know more, it will take some time, thanks for your patience.

PS. The HUD scale slider only affect Heads Up Display in missions, it does not affect any of the menus.

The simplest solution is to just revert it at the moment. I wouldn't  be surprised if 4K users are having issues with this.

6 minutes ago, [DE]Pablo said:

In the meantime /please/ revert the change while you guys expirement.

Seriously, the vast majority of the community is experiencing a serious problem with this update. Don't let this sit while you guys tinker, please revert and /then/ tinker.

I beg of you.

8 minutes ago, [DE]Pablo said:

You should try to fix this ASAP. The Menus now look horrible pixelated like 800x600 Menus. Really not good. 

Just now, Raliegh said:

In the meantime /please/ revert the change while you guys expirement.

Seriously, the vast majority of the community is experiencing a serious problem with this update. Don't let this sit while you guys tinker, please revert and /then/ tinker.

I beg of you.

It's not the sort of thing that can be reverted, it's setup on each screen, so after it was setup any additional changes done to that screen would be combined into it. It's tangled in along with dozens and dozen of changes over the past few months

9 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

The simplest solution is to just revert it at the moment. I wouldn't  be surprised if 4K users are having issues with this.

Definitely. The only people who might like this change, where this isn't a regression, are people on tiny monitors with a 4K resolution. who could've fixed it by changing their resolution to something lower.

With the new "4K UI Support" we're stuck with this FUBAR oversized interface, and we can't do anything about it to fix it.

[DE], check it on a big monitor (4K or not), it's horrible. Basically creating a much bigger problem than you've tried to solve.

Edited by ThisIsMyName

7 minutes ago, [DE]Pablo said:

Don't rush, the 22 players using 4K are super happy right now, the rest of us, not so much! I think you have your priorities a bit backwards, if I may say so :

"Nearly 40% of Steam gamers are rocking a 1080p screen, but there aren’t enough 4K monitors in Valve's gaming survey to warrant their own entry."

https://www.pcgamesn.com/4k-gaming-insignificant

Support is one thing, I'm all for it, but "support" isn't butchering the UI for everyone else.

11 minutes ago, [DE]Pablo said:

You can just place the other things such as foundry, mods, arsenal at 4k, and let other people choose the zooming of the main menu, and the stats board.

5 minutes ago, [DE]Pablo said:

It's not the sort of thing that can be reverted, it's setup on each screen, so after it was setup any additional changes done to that screen would be combined into it. It's tangled in along with dozens and dozen of changes over the past few months

Good to know, shame about the font sizes being out of wack for many users. Will escaping out of chats work again or has that moved on?

2 minutes ago, [DE]Pablo said:

I don't like getting mad at game developers (unless they really deserve it like some Indie devs), but this... This is inexcusable. By trying to make a small amount of 4K resolution players happy, this change has pretty much screwed over the majority of players who use different resolutions. Something like this either needs to have options to change the hud size before the update releases, or to not be released at all until you've figured everything out! Seriously, did no one think about the potential backlash of this new horrid UI before saying this was good to go?

This needs to be fixed, and soon.

12 minutes ago, [DE]Pablo said:

Well, see, there's a problem here. 4K has a very awkward aspect ratio, and as such, if you design your UI around it, you're gonna have horrible blur from 'scaling' for every single other resolution, due to the aspect ratios not matching. It's just a no-brainer.

A possible solution would be having different baseline UI's for each aspect ratio that are downscaled to the individuals resolution, due to upscaling also potentially causing the aforementioned blur.

Edited by Krylia_Viru

This is terrible, please revert it. Okay I get its mixed in with the rest of the update, but please just tell us you messed up, you're working on fixing it, and it will be fixed when it can as soon as possible.

And it seems the 4k users are not happy either from what I've seen.

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

So... this is to support 4k resolutions.  Great, in two to five years when I can upgrade my PC to something that can run at 4k, I might care.  For the moment, I play at a vertical resolution of 1080, and I honestly don't care about 4k.  At all.  But I'm glad this is an improvement for whatever tiny fraction of the playerbase was having issues with the previous UI, that's great for them.