Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4K UI Support

[DE]Pablo

Just now, hopeofhell1 said:

i personally am a person who likes it when a game doesnt have 4K UI support, it makes the UI nice and small.
Its legit worse for me.

such "support" should allow one to have the scale as BIg or tiny as one desires. not just bloating the f out of everything so it fits what some dude tought was better for everyone

I'm playing at 2560 x 1440. Can you make screens such as the Inventory and Foundry display more items and scale "negatively" with resolution increase? With the new update it has only gotten worse. I'm seeing less items at a time now in the Inventory and have to scroll a lot. Normally applications running in higher resolutions allow you to view an increased number of items, instead of just blowing them up and wasting screen space.

It's not just about the size though for me, as big and horrific as it is (personally I prefer smaller UI, elements/menus) but the resolution for them is just so low and awful too.... it's like some of the game looks high res and crisp then the other half looks like super low res &#! o.O

NO ONE LIKES THIS. 

I wont even get my self confortable to start the new quest bc damn it looks so ugly. 

Dude, JUST ROLL IT BACK.

The tiny 4k player base have had it as it was FOR MONTHS. Superb that you're trying to give some QoL to them; BUT MAKE IT WHEN ITS GOOD FOR EVERYONE, Good like Actually Done; Not this half baked thing.

4 hours ago, [DE]Pablo said:

Before we had a few screens that always stretched up to match resolution, Like Arsenal, Mods, Main Menu, Foundry, etc. Now all screens do this, I realize things now look bigger, in some cases MUCH bigger and that might be undesirable.

Unfortunately giving you control over this is pretty complicated, since each screen is setup manually for it's own needs. Steve does have a theory of something we could try but it will take some time to investigate once we are out of the woods for the update.

Will keep you informed, once we know more, it will take some time, thanks for your patience.

PS. The HUD scale slider only affect Heads Up Display in missions, it does not affect any of the menus.

You do realize that the game is unplayable for those running at 1080 resolution, right?  Everything's blurry and HUGE!!  It's like HUD is at 800 resolution.

I finished the 3 new missions and got nauseous, I have to log out.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

If everyone could please attach the 'worst case scenario' screenshots to the posts as well it'd be enormously helpful - visual examples would be greatly appreciated.

20170325031955_1.jpg

Edited by Lele.

thank you for fixing the problem for 4K users by throwing everyone else under the UI bus. I really enjoy those low resolution elements that bloat out of the sharpness of the rest of the UI and game. I don't want to say you guys might have half assed this, but did you not test this on non 4K systems before implementation? at 1080p it looks/feels like it's upscaled from 800x600 :/

29 minutes ago, Xhenthius said:

You do realize that the game is unplayable for those running at 1080 resolution, right?  Everything's blurry and HUGE!!  It's like HUD is at 800 resolution.

I finished the 3 new missions and got nauseous, I have to log out.

It's not just 1080p users this is affecting. It's pretty much everyone. I'm at 2560x1440 and it's the same for me, everything's way too big, way too low res/blurry. Also get nauseous from looking at it for too long....

5 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

thank you for fixing the problem for 4K users by throwing everyone else under the UI bus. I really enjoy those low resolution elements that bloat out of the sharpness of the rest of the UI and game. I don't want to say you guys might have half assed this, but did you not test this on non 4K systems before implementation? at 1080p it looks/feels like it's upscaled from 800x600 :/

Pretty sure it's not "fixed" or fine for 4k users either, they are reporting that they preferred it before as well and are having the same issues as everyone else. Too big, too blurry.

With these changes, I, running on windowed 1920x1000 resolution, can finally see how it is to play the game in 800x600 but bloated up. At least UI wise. It is really intrusive on missions, where we have "new reward found", "focus acquired", "xyz invited you to a game" and "level up" messages cluttering the screen so much.

43 minutes ago, A7xConnor said:

Pretty sure it's not "fixed" or fine for 4k users either, they are reporting that they preferred it before as well and are having the same issues as everyone else. Too big, too blurry.

that's just sad. what happened here?

1 minute ago, Rawbeard said:

that's just sad. what happened here?

Bad implementation of the 4k Mechanics, as well as not everyone playing at 4k. I play at 1920x1080 and I am super clunky with the overall graphics, blurry transition (nauseous) and having to deal with overly-large texts and HUD icons as well. 

rNR5TPe.jpg

UI elements are huge like everyone else, my camera feels like its moved a few feet forward. Basically playing at 1920x1080 getting 800x600. Other issues include cursor becoming boxed in and unable to reach entire screen, tried to change some hot keys but the keybind menu automatically erases movement related hotkeys (sprint, toggle crouch, ect.) and will not allow you to change any settings. Requires a restart at that point since it wants you to bind keys but wont let you do exactly that.

58 minutes ago, FireSegment said:

can some1 post a picture or describe what u guys see? dont use 4k display so no idea, it look perfectly normal for me.

do you play at a super low res.? to the rest of us its super blurry, as if you take a little picture and zoomed into it A LOT

It also looks Giantic. c'TF-ON we're not 60+yo dudes "needing" some sort of "easy text mode" lmao

6 hours ago, [DE]Pablo said:

It's not the sort of thing that can be reverted, it's setup on each screen, so after it was setup any additional changes done to that screen would be combined into it. It's tangled in along with dozens and dozen of changes over the past few months

I understand you can't revert this with the push of a button, but let me say this: reverting to the previous method (even if that requires you taking extra time to disentangle these changes) is absolutely, positively necessary. I literally can't use this UI - it's fat, clunky, and I can't really see through it at all. I went into a relay to get Octavia's Anthem and I literally could not bear to play the game longer than getting the quest and quitting out.

Please fix this. I know it sounds like people are being overdramatic but this is literally unplayable.